The latest offering by the studio that made Mr. Meat, Keplerian Horror Games, is the second installment, Mr. Meat 2: Prison Break. The game launched on 15th July 2022 and is already a well-received successor to Mr. Meat. The horror RPG genre on mobile is very saturated. Games in this category have largely been underwhelming. Among all of these games, Mr, Meat has stood out. In this beginners guide, we are going to take a look at the basic gameplay and tips of Mr. Meat 2: Prison Break, and help new players get a headstart.
After the events of the first game, this installment is a continuation. Mr. Meat was captured by the police and imprisoned for his crimes. After years of being locked up in the state prison, the day of his execution has arrived and all the people related to the case have gathered in the prison to witness his end.
In this new installment we play as Rebecca, Mr. Meat’s daughter, who after being rescued in the previous game, is involved in a new nightmare when she goes to watch her father’s execution. We will explore an all-new setting as we escape from Mr. Meat and solve puzzles in our search for a route to escape from the prison that has been taken over by the butcher.
Introducing the basics of Mr. Meat 2: Prison Break
In the previous installment of this game, we had a few different ways to play. The same applies to this installment as well. Though we have a singular objective, we have a few different ways to bring it to fruition.
Know all the Different Ways to Escape and Explore
- Escaping through the basement tunnel: One way to get out of the nightmare is to escape through the basement tunnel. Using this we can be more discreet and secretive. Moving out in the open won’t be as necessary, and we can avoid Mr. Meat for a longer period of time.
- Escaping through the main door of the prison: Another way to escape this prison is to run out the main door. Of course, it will take a lot of effort. Along with that, the scary Mr. Meat will be on your tail for longer.
- Exploring the prison: In this mode, we can explore the deepest, darkest corners of the prison. All areas of the prison can be explored but we will have to make the effort to unlock them. Overall this is a mode where we focus more on exploration than on survival.
Understanding all the in-game Difficulty levels
Mr. Meat 2 has 4 levels of difficulty.
- Easy: In this difficulty, our enemies aren’t very dangerous. We can only access the required areas for this route. We have 3 attempts to escape in this mode.
- Normal: For the Normal difficulty, the enemies will be a bit more dangerous, but not as much as the Hard difficulty. Normal can be a bit harder for newbies, so it would be best to stick to easy for the first few playthroughs. We have 3 attempts to escape in this mode as well.
- Hard: In Hard Mode, the difficulty really kicks up. Mr. Meat is able to hear us better than before, and we can’t easily escape from other enemies as well. We have only 1 attempt to escape in Hard Mode.
- Ghost Mode: In Ghost Mode, our enemies won’t be able to see us. But, we will have to go through a ton of ads during the playthrough. This can be good for mapping out the area. During this mode, we have 3 attempts to escape.
At the start of every playthrough in this game, we get a stun gun that we can use to stun our enemies. The gun has 2 charges at first, and then, to get more charges, we have to watch ads. It is very important to use it sparingly and only in the direst situations.
Mr. Meat 2: Prison Break Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
Here are some of our tips in our Mr. Meat 2: Prison Break Beginners Guide to help you, newbies, to kickstart your journey.
- Mr. Meat roams through the prison once we open the barred door that separates his execution room and the rest of the prison. So, once we open the door, we need to start scouting the places where we can hide.
- The stun gun’s first use in the game is when we need to get the ID card from a guard pig. That guard pig is very slippery, so we have to get his ID card by stunning him. We have to do that, by crouching and sneaking up on him.
- In Easy Mode, even though enemies aren’t as dangerous, it is advised to not make much noise since it still draws them to us.
- Scouting and planning ahead are very important for escaping.
- A different strategy we can use to distract Mr. Meat and other enemies is to open random doors and make loud noises in an area. Then, when they make their way to that area, we can sneak around and get to our objective.
- Headphones/playing with sound is necessary, as we need to hear when Mr. Meat is near us.
So go ahead and give it a try! If you find trouble, don’t hesitate to fall back on this Mr. Meat 2: Prison Break beginners guide for tips.
That’s all from us for the Mr. Meat 2: Prison Break Beginners Guide! Did you find our Mr. Meat 2: Prison Break beginners guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments!