Sunkern is a Tier 1 raid boss and has a small, seed-like body that looks similar to a sunflower seed. They have black eyes which are oval and also have a sprout coming out of their bodies which is normally yellow and black. As it is a Tier 1 boss, it can be defeated easily by almost any player. In this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters with which one can defeat Sunkern easily and quickly.
Sunkern in Pokémon Go
Sunkern is a Grass-type Pokémon with a maximum CP of only 447. It is vulnerable to various types of attacks such as Fire, Flying, Bug, Ice, and Poison. Its low CP and the huge range of counters available against it make it very easy for a player irrespective of their experience in the game, to defeat it.
The best moves from the moveset of Sunkern are Razor Leaf and Grass Knot. Both of them have a combined DPS of 57.1 and are also a combination of moves that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Some other decent attacks from its moveset are Seed Bomb, Energy Ball, and Cut.
Best counters against Sunkern in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Sunkern and guarantee a win.
- Nihilego: Acid/Sludge Bomb
- Pheromosa: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Yanmega: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Glaceon: Ice Shard/Ice Beam
- Darmanitan (Galarian Standard): Ice Fang/Avalanche
- Moltres: Wing Attack/Sky Attack
- Porygon-Z: Lock-On/Blizzard
- Deoxys (Attack): Poison Jab/Dark Pulse
- Honchkrow: Peck/Sky Attack
- Weavile: Ice Shard/Avalanche
- Gengar: Shadow Claw/Sludge Bomb
- Rayquaza: Air Slash/Aerial Ace
- Roserade: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Toxicroak: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Darmanitan: Fire Fang/Psychic
- Darmanitan (Standard): Fire Fang/Psychic
- Overqwil: Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Accelgor: Acid/Bug Buzz
- Arcanine: Fire Fang/Flamethrower
- Arcanine (Hisuian): Fire Fang/Flamethrower
- Houndoom: Fire Fang/Flamethrower
- Entei: Fire Fang/Flamethrower
- Charizard: Fire Spin/Flamethrower
- Flareon: Fire Spin/Flamethrower
- Infernape: Fire Spin/Flamethrower
- Heatran: Fire Spin/Flamethrower
- Delphox: Fire Spin/Flamethrower
- Jynx: Frost Breath/Avalanche
- Chandelure: Fire Spin/Flamethrower Charge
- Genesect (Normal): Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Genesect (Burn): Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Genesect (Douse): Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Yveltal: Gust/Dark Pulse
- Sirfetch’d: Fury Cutter/Brave Bird
- Mewtwo: Confusion/Psystrike
Sunkern is a very easy Pokémon to defeat and so even if players don’t have the counters mentioned above, they can still use their strongest hard-hitting Megas or evolutions which are capable of dealing super effective damage like Flareon. Pokémon capable of dealing neutral damage such as Mewtwo is also good option against Sunkern.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Sunkern counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!