The newly-released Season 3 of Apex Legends Mobile titled Champions brings new and amazing updates to the game along with a new legend Ash. The new character, which is added to the list of the existing roster is an offensive legend and known for her incisive investigative skills. Master of aggression, Ash, is a playable character that already exists in the PC version of the game. This is, in contrast to the pattern, as the developers have been following the past two seasons, as seasonal updates added mobile-exclusive legends namely Fade and Rhapsody. In this guide, we will go over the skills of Ash, perks, and finishers as well as some tips that will help players to start using this character in Apex Legends Mobile.
This seasonal update added a ton of new features, including fantastic cosmetics, as a part of the Season 3 Battle Pass, as well as new events, modes, and map rotations. The hype around Season 3 can be realised primarily, because, players are eager to play with the newly introduced legend.
We have previously discussed how to master playing with other Apex Legends characters like Lifeline, Bloodhound, Octane, Wraith, Mirage, Pathfinder, Gibraltar, Bangalore, Caustic, Fade, Loba, Rhapsody and Crypto. Therefore, players must make sure to check past character guides as well. For now, let’s focus on Ash.
About Ash in Apex Legends Mobile
Originally known by the name Dr Ashleigh Reid, the 46-year-old human died, when the lab she was working in the Outlands city of Olympus self-destructed. She lost years of memories as a result of having her brain placed inside a simulacrum shell, and the trauma of her “death” took a toll on her personality. Ash represents the aggressive, idealistic, and power-hungry side of Dr Reid. This offensive legend has outstanding mobility and attack power, making them effective hit-and-run combatants.
The system that kept the weak but brilliant Leigh’s personality asleep started to fall apart after an encounter with Horizon that overrides Ash’s simulacrum programming. The primary reason behind Ash entering the Games is to show that she is superior to all humans.
As known to many playing Apex Legends Mobile, every legend come with three unique abilities called the Passive, Tactical and Ultimate. Being the aggressive hunter Ash is, her incisive investigative skills offer her an edge over other legends. So let us learn about each of her abilities in brief.
Passive ability – Marked For Death
Ash’s passive ability ‘Marked For Death’ enables her to see the location of recent death boxes and marks the surviving attackers. On Ash’s map screen, death boxes that are less than 180 seconds old will be seen. The 8-second “Enemy Here” ping that results from this will be visible.
Tactical ability – Arc Snare
Speaking about her tactical ability – ‘Arc Snare’ launches a spinning snare that hurts and tethers the first enemy to approach, giving players the chance to either drive them away or flee. If no target is snared, the Arc Snare will create a half-dome that lasts for 5 seconds. Additionally, Arc Snare will bind and harm nearby opponents for 3 seconds and 10 damage, respectively.
Ultimate ability – Phase Breach
Ash’s ultimate ability ‘Phase Breach’ tears open a one-way portal to a targeted location, providing an opportunity to launch a surprise attack on enemies. As soon as it is activated, Ash will enter the phase tear and move a maximum of 63 metres. This will last for 15 seconds.
Perks and Finishers of Ash in Apex Legends Mobile
Perks are additional traits that enhance the Legend’s default abilities and strengths. They are classified into three categories, which include general perks, finisher perks, and ability perks. These perks can be unlocked by levelling up Legend Mastery, points for which can be obtained after playing matches with the specific legend.
- Spoils of War: Death box icons will appear on the map and as the colour of the highest tier loot inside.
- Enhanced Hunting: After 3 death box extractions, players’ Data Knife reveals more information. After 6, they can periodically see the killer’s team on their map.
- Red-Handed Reveal: The first time an enemy uses a scanned death box their location will be pinged.
- Instigator’s Precision – Players can adjust the throw trajectory of Arc Snare, but the throw speed is reduced.
- Enduring Trap – Arc Snare persists after being thrown but can be destroyed.
- Shadow Step – Phase Breach can be reactivated within 7 seconds of its use, but the ability’s distance is halved.
- Battle Adaptation– Players can use the Finisher for adding 100 points to their EVO Shield.
- Deadly Momentum– Using the Finisher reduces the Ultimate’s cooldown by 30%.
- Mag Subscription – Using Finisher refills the ammo of the active weapon and increases reloading speed for 8s.
Recommended Teammates for Ash in Apex Legends Mobile
The aggressive gameplay style of legend Ash makes her a lone hunter in the team. This makes her less of a team player aiding her to pursue her enemies with deadly fury. In this section of the guide, we will look at a few team compositions suiting the style of Ash in Apex Legends Mobile.
- Ash, Rhapsody, Caustic: If played properly, this highly balanced team may defeat any opponent team. Ash is in the offence and will lead the team, as Rhapsody can use her tactical ability to provide a shield of up to 2 bars. Meanwhile, Caustic’s Nox gas will help the team to survive dire situations.
- Ash, Crypto, Wraith: Though an offensive legend, Wraith is a versatile character who can bring her teammates to safety with her ultimate ability while Ash is dealing damage to the opponents using ‘Arc Snare’. Meanwhile, Crypto can use his surveillance drop to track any enemies nearby and locate a safe place for the team.
Apex Legends Mobile Ash Gameplay Tips
In this section of the guide, we will look at some tips and tricks to play with Ash in Apex Legends Mobile.
- Ash’s ‘Marked for Death’ ability can also be used for fallen teammates. In this case, players will be able to mark the killer’s location. However, one should be careful while using this passive ability as the enemies are notified once the deathboxes have been marked. This might alert opponents making them realize that you’re near their recent prey’s death box.
- Despite the fact that Arc Snare inflicts damage on targets trapped in its tether, its true value lies in its ability to delay an enemy’s advance so that Phase Breach can close the gap.
- Also, players must note that Ash’s tactical ability can be used to slow an enemy down even when one is not in the vicinity because it can be thrown at a wall or on ground. This easily sets off a trap for the first enemy legend that happens to pass by.
With Ash introduced in the game, the existing rooster list becomes more diverse for players to choose from and experience a different gameplay style with her. Along with Ash launches a new POI on Kings Canyon: the Colesium, where players can challenge others into a fight to win exciting rewards in the end. Players who are eager to use Ash in their next match must go through our article which will help you unlock the all-new legend.
That’s all for today’s Ash guide in Apex Legends Mobile. Do you prefer to use Ash in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!