Genshin Impact released the new region of Sumeru during the 3.0 Version Update and has since added a great deal of content, adding new characters like Nahida and Layla in the new Version 3.2 patch update and re-running banners such as Yae Miko and Tartaglia. During Version 3.0 Update, they released new kinds of Over-world bosses to fight, one of which was called the Electro Regisvine. This is the third Regisvine that has been introduced in the game since the first 1.0 version patch with the Pyro and Cryo Regisvine. Currently, Cyno and Dori are the only playable characters that require the materials of this Boss. In this guide, we will be discussing and giving tips on how to defeat the Electro Regisvine in Genshin Impact, along with recommending what characters one should use in the boss fight.
How to find and unlock the Electro Regisvine Boss in Genshin Impact
The Electro Regisvine is located in the Sumeru region of the map which players need to unlock in order to have access to it. Unlocking the Sumeru region will easily let the Adventurer’s Handbook locate the Electro Regisvine for the player. The Electro Regisvine stays around the Mawtiyima Forest, specifically in the Lokapala Jungle of Sumeru.
Players can teleport to the nearby Teleport Waypoint to directly spawn near the Electro Regisvine quickly. In order to unlock the Teleport Waypoint and also locate the Electro Regisvine, players need to first head towards the Mawtiyima Forest either by walking or teleporting to the Statue of the Seven. Once the Statue of the Seven is located, players must follow the path on the map, until they notice some Electro slimes and an Electro Abyss Mage, blocking the entrance of a cave. Players run straight towards the cave and keep following the path till they find the Electro Regisvine and the Teleport Waypoint near it.
Genshin Impact Electro Regisvine Boss: Quick Overview
Description: A giant plant that violently releases electric charges stored within the Ley Lines. A huge vine that has morphed into a monster through the conduction of high-voltage currents through the Ley Lines. Electro awakens plants and boosts soil fertility. If the Regisvine was indeed created to harmonize the turbulent energies of the Ley Lines, then it might be the earth’s wish to see the presence of lush forests in Sumeru. Electricity surges constantly from its canopy like the unending rage of the earth itself.
Kshahrewar researchers once submitted that a complex circuit matrix might be set up around this creature to carry electrical energy to the city for use there. This plan was stridently opposed by scholars from Spantamad, who sacrificed 10 Shroomboars to drive home the point about the dangers of utilizing electricity.
Materials and Items dropped by the Electro Regisvine Boss
- Character Ascension Material: Thunderclap Fruitcore
- Artifact Sets: Berserker, Instructor, Adventurer, Gladiator’s Finale, and Wanderer’s Troupe
- Ascension Gems: Vajrada Amethyst Sliver, Vajrada Amethyst Fragment, Vajrada Amethyst Chunk, Vajrada Amethyst Gemstone
How to defeat the Electro Regisvine Boss in Genshin Impact
A predatory plant in the same vein as the Cryo and Pyro Regisvines. This creature can create an organ that resembles Electro Cores at its roots or corolla. When this type of organ starts to shift, its state will change, condensing into both a Waxing Stamen and a Waning Stamen. When the two types of stamens are present at the same time, they will attract one another and then unleash a powerful electrical explosion when they make contact. Destroying these stamens quickly is key to an easier battle experience.
Shielded and Unshielded State
Just like every other Regisvines, we’ve seen such as Pyro and Cryo Regisvine, when you start the fight initially the Electro Regisvine will stay in a Shielded state as all Elemental (310% Elemental Resistance) and Physical (330% Physical Resistance) Resistances is increased significantly, making the players unable to directly deal extensive damage onto the boss. In order to end the Shield state and Stun the Electro Regisvine, players should aim to destroy its Core.
The core spawns in two places, initially, it will spawn on the corolla of the Electro Regisvine and afterward will form in the roots of the Regisvine. Using Elemental reactions will deal damage and quickly destroy the core such as Cryo, Pyro, and Dendro reactions. Once the core is destroyed, the Regisvine will be unshielded (All Elemental and Physical resistances decreased significantly) and will stop fighting, giving the players the advantage to inflict large amounts of damage to the boss.
As stated before, upon entering battle the Electro Regisvine will form a shield (core) at its corolla. The shield will periodically shift positions between the Regisvine’s corolla and roots. If the shield is destroyed, the regisvine will be stunned for a long period of time with lowered Resistances.
Every time the shield shifts positions between the corolla and the roots, a Waning Stamen or Waxing Stamen will be produced. If both types of Stamens are present on the battlefield and are not destroyed on time, they will attract each other and cause a massive explosion, dealing 300% ATK as AoE Electro DMG across the entire arena. These two stamens should be destroyed using Elemental Reactions, preferably with Cryo, Pyro, or Dendro, since the shield and the Stamens are both weakest to them. Players should quickly kill one of the Stamens as soon as it spawns to prevent the explosion from occurring.
Attack Patterns and Abilities
The Electro Regisvine has a total of 6 Attack Patterns. Players are advised to learn about them in order to have a better read on the boss and avoid the attacks. They stay at a mid-range distance from the Regisvine, in order to avoid most of its attacks and only get close and strike when its corolla and roots expose its core. Depending on where the core is located, the Electro Regisvine has two states of attack for some of its abilities, corolla state, and root state. It is to be noted that there isn’t any significant difference in terms of damage and attack pattern in these two states, only the appearance of the abilities is different.
Faceplant: The Electro Regisvine would slam its head into the ground, dealing 100% ATK as AoE Electro DMG and causing three trails of shockwaves to spike from the ground, with each spike dealing 50% ATK as AoE Electro DMG. Players can avoid the attack by simply dodging sideways from the Faceplant attack or using I-frames to time and avoid getting hit.
- Half Frail: The Electro Regisvine would smash its head on the floor and swing 180 degrees around its roots, dealing 75% ATK as AoE Electro DMG and can knock players away if they are too close. This attack can be chained up to two times and can be followed up by a Faceplant if the Regisvine’s shield is located at its corolla. Just stay in mid-range to avoid the swinging and pay attention to the Electro Regisvine when it seems like it will smash its head on the ground.
- Frail: The Electro Regisvine will smash its head on the floor and swing, this time in a complete 360 degrees around its roots and dealing 75% ATK as AoE Electro DMG, knocking players away. This attack is only used immediately after the Electro Regisvine recovers from a stunned (unshielded) state. Pay attention when the Electro Regisvine gets up from its stunned state and quickly forms a mid-range distance between them in order to avoid this attack.
- Laser Sweep: Sweeps the nearby ground twice with a laser beam fired from its corolla, dealing 75% ATK as Electro DMG with each sweep, then shoots a massive laser beam forwards, rapidly dealing 25% ATK as Electro DMG to players caught in it. This attack is only used while the Regisvine’s shield is located at its corolla. Stay in mid-range and use I-frames to dodge the laser beam aimed at you.
- Rapid Fire: Raises its buds and rapidly shoots bolts at the player, each dealing 40% ATK as Electro DMG on hit. This attack is only used while the Regisvine’s shield is located at its roots. The bolts strike at the player’s exact location, simply time the bolts and quickly dodge them.
- Thunderbolt Rain: Rapidly summons thunderbolts that mark an area before striking down, each dealing 40% ATK as AoE Electro DMG. This attack is only used while the Regisvine’s shield is located at its roots. Like the ‘Rapid Fire’ attack, this may locate the player and strike a thunderbolt in your direction. Time the thunderbolts and use I-frames to dodge or simply run away.
Achievements completed from the Electro Regisvine Boss Fight
- When Autumn and Dew Meet: Let the Electro Regisvine perform its charged electrical collision.
- The Mad Flower at the End of the Road Challenger: When the Electro Regisvine emits a beam of thunderous light, paralyzes it by attacking its corolla.
- Electric Shock Hazard: They defeat an Electro Regisvine in Co-op mode.
Genshin Impact Electro Regisvine Boss Guide: Recommended Characters and Team Compositions
Players don’t need to form a specific team comp in order to defeat the Electro Regisvine. The Electro Regisvine can be defeated with any Element, although it’s best to avoid bringing Electro characters due to the Regisvine’s high electro resistance (70% when it’s in a stunning state). It is a requirement that players should bring either a Cryo, Pyro, or Dendro character in order to trigger Elemental reactions and deal damage to the Core and both the Waning Stamen and Waxing Stamen.
Bringing a Ranged Cryo, Pyro, or Dendro character can be useful since it would be much easier to destroy the Core when it locates in the corolla. If players are having a hard time dodging the attacks, it is recommended to bring a Shield character to the party. Here are some recommended characters to bring to the Boss fight:
- Cryo (to trigger Superconduct reaction) DPS/Support: Ganyu, Ayaka, Diona, Chongyun
- Pyro (to trigger Overload reaction) DPS/Support: Hu Tao, Yoimiya, Diluc, Klee, Yanfei
- Dendro (to trigger Catalyze reactions) DPS/Support: Nahida, Tighnari, Collei
- Shield Character: Zhongli, Noelle, Thoma, Layla
That’s how you can beat the Electro Regisvine Boss easily in Genshin Impact.
Did you find this guide to defeating the Electro Regisvine Boss in Genshin Impact useful? Let us know in the comments below!