New State: Mobile, the futuristic battle-royale game from Krafton has started bringing major updates in the game. In the previous update, they had brought brand-new features and major quality of life updates to the game. In this update, they have brought several changes which include a new season, an epic collaboration with McLaren, and a bunch of new content and improvements! Here are the Patch Notes of the New State: Mobile March 2022 update.
- New State Mobile March 2022 Update: New Weapon
- Season 2 kicks off in the New State: Mobile March 2022 Update
- New State Mobile March 2022 Update: Map and Mode updates
- New State Mobile March 2022 Update: Balance changes
- Quality of life updates in New State: Mobile March 2022 Update
- Tutorial System for Beginners in New State Mobile March 2022 Update
- New State Mobile March 2022 Update: McLaren collaboration Event, Survivor Pass Volume 5 and more
- Bug fixes and Optimizations in New State Mobile March 2022 Update
New State Mobile March 2022 Update: New Weapon
The MG3 is an LMG that uses 7.62mm ammo and has a magazine capacity of 75 rounds. This gun will spawn in Care Packages on all Maps. It also has a chance of appearing in the Police Station Weapons Box in Chester, Troi.
The MG3 has two rates of fire present for the players to choose from: 660RPM and 990RPM. The weapon’s rate of fire is set at 990RPM by default. When set to 990RPM, the MG3 has the highest DPS in the game!
Season 2 kicks off in the New State: Mobile March 2022 Update
With the arrival of New State: Mobile March 2022 Update, the Season 1 official ends and the Season 2 begins with new rank ups and rewards. When you enter the Lobby, you will receive a season summary as well as your rewards for Season 1.
Moreover, Tiers will also be reset for Season 2 depending on your final Season 1 Tier. Tier rewards will be partially revamped this season, and new rewards will be available for Survivors who reach Conqueror Tier again this season.
Lobby Theme Update
- A new Lobby theme has been added to celebrate Spring’s arrival!
New State Mobile March 2022 Update: Map and Mode updates
Erangel Map Update
- 3 areas have been added or revamped to make overall improvements to the southwest region of Erangel’s northern island!
- Avanpost, a new area, has been added to Erangel.
- The Ferry Pier has been updated.
- More containers and warehouses have been added, which will increase the amount of items that spawn in this area.
- The Dock has been updated.
- A factory has been added to the middle of the Quarry.
- The addition of this new building will increase the amount of items that spawn in this area and add new elements to the fight.
Vehicle Balance Updates
- The overall spawn rates of vehicles have been slightly increased.
- The electric car, Electron, will now spawn in Erangel.
- The Waverider, a gasoline-fuled boat, will now spawn in Erangel.
- Motorbikes with sidecars and the Aquarail will no longer spawn.
- EV Batteries are now available for purchase in the Drone Store.
Map Balance Updates
- Certain buildings with complex interior structures have been changed for easier farming and character movement.
- Window sizes have been increased to make parkouring easier.
- Buildings and internal structural layouts of construction sites have undergone small changes.
BR: Extreme (Troi)
- The initial Playzone has been set to be more dynamic.
- Supply planes will not be deployed after Phase 4.
- Players will not longer be able to redeploy teammates using the Green Flare Gun after Phase 5.
- Round DeathMatch and Team Deathmatch statistics can now be viewed in the [Statistics] screen.
- Career Results for Round Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch have also been added to the [Career Results] screen.
Round Deathmatch (Arena)
- The Care Packages in the middle of the Arena have been changed so that the items will spawn inside the package every round.
- The spawn area has been increased and spawn locations of players have been adjusted to fix the issue where players would be inhibited by their teammates’ movements.
Team Deathmatch (Station)
- New elimination events have been added! Fulfill certain requirements when eliminating your opponents to complete these events.
- Headshot: Eliminate an enemy with a shot to the head
- Strike: Eliminate an enemy with a frag grenade
- Kingslayer: Eliminate the player with the highest score on the enemy team
- Revenge: Eliminate the player who killed you during your next life/respawn
- Killing Spree: Eliminate 3 enemies without dying
New State Mobile March 2022 Update: Balance changes
- Damage increased from 39 to 41
- Slightly increased damage drop-off distance
- The L85A3 has great stability but is not a popular pick due to its low DPS. Now, this gun will be more effective in mid-ranged combat with the increased damage and range.
- Slightly increased muzzle velocity
- Even though the SKS has high stability, its low muzzle velocity resulted in the SKS having a low pick rate compared to the SLR. Now with higher muzzle velocity, it should be easier to hit moving targets with this gun.
Kar98k [C1] Customization – Enhanced Bolt
- Increased bolt-action speed by approximately 10%
- The Kar98k’s customization now offers more advantages, with the bolt-action system now offering a marked improvement in speed.
MP5K [C1] Customization – Laser Sight
- The customization’s penalty, which increased the MP5K’s horizontal recoil, has been slightly reduced.
Mini-14 [C1] Customization – Polymer Receiver
- Damage increased by 4
- Decreased recoil control
- The Mini-14’s C1 customization has been reworked and now offers completely different stats.
- You can customize the Mini-14 with the C1 customization for increased firepower. However, if you prefer increased stability, go for the C2 customization!
S686 [C1] Customization – Double Trigger
- This customization has been changed so that you can now switch between single-fire and burst-fire modes.
- Previously, burst-fire was the only firing mode available when customizing the S686 with the Double Trigger. Now, single-fire mode is also an option when the S686 is customized.
- Decreased pellet spread slightly.
- Chokes will further decrease bullet spread, buffing shotguns that can use them overall.
Vector [C2] Drum Magazine
- Using this customization on the Vector attaches an high-capacity magazine capable of holding 45 rounds.
- However, this customization will significantly the weapon’s reload speed, so it will take more time to reload.
Mini-14 [C2] Open Stock Slot
- This customization will open up the Stock Slot on the Mini-14, allowing for tactical stock attachments that strengthen stability and recoil control.
- However, this customization will slightly decrease the weapon’s ADS speed, so it will take more time to ADS.
Riding Shot Nerfs
- Due to the high accuracy of shots when firing from a vehicle, riding shots have been nerfed this patch.
- When firing a weapon from a vehicle, weapons will have:
- Increased bullet spread
- Reduced recoil control
- The updated values for these stats differ for each weapon.
- Due to the Volta’s superior driving performance compared to other vehicles, this vehicle has been nerfed.
- Acceleration: The Volta’s acceleration when using the boost has been decreased.
- Handling: The Volta’s left/right handling angles have been decreased.
- Sound: The volume of the Volta’s driving sound has been increased.
Hitbox Adjustments (Volta, UAZ)
- The exterior areas of the car frames that covered the hitbox of passengers have been modified for both vehicles.
- Hitboxes of passengers riding a Volta or UAZ have been slightly increased.
Vehicle Handling Buffs (Nova, Mesta)
- Although the Nova and Mesta can both travel at high speeds, their poor handling was deterred many players from driving them. In this patch, some improvements were made to these vehicles to improve driving performance.
- Novas and Mestas have been updated so that turning will have reduced skid and increased recovery.
- The suspensions of the Nova and Mesta have been enhanced.
- Both vehicles will have better recovery after landing and turning, allowing them to quickly drive forwards.
Vehicle Explosion Nerf
- When the vehicle you are in explodes, you will be knocked down instead of dying immediately.
- Items that are stored in the Trunk will now be highlighted and displayed when the Trunk button appears.
- A new Trunk button animation has been added.This animation will trigger when additional items are stored in the Trunk while the Trunk button is visible.
- Each area of the body will result in a different sound effect when hit with bullets.
- A unique sound effect will play when an enemy is shot in the torso so that players can easily identify where their enemies were hit.
- Sound effects will differ depending on if and what type of body armor the enemy player is wearing.
- Parkour: The volume and audible range of sound effects when parkouring have been increased.
- Combat Roll: A sound effect has been added to combat rolls.
- Green/Red Flare Guns have been improved so that redeployed teammates and Care Packages are dropped closer to the location where the gun was fired.
- Co-op Revive/Recruit speeds have been increased.
- 2 Teammates: 6 seconds → 5 seconds
- 3 Teammates: 4 seconds → 3 seconds
- Pans will spawn more frequently in Troi and Erangel.
Quality of life updates in New State: Mobile March 2022 Update
Specific Aim Assist Options Added in New State Mobile March 2022 Update
- You can now enable or disable the aim assist for specific firing modes in the game (Hip Fire, Shoulder, Scope Mode) when [Aim Assist] is enabled in [Settings > Controls].
- The Aim Assist UI with the settings for the three firing modes was visible since the last update, but the settings were not implemented. This issue has been fixed in this patch.
Touch Stabilization Added in New State Mobile March 2022 Update
- An option to enable Touch Stabilization has been added.
- Enabling this option will help compensate for hand tremors and shaking hands, but precise screen inputs and controls might be ignored.
- This option applies only to touch controls. Gyroscope controls will not be affected.
- Touch stabilization was enabled by default up until this patch. You can choose to enable or disable this option by going to [Settings > Controls > Touch Stabilization].
- Improved Usability of the Reload Button
- We’ve improved the Reload button so the screen can be controlled using the button while reloading.
- A button that displays the aircraft’s route has been added to the World Map.
- You can check the aircraft route during your match by tapping on the button.
Lobby / Outgame changes in New State Mobile March 2022 Update
Recommendation/Popularity System Added
- You can now recommend a teammate on the [Match Results] screen when a match ends.
- You can recommend each of your teammates once per match.
- Your teammates will receive a notification if you recommend them. You can view your past recommendations under [My Recommendations].
- Getting a recommendation will reward the recommended player with 10 Popularity points.
- You can get up to 100 Popularity points per day via Recommendations.
- You can check your Popularity and number of Recommendations received in your Profile.
- Devs are planning more content around this system for future updates.
Player Status Improvements
- The “Spectating” status has been added to the list of available player statuses.
- When a friend’s status changes to “Spectating”, an alert will appear on the bottom-left corner of the Lobby screen.
- The buttons in the mini-popups will be different depending on your friend’s status.
- Ex: If your friend is waiting in the Lobby → [Invite to Team] button will appear.
- Ex: If your friend is creating a team → [Join Team] button will appear.
- Ex: If your friend is in a match → [Spectate/Reserve] button(s) will appear.
Find Party Improvements
- Messages in the [Find Party] chat will now display the player’s region.
Tutorial System for Beginners in New State Mobile March 2022 Update
A Tutorial System has been added to help new players learn the ropes and start playing sooner!
- If a new player selects [Beginner] when creating an account, tutorials introducing the game controls and rules will be available.
- The tutorials will be available for players that select [Experienced] or a higher level. These players will have the option to play the tutorials or skip them.
- Select [Skip Tutorial] to skip ahead to the Controls Settings UI, or select [Start Tutorial] to go begin the tutorial.
- The tutorials will only appear for players who created a new account after the update on March 17.
- More tips about new features and specifications have been added to loading screens.
- Game tips will also be displayed when you are in the Starting Island. This can be disabled by going to [Settings > Gameplay].
New State Mobile March 2022 Update: McLaren collaboration Event, Survivor Pass Volume 5 and more
A new Survivor Pass is now available in this new update.
- Survivor Pass Vol. 5 introduces Cynthia Song of Project Justice. Complete all the Story Missions to unlock her costumes and character appearance!
- You can get the [Shadow Assassin] costume set by upgrading to the Premium Pass. Even better rewards are available through the Premium+ Pass!
- With the level rewards in this Premium Pass, you can earn back enough NC to purchase the next Premium Pass!
Story Mission Reward in New State Mobile March 2022 Update
- You can now preview the character appearances that Story Missions unlock in the [Story Mission] screen.
- You can also zoom in and out to see these character appearances in detail
- You can press and hold the [Total Progress Rewards] button for Story Missions in order to see more information.
To celebrate the March update, a Login Event for New/Returning players will be available that will reward a full Costume set if they log in for 10 consecutive days. We’re also celebrating the start of the spring season with a Cherry Blossom Exchange Event and an event to kick off NEW STATE MOBILE’s epic collaboration with McLaren! Check out the event details below!
- New Season Login Event
- Event Period: 03/17/2022 – TBA
- Cherry Blossom Exchange Event
- Event Period: 03/17/2022 12:00AM – 04/20/2022 11:59PM (UTC)
- McLaren Collaboration Event
- Event Period: 03/17/2022 01:00AM – 04/13/2022 12:59AM (UTC)
Bug fixes and Optimizations in New State Mobile March 2022 Update
Map changes in New State Mobile March 2022 Update
- Fixed an issue on the Starting Island where some doors would not open even though you could enter the building
- Fixed an issue where you could see through the rocks on the cliff located on the right side of the Factory
- Fixed an issue in the Graveyard where certain objects appeared as if they were stuck in the ground
- Fixed an issue in the City Hall where items around certain structures could not be picked up
- Fixed an issue where fences would sometimes be displayed abnormally
- Fixed an issue where you could walk through certain buildings
- Fixed an issue where your screen would darken when ADSing with a scope that has 3x magnification or greater
- Fixed an issue where trees would sometimes display abnormally
- Troi (BR: Extreme)
- Fixed an issue where the smoke from Care Packages would reappear when you are redeployed
- Fixed an issue where you could not spectate, chat, or use controls after you died
- Fixed an issue where starting the next round while using an emote would cause the free-look system to function abnormally
- Fixed an issue where attachments would stay equipped when entering an RDM round even after you unequipped them in the Lobby preset.
- Fixed an issue where the invincibility effect sometimes would not appear after respawning
- Blue Zones
- Fixed an issue where players sometimes would not be damaged if they were in the middle of the Blue Zone after all Blue Zone phases ended
- Now, there will be no safe area once all the Blue Zone phases are over, and damage will be applied in all areas.
- Fixed an issue where players sometimes would not be damaged if they were in the middle of the Blue Zone after all Blue Zone phases ended
- Fixed an issue where you could fire weapons from the passenger seat without leaning out of a vehicle when [Auto Shoulder Weapon] was disabled
- Fixed an issue where your selected magnification would reset when you got on and off a vehicle
- Fixed an issue where the ADS and Shoulder buttons would activate while reloading if you had enabled [Combine Buttons] in the [Scope & Shoulder Mode] options
- Fixed an issue where the [Free Perspective] UI would be usable if you engage and then disengage from ADS while already in [Free Perspective]
- Action & Gunplay
- Fixed an issue with Deployable Shields where it would show the install animation but may not be installed in certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the falling animation would not be displayed when rolling in certain locations
- Fixed an issue where the vaulting animation would play in mid-air if the object you were vaulting over was destroyed mid-motion
- Fixed an issue where you would not take damage while falling from a high place if you automatically opened a door while falling
- Fixed an intermittent issue where main weapons or throwables could not be held
- Fixed an intermittent issue where throwables would not explode after being thrown
- Fixed an issue with Green and Red Flare Guns where Care Package drops and Redeployments would not be made if the gun was fired immediately after ADSing even though you could visually see the flare being launched
- Fixed an issue where tapping the L85A3 Weapon Customization UI would sometimes cause the game to crash
- Fixed an issue where the cooldown timer for the Green Flare Gun was not displayed properly
- Fixed an intermittent issue in Squad mode where squadmates could be revived even though the squad had 4 active members
- Fixed an issue where Care Packages would be dropped in an area even though the airplane had not yet passed that route
- Fixed an issue where characters’ torsos would not be displayed
- Fixed an issue where the weapon of the player that you are spectating would display abnormally if they moved while equipping and changing their weapon parts
- Fixed an issue where system messages would not be displayed if you move while prone and using a healing item
- Fixed an issue where the [Surrender] UI would display continuously in Deathmatch rounds
- Improved the issue where Map Settings would change when searching for a party after selecting a certain mode
- Fixed an issue where stats applied by the Dyneema Vest differed from what was shown in the tooltip
- Fixed an issue in the [Select Map] screen where the map thumbnail for [Troi > BR: Extreme Mode (64)] was the same as [Troi > BR: Original]
- Fixed an issue where opening the World Map while the Tip UI was displayed would cause the tip to be covered
- Fixed an issue where the drone UI would not disappear from the World Map and minimap if you were recruited while a drone delivery was in progress
- Fixed an issue where the 5th crosshair style option could not be applied to the Viper A-spec Sight
- Fixed an issue where adjusting the [Vertical Sensitivity Multiplier] while riding a vehicle would cause both the [Vertical and Horizontal Sensitivity Multipliers] to be applied excessively
- Fixed an issue in the [Customize Controls] screen where some buttons in the Trunk List could not be interacted with
Outgame changes in New State Mobile March 2022 Update
- Fixed an issue in the Store where the pop-up text for Legendary Item selection did not appear properly
- Fixed an intermittent issue with the Store where Crates and items would not appear
- Fixed an issue where emotes would continue to play even after selecting a different item in the [Collection] screen
- Fixed an issue where tapping the [Go to Store] button on the [Collections] screen would cause the Store UI to display abnormally
- Fixed an issue where emotes in the [Collection] screen would not play in certain situations
- Fixed an issue in the [Upgrade] screen where skipping the upgrade animation would cause the sound to still play
- Fixed an issue where the weapon skin displayed in the Lobby would not update when the skin was upgraded in the [Upgrade] screen
- Fixed an issue where the [Statuesque] achievement was awarded even though the conditions for the achievement were not met
- Fixed an issue where the [Absolute Winner] achievement was not awarded even when players won matches with 20 or more kills.
- Fixed an intermittent issue in the [Match Results] screen where the [Tier Increase] screen would appear even if players did not reach a new Tier
- Fixed an issue in the [Ranks] screen where the order would be displayed abnormally in certain situations
- Fixed an issue in the [Statistics] screen where the trend graphs sometimes would not appear
- Fixed an issue where nicknames of deleted accounts could not be used when creating new accounts
- Fixed an issue where the [Join Clan] pop-up would appear for players who have already joined a clan
- Fixed an issue in the [Create Clan] window where an error message did not appear if you tapped [Create] without entering a clan name
- Fixed an issue where the [Chicken Medal Bonus Card] was not applied in Troi when playing BR: Extreme (64).
Costumes and Skins
- Fixed an issue with the [Santa’s Ride – Vulture] vehicle skin where the vehicle would appear to have a glow from certain distances
- Fixed an issue with the [Skullface Stunt Gloves] where the gloves would not be visible from certain distances when equipped on male characters
- Fixed an issue with the [Grim Goalie Costume] where male characters wearing the costume would appear as female characters from certain distances
- Fixed an issue with the [Volta – Demon Chaser] vehicle skin where sitting on the hood of a Volta with the vehicle skin equipped would cause the camera to zoom in
- Fixed an issue where the stock would not be visible if you attached one to an Mk47 Mutant with the [Sci-Fi Rocket – Mk47 Mutant] weapon skin equipped
- Fixed an issue where the appearance of the [Nightcrawler Jacket] was different compared what was shown in the costume’s icon
- Fixed an issue with the [Pure Angeloid Hair] costume where the top of your head would be shown when dropping from the plane
- Fixed an issue with the [Angelic Nightcrawler Jacket] where dropping from the plane vertically without a hat equipped would cause part of the hood to disappear
- Fixed an issue with the [Pure White Angeloid] costume where you could see through the abdominal section of the Pure White Angeloid Outfit during certain actions.
- Fixed an issue with the [Arctic Fairy Costume] where parts of the skirt would go through the character model
- Fixed an issue with the [Angelic Judgement] weapon skin where the muzzle effect appeared in the wrong spot
- Fixed an issue with the [Royal Guard] costume where the costume would display abnormally
- Fixed an issue where changing the camera angle while riding a vehicle that has the [Crystal Kingdom – EV-AX] vehicle skin equipped would cause the vehicle’s color to change in certain graphic settings
- Fixed an issue where a parachute bag would be displayed when you view a profile or form a party
- Changed the [Skullfrost Head] from a head costume to a mask
- Added the missing Lv. 7 effect for the [Angelic Judgment – M249] weapon skin
- Added the missing Lv. 7 effect for the [Archbuster – AWM] weapon skin
- Fixed an issue with voice chat on iOS devices where your device’s input mode would be set to voice activity even if you selected [Push to Talk] when setting microphone access permissions for the first time
- Fixed an issue where you could voice chat with the enemy team while spectating them
- Fixed an issue where players could hear the explosions of the Red Zone even when out of audible range
- Fixed an issue where players could not hear enemies landing if they landed behind them
- Fixed an issue where “TPP/FPP” was not localized in [Map Settings].
- Fixed an issue where long item names would not fit in the UI
- Fixed the issue where the names of some Skorpion weapon skins would be shown in Simplified Chinese
- Fixed an issue where the button text appeared very small in the [Customize Controls] screen
- Fixed an issue where the localized descriptions of Weapon Customizations would not fit in the UI
- Fixed an issue where you could prepare for a match without downloading the required maps
Moving on with this patch, PUBG: New State is off to a great start. Fans can expect to see more such announcements in the coming months.