Moltres is a legendary dual-type Pokémon in Pokémon Go with the ability to control fire. It is believed that when it gets injured, Moltres dips itself into the molten lava of a burning volcano to burn and heal itself. It is the weakest for Rock-type attacks and players should try to take advantage of this fact. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we will talk about the best counters against Moltres to finish the raid quickly and easily.
Moltres in Pokémon GO
Moltres is a legendary Fire and Flying-type Pokémon with a max CP of 3465. As it is a dual-type Pokémon, it is vulnerable to Rock, Water, and Electric attacks but the most damage can be dealt to it by using Rock-type Pokémons as they take reduced damage against Moltres and Rock-type moves are also 2x more effective against it than other moves.
The best movesets for Moltres are Fire Spin and Sky Attack. Both of them have a combined DPS of 63.3. It is the best combination to fight with in Pokémon gyms and PvP battles. Its moveset is quite strong as it is dual so players will need to have the right Pokémons in their team if they want to counter it successfully.
Best counters against Moltres in Pokémon GO
Here is the list of the best counters against Moltres that one can use and guarantee a win.
- Rampardos: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Rhyperior: Smack Down/Rock Wrecker
- Terrakion: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Tyranitar: Smack Down/Stone Edge
- Tyrantrum: Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Gigalith: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Lycanroc(Dusk): Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Lycanroc: Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Lycanroc (Midday): Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Aerodactyl: Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Landorus: Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Landorus (Incarnate): Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Golem(Alola): Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Omastar: Rock Throw/ Rock Slide
- Golem: Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Lycanroc(Midnight): Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Archeops: Wing Attack/ Ancient Power
- Nihilego: Acid/Rock Slide
- Xurkitree: Spark/Discharge
- Regirock: Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Aggron: Smack Down/Stone Edge
- Lunatone: Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Solrock: Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Zekrom: Charge Beam/Wild Charge
- Crustle: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Darmanitan: Tackle/Rock Slide
- Carracosta: Rock Throw/ Ancient Power
- Darmanitan(Standard): Tackle/Rock Slide
- Clawitzer: SmackDown/Crabhammer
- Thundurus(Therian): Volt Switch/Thunderbolt
- Kyogre: Waterfall/Surf
- Sudowoodo: Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Hippowdon: Thunder Fang/Weather Ball
- Boldore: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Melmetal: Thunder Shock/Rock Slide
Because of its Fire and Flying type nature, Moltres takes 2x damage from Rock type counters along with Water and Electric-type moves being the second-best choices. Players should try to keep Pokémon like Sudowoodo, Rhyperior, and Golem as they are strong Rock-type Pokémon along with Thundurus and Omastar being good choices too. Rock-type Pokémon increase the chances of players winning the raid if they are on their team.
What are your thoughts about our article on Moltres counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!