Genshin Impact will be releasing their latest patch update, Version 3.4 “The Exquisite Night Chimes” around the 18th of January, 2023. The highly anticipated character ever, since the Sumeru Archon Quests introduced him Alhaitham, the rumoured acting Grand Sage of the Akademia, has finally become playable in the newest patch. This guide provides the players with a rough estimate of how many free primogems any individual may obtain, if they play all the contents of the Genshin Impact 3.4 update.
Along with Alhaitham, another new playable character was released called Yaoyao, who is yet another pre-established character that has been seen in promotional art and voice lines. Some re-run banners aside, this version also released another Expansion Map of Sumeru in the desert region, along with some more packed limited content that is full of rewards with high amounts of Primogems being obtainable. Free-to-Play players should take advantage of the new update and collect those free primogems.
How to get free Primogems with Genshin Impact 3.4 Update
1. Daily Commissions
Patch 3.4 will run for six whole weeks as usual. Players can gain 60 Primogems for a total of 42 days, if they complete their commissions on time before the daily reset hits. A total of 2520 Primogems (42 x 60) can be obtained.
2. Spiral Abyss
The Spiral Abyss resets every 15 days from Floor 8 to Floor 12. Each floor has three chambers where they reward players with 50 primogems, if the player can finish the challenges on time, so the player can obtain 150 Primogems every Floor. A total of 600 Primogems are given with each Spiral Abyss rotation. The Abyss will reset about three times during the 3.4 Patch, which means they can obtain a total of 1800 Primogems (600 x 3).
3. Paimon’s Bargains (Stardust Exchange)
In the Paimon’s Bargains shop, there is a section called Stardust Exchange, where players can purchase a total of 5 Acquaint Fates and 5 Intertwined Fates, in exchange for Stardust, which is obtained by Wishing. The Shop resets every month on the first day of the week, and players must make sure that they must buy the Fates before that. According to the patch timeline, players can obtain 10 Intertwined Fates (1600 Primogems) during the update, during the February and March 2023 refresh.
3. HoYoLAB Daily Check-In
Genshin Impact has a Daily Check-In reward system each month at their HoYoLAB website where players can obtain a total of 80primogems just by checking in the HoYoLAB App or Website. Tip: Players don’t need to complete the whole month to acquire 60 primogems each, only checking in for straight 18 days.
4. Version 3.4 Update Compensation
When a new patch update hits, Genshin Impact takes a few hours, mainly around 5 hours for maintenance of the update. After maintenance is done, players can log in to enjoy the fresh new patch update and also receive compensation in their Mail for the maintenance (600 primogems). Players must be warned that players should claim this mail during the update or else it will expire.
5. Version 3.5 Livestream
To bring excitement and hype around new updates, Genshin Impact usually hosts a Livestream for the upcoming patch and reveals bits through trailers and discussions. During the Livestream, they bring out three codes to redeem where each code rewards players with 100 primogems. A total of 300 primogems can be obtained. Players must be sure to redeem the codes as soon as possible, as they expire after 24 hours or less.
6. Test Runs
Each five-star they run banners for during the updates has a Test Run, where players can check out the playable characters and how they function. After completing the Test runs, players can claim 20 Primogems plus ascension materials for said characters. Characters such as Alhaitham, Xiao, Hu Tao and Yelan would have banners during the 3.4 update, hence, a total of 80 Primogems can be obtained.
7. Story Quests
A new update means new quests to complete and this update has a bunch of them. World Quests aside, this patch will introduce us to a new playable character that players are quite familiar with during the Sumeru Archon Quests. Alhaitham will be released in this patch which means a new Story quest is on the way called ‘Vultur Volans ACT I’. This quest follows the events after the previous Sumeru storyline takes place, the last Archon Quest ACT V. A total of 60 Primogems can be obtained through the Quest.
8. Exploration Content
A new expansion of the Map in Version 3.4 results in more ways to gain Primogems through exploration and unlocking places. To break-down:
- Unlocking Teleport Waypoints and Statues of the Seven: 75 Primogems
- Maxing the Statue of the Seven: 60 Primogems
- Unlocking Domains and clearing them: 90 Primogems
- Tree of Dreams Level Up Rewards (Cap Increased from Level 30 to Level 40): Two Intertwined Fates (320 Primogems)
- Chests and overall exploration of other mechanics: ~ 1500 Primogems (estimated)
- Completing almost all new World Quests this patch: ~ 600 Primogems (estimated)
More achievement tasks are added to the new update of the game, including a whole new Achievement Category due to the new Desert Expansion in Sumeru for 3.4 being added in the game which entails more exploration achievements. Completing them all would result in obtaining a total of 200 Primogems.
10. Limited Events
- The Exquisite Night Chimes: This patch’s flagship limited event is called ‘The Exquisite Night Chimes’. As the year’s end draws near, the bustling Lantern Rite is soon approaching. The Traveler and Paimon return to Liyue Harbor and find themselves pleasantly surprised by many old friends, and a special guest from abroad. The Flagship limited event will give players a total of 800 Primogems.
- Almighty Arataki Extraordinary and Exhilarating Extreme Beetle Brawl: In exceptional spirits, Traveler and Paimon return to Inazuma, only to run into the Arataki Gang, who greeted them with hands clasped and expressions grinning. They seem to be scheming to deal with a mighty foe. Total Primogems to be obtained through this event: 420 Primogems.
- Warrior’s Spirit: The capacity to bear the weight of charity and mercy: the capability to wield both blade and might. Such is the first precept of the Warrior’s Spirit. Yet with the shifting of ages, past and present have begun to drift. In the same fashion, the Warrior’s Spirit event of today bears changes as well. Total Primogems to be obtained through this event: 420 Primogems.
- Second Blooming: Re-encounter the Witch of Purple Rose in a land rich with her namesake. Total Primogems to be obtained through this event: 420 Primogems.
- May Fortune Find You: A limited login-in reward system exclusively for this 3.4 Version of Lantern Rite where players can obtain various rewards every 7 days when they log in. A total of 10 Intertwined Fates can be obtained through this event. 10 Intertwined Fates = 1600 Primogems.
- Lantern Rite Celebration Rewards: Mails will be sent to players containing various rewards as a celebration for the Lantern Rite event. Players can obtain 3 Intertwined Fates as a reward. 3 Intertwined Fates = 480 Primogems.
11. Miscellaneous Codes and Web Events
To bring promotion to each patch, Genshin Impact releases a few Web Events where players can play a few mini-games through the Genshin Impact website and obtain Primogems as they go by. Codes are also given randomly to redeem as a promotional method. An estimated amount of 200 primogems can be obtained through the events and codes. So keep your eyes peeled on Genshin Impact’s official Socials to learn more!
Maximum Primogems obtainable in Genshin Impact Version 3.4
|Paimon’s Bargains Shop||(10 Intertwined Fates x 160 Primogems) = 1600|
|HoYoLAB Daily Check-In||80|
|Version 3.4 Update Compensation||600|
|Lantern Rite Mail||(3 Intertwined Fates x 160 Primogems) = 480|
|Alhaitham Story Quest ACT I||60|
|Teleport Waypoints and Statue of the Seven||75|
|Chests and Exploration||1500|
|Statue of Seven and Tree of Dreams Level-Up||380|
|Domain Unlock and Cleared||90|
|The Exquisite Night Chimes||800|
|Almighty Arataki Extraordinary and Exhilarating Beetle Crawl||420|
|May Fortune Find You||(10 Intertwined Fates x 160 Primogems) = 1600|
|Miscellaneous Web Events||100|
Total Primogems = 14,225 Primogems (Approx. ~89 Intertwined Fates)
Therefore, as a Free-To-Play (F2P) Player, the total amount of free Primogems you would obtain is 14,225 Primogems (approx. 89 Free Intertwined Fates)
Players must note that this is just an estimated calculation and should only be taken as a reference, and actual primogems income can vary a lot, with this estimated amount.
Did you find our guide on how to get around 14225+ primogems for free Genshin Impact 3.4 update useful? Let us know in the comments below!