Caustic is a Legend that is not available in the standard game. By achieving Level 25 in the Battle Pass, he can be unlocked for free. He is a lethal defensive Legend who possesses poisonous gas-based skills. Caustic prioritizes area control and playing on his own terms. In this guide, we’ll go over Caustic in Apex Legends Mobile, including his skills, perks, recommended teammates, finishers, and the tips and tactics for mastering it.
We have previously discussed how to master playing with other Apex Legends characters like Lifeline, Bloodhound, Octane, Wraith, Mirage, Pathfinder, Gibraltar and Bangalore. Therefore, players must make sure to check the past character guides as well. For now, let’s focus on Caustic.
About Caustic in Apex Legends Mobile
Alexander Nox used to be one of the brightest scientists in the employ of Humbert Labs, the Frontier’s leading manufacturer of pesticide gases. Nox worked day and night developing new formulas for the glut of pesticides, which was needed to protect the crops that sustained the Outlands. But, he soon realised that progress was being hampered by his testing methods. He needed to test on more than just inert tissue, which refers to living subjects.
As he toiled in secret, Nox began to see the beauty in his creations and their ability to destroy anything they touched. But, the head of Humbert Labs soon discovered his gruesome experiments, and their confrontation ended with the lab in flames. Now, competing under the name Caustic, he puts his gaseous creations to work in the Apex Games and observes their effects with great interest.
Passive Ability – Nox Vision
Caustic gains threat vision on enemies moving through his gas. He is immune to the effects of Nox Gas, whether it belongs to him or an enemy Caustic. Enemies inside the gas created from the Nox Gas Traps and Nox Gas Grenades abilities are highlighted green, similar to Digital Threat Optics. This vision is obstructed by walls or other obstacles.
Tactical Ability – Nox Gas Trap
Caustic places up to 6 canisters that release deadly Nox gas when shot or triggered by enemies. Each player can hold up to three charges of this ability, and gain one charge every 25 seconds. Up to six traps can be active on the map at once, and people are able to pick up unactivated traps to regain a charge.
When an enemy gets close to a trap, it releases a cloud of gas that deals damage per second to enemies caught within, ignoring shields.
- The barrel lasts 11 seconds. After the barrel expires, the gas lingers for 2 additional seconds.
- Each damage tick deals 5 damage to start, then ramps up by 1 every other tick. (E.g: 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, etc.)
- Each additional source of gas damage will only increase the DPS by 1.
- On downed enemies, this damage rate stays at a flat 5/sec.
- Bullets striking the top of a trap will also cause it to go off. However, shooting the base will destroy it without releasing gas.
- Enemies will be slowed inside the gas and are unable to sprint. Squadmates aren’t affected by this.
- The traps have 150 HP.
- If the trap has been activated, the gas will linger for 2 seconds after the destruction of the barrel.
- The traps can float away when thrown in moving water.
Ultimate Ability – Nox Gas Grenade
Caustic blankets a large area in Nox gas. It lasts for 15 seconds. Other than the wider area of effect, the gas’s function is identical to that of Nox Gas Traps.
Caustic takes 15% less damage from every attack. Fortified Legends are immune to slow effects from weapon fire.
Perks and Finishers of Caustic in Apex Legends Mobile
Every legend in Apex Legends Mobile comes with perks and finishers. These perks and finishers can be unlocked simply, by playing the legend. These provide an additional advantage to the legends while performing their tactical ability and finishers. Talking about Caustic, it has 5 different perks, which we shall break down in detail.
- Push Pylon: After using a jump tower, one’s flying speed increases by 30%.
- Pursue Enemy: When shattering a target’s body shield, players will be able to see enemies through walls for 2 seconds.
- Emergency battery: When the body shield is 0, using a shield cell will give players an additional 25 shield points.
- Slow acting batterysher: When out of combat, players recover 1 shield point every second.
- Spoiler: After respawning, the tactical ability’s cooldown is completely reset.
Finishers are the final blow given to an enemy. Finishers perform a special animation when finishing a downed player. These finisher perks provide certain perks. Here are the finishers for Caustic:
- Execution: Loser’s Nourishment: Taking down an enemy with a finisher, restores all shields and restores additional 30 health.
- Execution: final thrill: After taking down an enemy with a finisher, all shields are restored and the ultimate cooldown is reduced by 30%.
- Execution: tactical thunder: After successfully performing a finisher, it refills all the shields and immediately resets the tactical ability cooldown.
Recommended Teammates for Caustic in Apex Legends Mobile
Players will require a great squad of characters with equal strategic talents and abilities, in order to become the perfect player for the character. In this Apex Legends Mobile guide, we can offer two teams for players to choose from, both of which feature Caustic. However, players must keep in mind that it all depends on each player’s playstyle, thus they may mix around the legends accordingly. Here are some of Caustic’s best teammates.
- Bangalore – Caustic – Gibraltar: For protection, a full tactical team that features Bangalore’s smokes, Caustic’s toxic gas, and Gibraltar’s dome. This squad focuses on area control and causing foes to move as they like, by utilizing their talents. Their ultimates complement each other very well. This team composition manipulates foes’ thoughts and brings them to their knees.
- Caustic – Gibraltar – Lifeline: With this squad combination, any enemy will find it tough to force an unwelcome confrontation on the team. When necessary, Gibraltar’s shield can protect the entire team, and Caustic’s gas canisters can deter opponents from approaching it.
Apex Legends Mobile Caustic Gameplay Tips
In this section of the guide, we will look at some tips and tricks to play Caustic in Apex Legends Mobile. Gibraltar requires accurate use of abilities, which would be helpful for the team.
- Shooting the trap’s base before it activates, will destroy it, but not release the gas. Players must throw a trap in a smokescreen made by Bangalore’s Smoke Launcher, which is an excellent idea, especially if foes are hiding in it. This will also highlight enemies in green as a result of Nox Vision, giving an unobstructed view of the enemies.
- Players must throw many traps around the player if outnumbered or in a difficult scenario. The enemy’s bullets will strike the traps, setting them off and allowing players to flee or recover in order to stay in the fight.
- Players must throw a trap at the end of Wraith’s Dimensional Rift portals to catch foes off-guard when trying to get the squad from behind and betray their position owing to the passive.
- Players must throw a trap in front of a door, preventing it from opening to that side. One can use this to block doors and protect oneself, or to trap enemies inside an enclosed room. If they break down the door, the trap will activate and you’ll be informed of their location.
- Players can use the traps as smoke bombs, to throw some cover for sniper fire or general confusion.
- One can also use the traps offensively when an enemy squad is inside a building, and they are extremely weak. They can be thrown inside through doorways and be very deadly if they are in a small space.
- A squad that manages to get their Caustic to end game, such as Round 6, as it is almost done shrinking, will have the advantage over other squads that don’t have a Caustic. Caustic’s abilities increase in utility, as the play area shrinks. Furthermore, Caustic can prevent scenarios of Heal Off Victories from happening, as it’s harder to heal in the gas and ring damage.
- The squadmates do not share the vision of Caustic. Therefore, players must so be sure to communicate to them the locations of enemies that a Caustic can see.
- The threat vision doesn’t work against other Caustics, forcing you to prioritize them, as they are immune to all Nox Gas effects and they can see your allies even if they are in your gas.
- Players should not use Nox Gas Grenades and expect them to kill an entire squad. It is similar to Bangalore’s Rolling Thunder, as its main utility comes in the fact that enemies are forced to either evacuate the area or suffer the consequences of damage. The inability to sprint and being highlighted by Nox Vision.
- Since gas deals damage and slows enemies, use Nox Vision to hunt down and kill them while they are weakened. If you have Grenades, throw them into your gas when an enemy is caught– this combo has the capability of wiping out full squads if enough players are caught in your gas.
- Using this ability in large, open areas is often a waste. Players can try to save it for, when enemies are occupying a building, a small area, or are hiding behind a cover too dangerous to bypass.
- One can also use this ability to block choke points or cover/punish revives. They must try saving this for the last few rounds, as his abilities increase in utility as the safe area shrinks. Furthermore, one can prevent scenarios of Heal Off Victories from happening as it’s harder to heal in the gas and ring damage.
Caustic is an excellent defensive agent. Players must utilize their talents to manipulate opponents’ minds and make them move the way they want them to, in order to, get the desired results. Players will get all the outcomes that they have been looking for if they use their tactical ability to the full potential.
That’s all for today’s Caustic guide in Apex Legends Mobile. Do you prefer to use Caustic in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!