Jolteon is covered in shiny bright yellow fur and has ears like those of a rabbit. It so has purple almond-shaped eyes and a catlike nuzzled with a small triangular nose. Its back legs are very powerful which allows it to run very fast like a cheetah. It doesn’t have a lot of counters and was once considered the toughest Tier 3 Raid Boss to defeat when it originally came out. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters for players to defeat Jolteon as it’s going to be a tough battle.
Jolteon in Pokémon Go
Jolteon is an Electric-type Pokémon and is only weak towards strong Ground-type attacks. Players should try to avoid using Flying, Electric, and Steel type counters against it as they won’t be of much use. They should also avoid using Water and Flying type Pokémons because Jolteon’s movsets are super effective against them. The players can also use Dragon-type Pokémons in their team as they take reduced damage from Jolteon who has a max CP of 2888.
The best movesets for Jolteon are Thunder Shock and Thunderbolt and both of them have a combined DPS of 48.4. It is the best set of moves to be used in Pokémon gyms and PvP battles. Other decent moves include Volt Switch and Discharge among others. It is a tough Pokémon to fight against so players should be careful while building a team against it and choose their Pokémons accordingly.
Best counters against Jolteon in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Jolteon and guarantee themselves a win.
- Gengar(Mega): Lick/Sludge Bomb
- Latios(Mega): Dragon Breath/Psychic
- Landorus(Therian): Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Groudon: Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Excadrill: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Garchomp: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Rhyperior: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Charizard(Mega Y): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Landorus(Incarnate): Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Landorus: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Charizard(Mega X): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Latias(Mega): Zen Headbutt/Psychic
- Beedrill(Mega): Bug Bite/Drill Run
- Aerodactyl(Mega): Rock Throw/Earth Power
- Rhydon: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Blastoise(Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Venusaur(Mega): Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Golurk: Mud-Slap/Earth Power
- Mamoswine: Mud-Slap/Bulldoze
- Houndoom(Mega): Fire Fang/Foul Play
- Steelix(Mega): Thunder Fang/Earthquake
- Gyarados(Mega): Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Donphan: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Golem: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Absol(Mega): Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Kangaskhan(Mega): Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Lopunny(Mega): Pound/Focus Blast
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Psystrike
- Ampharos(Mega): Volt Switch/Dragon Pulse
- Flygon: Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Abomasnow(Mega): Razor Leaf/Weather Ball
Jolteon gets boosted in Rainy weather so players should try to avoid fighting it in this weather. It also does not have much effective damage towards Dragon, Grass, Electric, and Ground-type Pokémons as it itself has only Electric-type moves. It is only weak towards strong Ground type counters so players should try to keep the likes of Groudon, Garchomp, or Rhyperior in their team.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Jolteon counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!