Developers have finally released the 1.4 beta version update of the PUBG Mobile Global. This version is used to test the new features before adding them to the global client and is an open-for-all testing phase. Here, players will get to test the new features that will be brought into the game in their next update. The Godzilla vs Kong mode is already live in the game now with more to come according to the patch notes. So let us take a look at how you can download PUBG Mobile 1.4 beta and enjoy the newest features of this popular battle royale.
How to download PUBG Mobile 1.4 beta update on Android (APK)
Players can download the PUBG Mobile 1.4 beta version on their Android devices via the APK file present on the official beta website. Please follow the steps mentioned below
How to download the beta version?
- Players need to find the APK file of the beta version which they can find on the PUBG Mobile official site. To download the APK, click here. This is the global test application provided by Tencent. The size of the Beta APK is around 606 MB. Additional downloads may take place after the installation of the game.
- Make sure that you have enabled the ‘Install from other sources’ toggle from your phone settings. Ignore this step if done already. Install the file then.
- Once you have installed the game, you will get an option to select the available resource packs – HD Resource pack or Low spec resource pack. Choose according to your phone’s storage limitations.
- Sign in as a Guest. A dialogue box then appears asking you to enter the ‘Invitation Code’. Upon entering the invitation code, one can then enjoy playing the Beta version 1.4.
What is the invitation code in the PUBG Mobile beta?
The invitation code or binding code was introduced by the game developers in PUBG Mobile Beta version 1.2. Players will require an activation code in order to play the beta version. This feature was removed in the future update of the game but it has now been reintroduced in the 1.4 version. The invitation code will bind the user‘s main global account with the beta version 1.4. This step is taken by PUBG mobile to avoid players from hacking or exploiting the game.
Where to find the invitation code?
- Open the Event section in the global version of the game and tap on “Test Server” option.
- Tap on the “Generate Binding Code” option and copy it to your clipboard.
- Paste this code after you see the dialogue box asking for this code. (Note – Do not forget to sign in as a guest when you start the PUBG Mobile Beta app.)
The Beta version is sadly unavailable for the Indian users for the reason being the app is still banned by the Government of India. Let us know in the comments section if you face any trouble installing the beta.