Gardevoir is one of the many characters you can choose to play in the brand new Pokémon Unite MOBA. Gardevoir is a ranged attacker, meaning you stay at a constant distance and kill your enemies from afar. Additionally, Gardevoir can be played in any lane, but excels in the top lane as an attacker. In this guide, we will take a closer look at the best battle items, and abilities, including the tips and tricks to make your way to victory with Gardevoir in Pokémon Unite.
Previously, we have discussed how to master playing with other Pokémons like Pikachu, Mamoswine, Eldegoss, Zeraora, Blissey, Charizard, Snorlax, Tsareena, Decidueye, Dragonite, Talonflame, Cinderace, and Greninja. So make sure to check that guide as well. For now, let’s focus on Gardevoir.
Gardevoir: In-game Cost
Gardevoir is a relatively cheap Pokémon available for purchase. It can be purchased for either 8000 Aeos coins or 460 Aeos Gems from the in-game shop called the Unite Battle Committee. The shop consists of all the characters available from which players can view general info, stats, and abilities of the Pokémon before purchasing them.
Pokémon Unite Gardevoir movesets
Gardevoir’s abilities revolve around keeping a distance away from enemies doing large amounts of burst damage from afar.
Passive – Synchronize
When an opponent decreases Gardevoir’s movement speed or uses a damage-over-time ability, Gardevoir will inflict the attacking Pokémon with the same condition.
Every third attack is a boosted attack that does the area of effect damage and reduces the special defense of all opponents hit. Boosted attacks deal more damage based on Gardevoir’s special attack.
Ability 1 – Confusion
A ranged special attack that attacks straight forward.
Ability 2 – Teleport
Teleports a short distance and makes your next attack a boosted one.
Ability choices at level 6
Ability 1 evolves into one of the two abilities at level 6.
|Shoots three AOE psychic blasts at a designated location three times. Every time a psychic blast lands it reduces the cooldown of this ability.||Sets a designated AOE explosion at a location, which detonates after a short delay. If the explosion hits, it reduces the cooldown of this move.|
|Upgrade: Increases damage for each consecutive time this ability hits an opponent.||Upgrade: When the explosion hits, it completely resets the cooldown of this ability.|
Ability choices at level 8
Ability 2 evolves into one of the two abilities at level 8.
|Shoots a ball of energy straight forwards that detonates after a given distance or on impact, slowing enemies for a short period of time.||Gardevoir dashes a short distance backward and shoots a ball of energy straight forward, dealing damage and stunning any enemy hit|
|Upgrade: Reduces the cooldown of this move||Upgrade: Grants the user a shield.|
Unite Move – Fairy Singularity
Gardevoir crates a warp at a given point, nearby opposing Pokémon are drawn to the center of the point until the warp explodes, dealing damage and displacing them.
Best items for Gardevoir in Pokémon Unite
Further in this guide, we will discuss the best-held items for Gardevoir in Pokémon Unite, as well as its best battle item.
Best held items
|Item||Why it’s useful|
|Wise Glasses||Wise Glasses are by far the most important item for Gardevoir. All of Gardevoir’s abilities and Gardevoir’s basic attacks all deal more damage based on the number of special attacks. Wise Glasses gives you both base special attacks and then gives more based on a percentage of your total special attack value. Since Gardevoir has one of the highest base special attack values in the game, Gardevoir gets a lot of value out of using Wise Glasses.|
|Energy Amplifier||Gardevoir relies heavily on using Fairy Singularity (Gardevoir’s Unite move) to win fights. Energy Amplifier decreases the cooldown on Gardevoir’s Unite Move, allowing Gardevoir to use it more frequently.|
|Shell Bell||Shell Bell helps Gardevoir with its weaknesses. Gardevoir has one of the lowest health amounts in the game and the cooldowns for Gardevoir’s abilities are really long. Shell Bell gives Gardevoir a special attack, lowers the cooldown of abilities, and lets Gardevoir recover some health when an enemy is hit by Gardevoir’s abilities based on the amount of special attack Gardevoir has, hence making Gardevoir able to live for longer.|
Best Battle Items
- Eject Button: Eject Button instantly teleports Gardevoir a short distance of your choice, this item has a 70-second cooldown. This is by far the best battle item to use on Gardevoir. This lets Gardevoir reposition quickly, giving Gardevoir the ability to escape fights (or sometimes go into fights) quickly.
- X-Attack: X-Attack is an item that increases a Pokémon’s attack and special attack for a short time. Gardevoir can deal large amounts of burst damage and when paired with an X-attack can do even greater amounts of damage.
- Goal Getter: A niche battle item that Gardevoir can use is the Goal Getter. Goal Getter is an item that greatly increases your goal-scoring speed for a short period of time. This item works with Gardevoir because it allows Gardevoir to score goals easier, which heals the user.
Pokémon Unite Gardevoir Gameplay Tips
Our Pokémon Unite Gardevoir guide includes the perfect game plan for the early and late game during the Unite battles
Gardevoir doesn’t do much until the late stages of the game, so during the early game it’s best to play as passively as possible (don’t go far from the goal zone or make risky plays) and farm as much XP as possible until you fully evolve
During the early game, Gardevoir doesn’t have many defensive capabilities. So, make sure to stay behind a defender so they can protect you from taking damage. Once Drednaw spawns, you should be around level 6. Gardevoir can move around the map relatively quickly so move to Drednaw to secure it if possible.
Late Game is when Gardevoir has a large impact on the game. As long as position yourself so that assassin-type Pokémon like Greninja can’t kill you winning team fights should be easy. Gardevoir’s Unite move Fairy Singularity is one of the best Unite moves if used correctly.
If the move hits an enemy it draws them in, making them unable to move to mean you can easily land your abilities and your teammates can attack the opposing Pokémon while they are unable to run. This is especially useful for securing Zapdos, as the enemy team is often grouped together, meaning you can hit more enemies with your Unite move at once.
Positioning of Gardevoir
Gardevoir’s best lane is by far the top lane. Gardevoir has extremely strong offensive capabilities that when used correctly, can win team fights with Gardevoir alone. Only rotate when your teammates are as well, an important aspect of being a Pokémon with low defensive capabilities is to always stay near a Pokémon with high health. This is important because as Gardevoir you need to minimize the amount of damage taken while dealing as much damage as possible.
Gardevoir with other Pokémon
Best synergies with Gardevoir
Our Pokémon Unite Gardevoir guide also focuses upon the relation between Gardevoir and other Pokémon.
|Snorlax||Snorlax is a melee defender that has extremely high health and defensive stats. This Pokémon synergizes well with Gardevoir because it can soak up lots of damage with its massive surface area. Snorlax’s abilities also provide lots of crowd control effects, allowing Gardevoir to escape fights or land abilities easier since the opposing Pokémon is unable to move.|
|Mamoswine||Mamoswine goes well with Gardevoir for the same reason. Mamoswine is another melee defender that provides great defenses and crowd control abilities that greatly benefit Gardevoir.|
|Wigglytuff||Despite not being a defender, Wigglytuff is yet another Pokémon with high defenses and great crowd control abilities. Wigglytuff’s Unite move Starlight Recital goes especially well with Gardevoir as the shield given allows Gardevoir to make aggressive plays and lose very little health in return|
|Mr. Mime||A funny Pokémon to pair with Gardevoir is Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime’s Barrier goes well with Gardevoir because it makes the opposing Pokémon unable to escape, allowing Gardevoir to easily land abilities on the opposing Pokémon.|
Pokémon which are strong and weak against Gardevoir
|Strong against||Weak against|
Pokémon Unite Gardevoir: Tips and tricks
This guide will also discuss some tips and tricks for playing Gardevoir in Pokémon Unite.
- As Gardevoir, your main objective is to deal as much damage as possible. When playing Gardevoir, keep in mind that when you die you are unable to deal damage, so it is better to play safer.
- Gardevoir is a very difficult character to play, while possessing high amounts of damage Gardevoir has very low health and difficult to aim abilities. It is suggested that you should not play Gardevoir in ranked/standard matches unless you have practiced positioning and landing abilities to a great degree.
- If you are relatively new to or not confident in playing Gardevoir, you should select the abilities Moonblast and Psyshock. If you are confident in playing Gardevoir then it is more suitable to use Future Sight and Psychic. Moonblast is a preferable option for beginner Gardevoir players because Moonblast lets you reposition easily, as well as stunning enemies whether Psychic only slows the enemy. Psychock is another preferred option for beginner Gardevoir players because it has three consecutive hits rather than one, letting the user have more chances to land the ability to reduce its cooldown, whether future sight only has one hit, meaning only one chance to reduce the cooldown of the ability.
- If you have a Gardevoir on your team, make sure the Gardevoir goes in a lane with a highly defensive character (such as the ones mentioned before).
- It is important that you learn when to move and when to use your abilities with Gardevoir. If your abilities are timed correctly in correlation to your movement you should be able to win most of your fights.
- Gardevoir excels in high levels of competitive play, as Gardevoir is a very team-oriented attacker.
- When playing Gardevoir it is recommended that you use the Eject button as it allows you to escape from fights safely, but if you are confident in being able to carry then you can choose to use X-Attack instead. If you are playing Gardevoir in the center lane and can score goals often, then you can choose to use goal-getter instead.
- Gardevoir’s Unite move, Fairy Singularity is extremely useful and can be used in a few different ways. Gardevoir can use the Unite move as an offensive tool by placing the warp in front of the opposing Pokémon to draw them near to you, allowing you to hit the enemy with all your abilities. Gardevoir’s Unite move can also be used defensively. By placing the warp behind the enemy it pulls them away from you, allowing you to escape.
- Save the Unite Move for Zapdos. This is an easily overlooked aspect of the game that can change the entire outcome of the game, by saving your Unite Move for Zapdos, it ensures that the can secure the objective and win the game.
- One must make sure to check the map before Zapdos spawns. They must look around in the bushes surrounding Zapdos to ensure there are no sneaky enemies waiting to steal it.
- Score goals with the teammates. Own teammates will defend Gardevoir on the goal point and the goal timer will go faster if you have more teammates standing on the point.
- In team fights, your main objective is to stay behind and wither down the enemy tank.
- Gardevoir is an excellent pick if you are going to be playing with people you can communicate with (EG through call). This is because you can communicate with your allies where each player is going to go, allowing you to get a better idea of how to position.
Gardevoir is a superbly strong character that when played correctly, can carry entire games with the great amount of damage output that Gardevoir possesses. We hope this guide inspires more people to play Gardevoir and gives some insight into how to play this Pokémon!
That’s all for today’s Pokémon Unite Gardevoir Guide. Do you prefer to use Gardevoir in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!