Niantic’s popular adventure mobile game, Pokémon GO is celebrating its fifth anniversary, and as part of the celebrations, Niantic revealed Pokémon GO users can now take advantage of a new promotion: three months of YouTube Premium for free. They have also announced a new partnership with Google Play to give players additional rewards leading up to and during the event on July 17 and 18.
Niantic revealed Pokémon GO users can now take advantage of a new promotion: three months of YouTube Premium for free.
This free trial promotion will only be eligible to Pokémon GO players in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Australia, and Singapore. Only players who are not current YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium subscribers will be able to redeem the offer.
Steps to get YouTube Premium for free with Pokémon GO
Getting YouTube Premium for free with Pokémon GO is a really simple process, so you just have to do the following steps
- Follow this link
- Log in with your YouTube account (or create a new one if required)
- Once you are logged in, click the “Get YouTube Premium” button
- Enter your payment method and info
- Click “Buy”
- You will receive your three months of YouTube Premium for free as part of this campaign for the 5th Anniversary of Pokémon GO.
That said, if you don’t deactivate its automatic renewal, you will be charged once the free subscription period ends.
Terms and Conditions for Pokémon GO YouTube Premium subscription
Likewise, we must emphasize this is only available to Pokémon GO users who aren’t YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium subscribers, those who have never been subscribed to these services, YouTube Red, or Google Play Music, and for users from the following countries and regions
- Americas: United States, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil
- Europe: Great Britain, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain
- Asia and Oceania: Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Australia
This also means that any user that has previously been subscribed to or used a trial YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium, YouTube Red, or Google Play Music will also be ineligible for this promotion. This is redeemable until October 6 at 1:59 am CT and will transition into a normal, $11.99 monthly YouTube Premium subscription at the end of the trial period, though the trial can be canceled at any time before the end date at no extra charge.