Lairon is a dual-type Tier 3 Raid Boss Pokémon and has a hard armor shell along with its body being dark gray and its eyes sky blue. Its back armor is covered with lots of iron and the sides of its lower jaw are very sharp and have teeth that are visible from inside the mouth. It also has two metal bands on both of its legs respectively with the highest one being the same color as its body and the lower one being iron colored. In this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Lairon in battle raids without any problems.
Lairon in Pokémon Go
Lairon is a dual-type Steel and Rock Pokémon with a max CP of 2324. It is vulnerable to Fighting, Ground, and Water-type Pokémon with having an extra 2x weakness towards both Fighting and Ground type counters. For this reason, players should try to keep their best Fighting and Ground Pokémon in their team when they fight against Lairon.
The best moves of Lairon from its moveset are Metal Claw and Heavy Slam. Both of them have a combined DPS of 53.7 and are the best combination that can be used by the players in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Some other decent attacks from its moveset include Iron Tail, Rock Slide, and Rock Tomb amongst others.
Best counters against Lairon in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Lairon and guarantee themselves a win.
- Lopunny(Mega): Double Kick/Focus Blast
- Alakazam (Mega): Counter/Focus Blast
- Terrakion: Double Kick/Sacred Sword
- Lucario: Counter/Aura Sphere
- Conkeldurr: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Excadrill: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Machamp: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Garchomp: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Landorus (Therian): Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Groudon: Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Gengar (Mega): Hex/Focus Blast
- Cobalion: Double Kick/Sacred Sword
- Meloetta (Pirouette): Low Kick/Close Combat
- Breloom: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Zapdos (Galarian): Counter/Close Combat
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Landorus (Incarnate): Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Landorus: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Rhyperior: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Gyarados (Mega): Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Virizion: Double Kick/Focus Blast
- Buzzwole: Counter/Superpower
- Hariyama: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Sirfetch’d: Counter/Close Combat
- Blaziken: Counter/Focus Blast
- Haxorus: Counter/Earthquake
- Toxicroak: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Steelix (Mega): Thunder Fang/Earthquake
- Kangaskhan (Mega): Low Kick/Earthquake
- Krookodile: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Rhydon: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Heracross: Counter/Close Combat
- Emboar: Low Kick/Focus Blast
- Golurk: Mud-Slap/Earth Power
High-level players can easily go against Lairon alone but normal players, in general, should try to go in teams of 2 or 3 players if they want an easy victory. Some good Pokémon players can include in their lineup are Lucario, Excadrill, and Machamp which are just to name a few among the many better options which are stated above.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Lairon counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!