After the Payload 2.0 mode, PUBG Mobile recently announced the inclusion of a new game mode called the ‘Runic Power‘. This mode is very similar to the Payload type modes. In this article, we will discuss the new Runic Power game mode.
What is the Runic Power mode in PUBG Mobile?
In this mode, players will have to collect ‘Rune crystals‘ to possess special powers during the match. Players will get three special power options to select from, those options are Flame rune, Arctic rune and Wind rune.
Players can only choose one of these runes in every match. After combining the crystals, players can achieve the special powers of this runes to get the upper hand in the match. There are two types of abilities for each rune, summoning, and boost skill. It takes rune energy to use the abilities so players will have to search for rune crystals and fragments throughout the match in the whole map to recharge their rune energy bar and use their special abilities. Dead players will be able to get revived in the research stations. This game mode will be available from the 12th of January to the 7th of March.
PUBG Mobile Runic Power mode: Abilities of the runes
There will be a total of three runes in the mode. Those runes’ abilities are discussed below:
Flame rune/Magma wheel
- Summon skill– Summons a wheel made of metal and fire that rolls forward slowly. It deals minimal burn damage like Molotov cocktail to enemies and the player it touches. Players can also use this as a cover. It stays for 30 seconds.
- Boost skill– Adds fire and burning effect to player’s bullet and increases damage. It deals extra damage to the wind shelter.
- Summon skill- Summons an ice wall. Each block of the ice wall can be destroyed separately with bullets. When the ice wall appears, it can lift up players or vehicles above them. This wall is great for covers. The wall’s duration is 30 seconds.
- Boost skill- Adds a freezing effect to Ammo for a short time. Freezing reduces the effectiveness of healing. It also deals extra damage to the fire wheel.
- Summon skill- Summons a transparent shield or shelter of wind that blocks bullets and reduces the damage of the bullets from outside of the shield. Players can shoot normally from inside of the shield. The shield’s duration is 1 minute.
- Boost skill- Increases players’ movement and reload speed. It also increases damage to the ice walls.
Are you excited about the PUBG Mobile Runic Power mode? Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments section below, We’ll make sure to reply to everyone.