Indie games are among the most enjoyed genre of games across platforms as they bring something new to the table and are made with hard work and creativity. So that makes it important to appreciate developers for the effort they put into their games without having any backing from a big, known studio. The Indie Festival Awards event does exactly that as it is an event that is officially hosted by the Google Play Store that awards the best games released for Android in a particular region. However, for the 2021 event, the winners of the Indie Games Festival have been announced.
Indie Games Festival 2021 winners
The event was held virtually in South Korea, Japan, and Europe this year. The winners for each of the regions as announced on their official blog are as follows:
- Bird Alone – A thought-provoking casual puzzle by George Bachelor from the United Kingdom.
- Cats in Time – An engrossing casual puzzle game by Pine Studio, Croatia.
- Gumslinger – An action stylized shooter by Itatake from Sweden.
- CATS & SOUP – A simulation game by Hidea
- Rush Hour Rally – An arcade game by Soen games
- The Way Home – A Rouge-like dungeon crawler by CONCODE.
- Users’ Choice: Animal Doll Shop – A cute and addictive tycoon game by Funnyeve.
- Mousebusters – A pixelated retro-style horror adventure title by Odencat.
- Quantum Transport – A puzzler that transcends time and space by ruccho.
- Survivor’s guilt – A survival/escape game set in the aftermath of an earthquake by aso.
So these were the games that were picked out of the nominations for the Finals of the 2021 Indie Games Festival. It’s a great way of acknowledging developers of games designed from the ground up with fairly minimalist means. That being said, these games listed above were the winners of this year’s festival and any Indie game fan might find some new favorites here.
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Google News for quick updates.