Shinx is a Tier 1 Raid Boss Pokémon which has black fur on its torso but looks blue. It has a black tail with a four-pointed gold star on its end. The forelegs have gold rings around them which possess electricity similar to that of Pikachu‘s cheeks. Its ears are large and have oval and gold-like symbols on them. Shinx has golden eyes and a pink nose along with tufts of hair that look like a developing mane with small fangs in its mouth which seem to be underdeveloped. In this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Shinx in raids quickly and easily.
Shinx in Pokémon Go
Shinx is a pure Electric-type Pokémon which means its only weakness is Ground-type attacks. It has a max CP of just 990 and if the players use their strongest Ground Pokémon against it in battle it’ll be a piece of cake for them to defeat it in battle raids.
The best moves from Shinx’s moveset include Spark and Thunderbolt and both of them have a combined DPS of 48.7. It is the best combination that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles and other attacks from its moveset including Tackle, Discharge, and Swift.
Best counters against Shinx in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Shinx and guarantee themselves a win.
- Gengar (Mega): Hex/Shadow Ball
- Beedrill (Mega): Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Latios (Mega): Zen Headbutt/Psychic
- Garchomp: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Landorus: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Landorus (Incarnate): Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Charizard (Mega Y): Fire Spin/Flamethrower
- Latias (Mega): Dragon Breath/Psychic
- Excadrill: Mud-Slap/Drill Run
- Charizard (Mega X): Ember/Blast Burn
- Aerodactyl (Mega): Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Houndoom (Mega): Fire Fang/Foul Play
- Mamoswine: Mud-Slap/Bulldoze
- Absol (Mega): Psycho Cut/Dark Pulse
- Golurk: Mud-Slap/Earth Power
- Gyarados (Mega): Bite/Outrage
- Landorus (Therian): Mud Shot/Bulldoze
- Venusaur (Mega): Razor Leaf/Frenzy Plant
- Rayquaza: Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Deoxys (Attack): Zen Headbutt/Dark Pulse
- Mewtwo: Confusion/Psystrike
- Pheromosa: Bug Bite/Close Combat
- Chandelure: Hex/Overheat
- Sharpedo: Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Kangaskhan (Mega): Mud-Slap/Stomp
- Hoopa (Unbound): Confusion/Psychic
- Abomasnow (Mega): Razor Leaf/Energy Ball
- Xerneas: Tackle/Giga Impact
- Azelf: Extrasensory/Future Sight
Even if the players don’t have any of the counters mentioned above, they can still use any Generalist Pokémon capable of dealing neutral damage to Shinx or other Pokémon which are capable of dealing super effective damage such as Flareon or another hard-hitting Mega Pokémon.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Shinx counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!