Shockingly, a few days back, Electronic Arts announced to scrap the development of Apex Legends Mobile. This move comes as a disappointment to fans of the game. The reason for the shutdown, as stated in a recent blog post released by EA, is that the “content pipeline for Apex Legends Mobile has started to fall short of that bar for quality, quantity, and cadence.” The formal shutdown of the Apex Legends Mobile server will take place on May 1st, 2023. But prior to that, a brand new season update of Apex Legends Mobile: Aspire is now live as a farewell tour for Apex Legends Mobile as the game will sunset in the coming months.
This season, players will be able to explore the new map Olympus and welcome to Apex Legends Mobile: Horizon, The Gravitational Manipulator! Dr. Mary Somers herself will make it easy to traverse the new map and get more than a leg up on the competition. Speaking of things that are out of this world, this new season also boasts a brand new Signature Weapon for Octane, a new Battle Pass, a brand new feature called Tournaments, Ranked updates, and much more.
Introducing Horizon, the new legend
The Outlands were perilously close to experiencing a catastrophic energy crisis almost a century ago. A charmingly quirky astrophysicist named Dr. Mary Somers was brought in to provide a solution. Mary relocated her family to the Olympus research facility and got to work.
Dr. Reid, her apprentice, assisted Mary in finding Branthium, which she believed might hold the answer to endless energy. Due to the fact that Branthium can only be found on a black hole’s accretion disc, Mary and Dr. Reid set out on a perilous quest to confirm her theory.
Mary assured her son Newton that she would come back unscathed. She was betrayed by Dr. Reid, who took the Branthium and launched her shuttle into the orbit of the black hole. Mary upgraded her robotic vacuum friend N.E.W.T. to help her get away using her cunning. She was 87 years too late since time behaves differently on the fringes of a black hole.
Mary is now committed to raising the money necessary to support her research into time travel so she can be with her son. Just in time for the upcoming season to premiere on Olympus, where her old life once was and where she had sworn to return, she joins the Apex Games as Horizon, master of gravity.
Skills and Abilities of Horizon
Increase air control and reduce fall impacts with Horizon’s custom spacesuit
Tactical: Gravity Lift
Reverse the flow of gravity, lifting players upwards and boosting them outwards when they exit.
Ultimate: Black Hole
Deploy N.E.W.T. to create a micro black hole that pulls players in towards it, and hits them with a gravitational blast at the end.
- Swift Landing: Briefly accelerate after falling from a great height.
- Gravitational Pull: While knocked down, you can still use Gravity Lift.
- Leap for Mankind: You can jump higher when your Tactical and Ultimate are deployed.
- Cosmic Lift: Gravity Lift’s height increases by 50%.
- Extra Dimension: You remain in the Gravity Lift longer.
- Dark Matter: Black Hole destroys all enemy traps within its vicinity.
- Deadly Momentum: Using your Finisher reduces your Ultimates cooldown by 30%.
- Battle Adaptation: Using your Finisher adds 100 points to your EVO Shield.
- Tactical Advantage: Using your Finisher charges your Tactical.
New Map: Olympus
The third Battle Royale Map for Apex Legends Mobile is called Olympus. A floating city high above the planet Psamathe appears on the map. This new map features luxurious decorations, stylized vistas, and lush artificial terrain. Kings Canyon and World’s Edge’s tall, cliffside rocks are no longer present.
Instead, you’ll encounter dangerously exposed terrain that reveals the clouds below. Gravity Elevators, another novel method of map navigation, are also included in Olympus. Players may easily move from one of these elevators to the next because they are grouped together and dispersed over the map.
New Weapon: Afterburner
Octane’s propensity for utter mayhem is driven by Afterburner, a customized bat that is fueled for action. There are 6 tiers in this new signature weapon’s 2 lethal versions. Additional customization options for Afterburner include distinctive visual effects, textures, and more!
By completing specific objectives to gain Signature Merits or by purchasing Signature Tributes during game-specific events, the base weapon can be unlocked. Keep an eye out for any and all new opportunities to dominate your opponents.
New Feature: Tournaments
New, short-lived competitive events called tournaments allow you to compete against other Legends and win fantastic in-game rewards.
A variety of objectives are rotated during tournaments. Your points are monitored in a real-time leaderboard specific to the Tournament as you complete these tasks. Legends can accumulate Tournament Points in matches in the appropriate modes while the Tournament is running thanks to these Tournament Leaderboards, which are accessible for a brief period of time. You might come across some of the favorite Tournament types, which include:
- Elimination Tournaments: damage, knocks, and kills.
- Legends Tournaments: use of specific Legends and their abilities.
- Ranked Tournaments: difficult challenges for the best players.
There is no entry fee for any tournaments! To participate in a tournament, you must choose to do so, and certain events have specific restrictions, such as minimum rank and level requirements. Additionally, in order to get a prize for each Tournament, you must achieve a minimum participation criterion.
Points are only counted while the Tournament is ongoing, and scores are totaled every match in qualified formats. Tournament Points are always accumulated in methods that prioritize talent and strategy above all else, despite the fact that scoring guidelines vary based on the sort of Tournament being played. Tournament rewards are awarded after the Tournament has concluded. Rewards are based on your final leaderboard placement and can either be claimed via your in-game mailbox or the Tournament menu.
Key Updates in Apex Legends Mobile
New Battle Pass
The Aspire Battle Pass is here to provide you with some killer weapon cosmetics and drop-dead gorgeous Legend cosmetics!
New limited-time Game modes and Events will be available in this update
A shockingly fun new limited-time mode is making its way to the Apex Games! Lighting Battle is a new take on Battle Royale featuring smaller initial safe zones and fewer rounds. On top of that, cooldowns for Legend abilities have been greatly reduced so fire to your heart’s content!
Sometimes you get the perfect loadout on the drop. In Deja Loot, a new Limited Time mode for Battle Royale, loot is fixed. Airdrop points, supply ship routes, safe zone locations, and respawn points are also fixed but updated daily. That’s right, we’ve taken some of the random out of Battle Royale.
Loot MRVN Challenges – February 15th – 28th
Take on the Loot MRVN’s Olympus challenges to explore the utopian city and receive its innovative rewards.
Octane’s Strikeout – February 15th – 28th
Complete Octane-centric objectives to earn Signature Merits to unlock Octane’s brand new Signature weapon, Afterburner!
Carnival Parade – February 18th – 24th
Complete missions and unlock Carnival-themed rewards to parade around the map!
Daily Blast Off! – February 24th – March 7th
Horizon’s launching into the league with new missions landing every day. Achieve greatness and earn downloadable posters!
New Store Update
A brand new Store Vault is coming your way in two “servings”: the Biotech-themed Legend and weapon cosmetic line will launch with Aspire, with a fresh vault with different cosmetics under the same theme launching later during this season. Each vault will have unique looks for your favorite weapons and Legends!
Apex Legends Mobile Aspire update: Improvements and Optimizations
- New: Laser Sight attachment can now be equipped to the R-99, Prowler, P2020, RE45, Volt SMG & Alternator.
- Select fire hop-up has been removed: The Prowler now has the attributes of Selectfire by default.
- Quickdraw Holster Returns: It can be equipped in the Alternator, R-99, & Volt SMG. The RE45 & Wingman have the attributes of Quickdraw by default.
Airdrop and Fully Kitted Weapons
- New Airdrop Weapons: Havoc and G7 Scout
- Airdrop G7 Scout
- Fire interval adjusted from 0.55s to 0.375s
- Reserve ammo stack adjusted to 150
- Base damage increased from 34 to 36
- Recoil slightly reduced
- Airdrop Havoc
- Reserve ammo stack adjusted to 250
New Fully Kitted Weapons
- Triple Take Charge Rifle
- Base Damage reduced from 19 to 18
- Overheat bullet count adjusted to 22/24/26/30
- Firing interval adjusted from 0.77s to 0.65s
- Increased the hit deceleration effect of sniper weapons.
- R-99, Prowler, RE45, Volt SMG, Alternator
- Slightly reduced overall recoil
Replicator Changes:The R-301 and Sentinel will now be available in the Replicator. They will both remain in the loot table for ground loot and Supply Bins.
- Adjusted the way Crypto‘s Drone EMP is deployed: the drone can be deployed to a targeted location by pressing and holding the ability button and selecting a target location after release. Upon completion, the drone will fly to that targeted location and activate its EMP explosion.
- Added a minimum travel distance of 5 meters for Ash to Phase Breach.
- Improved shortcut menu flow
- Added the ability to respond to shortcut text
- Improved chat and shortcut text
- Players now have the ability to link multiple sign-in options to an account.
- Optimized the interface display and menu logic of the Recruitment Feature
- Fixed an issue where Ash’s Tactical skill would send enemies flying large distances.
- Fixed a problem where Ash’s Ultimate cooldown would not display properly.
- Fixed an issue where Fades Signature Weapon model would sometimes disappear while equipped.
- Fixed an issue where Rowdy was not matching the Rhapsody skin equipped.
- Fixed an issue where Caustics traps would occasionally become invisible.
- Fixed an issue where audio during gameplay was lower than expected for footsteps, gunshots, and shield cells.
- Fixed an issue where the Critical Crimson Frame could not be equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the Constellation Signature Weapon could not be seen when meleeing with a gun equipped.
- Fixed an issue where Kills and Win trackers were not returning the correct values.
- Fixed an issue where weapon icons were squished in the kill feed after a match.
- Fixed a number of areas on Olympus that players could get stuck in.
- Fixed a texture issue in Market for TDM and Gun Game.
- Fixed a series of localization issues for All languages.
- Many other fixes and improvements.
As for Map and Mode optimizations, there will be Battle Royale Map Rotation for Olympus and World’s Edge. Moreover, for TDM and Gun Game Map Rotation, it will be between Market, Overflow, and Party Crasher. And finally, for Arena Map Rotation it will be Overflow, Thermal Station, and Party Crasher.
We hope you find this Apex Legends Mobile Aspire update article helpful. Then, please feel free to ask any questions in the comments section below, we’ll make sure to reply to everyone.
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.