A new patch update (126.96.36.199) is live on Pokémon UNITE bringing much-needed balance changes to Pokemon and items. Some changes are quite expected, while some are surprising. So here are the complete patch notes for the Pokémon UNITE April 28, 2022 update.
Pokémon UNITE April 28, 2022 update (188.8.131.52) patch notes: Balance Changes
With other all-rounders dominating the aeos island, it is quite natural to see Aegislash is getting a much-needed buff.
- Standard Attack: Increased Sword Forme Boosted Attack damage and healing
- Sacred Sword: Damage increased. Move effect strengthened.
- Air Slash: Number of blades is increased.
- Gatling Gulp Missile: Damage increased. Cooldown decreased.
- Waterburst Shuriken: UNITE Move Cooldown Reduced.
- Branch Poke
- Damage increased.
- Slow effect strengthened.
- Now restores HP when the move hits.
- Move text effect changed to: Has the user jab in the designated direction, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon and decreasing their movement speed for a short time when it hits. At the same time, the user’s HP begins to gradually recover for a short time.
- Damage to opponents increased.
- Effects on Trevenant by this move is decreased.
- Pain Split: HP restoration increased.
- Phantom Forest: Cooldown decreased.
After rounds of nerfs to this legendary Pokemon, it seems it is the time for a slight buff to bring it back to the meta.
- Discharge: Shield effect strengthened.
- Dragon Pulse: Damage decreased
- Stealth Rock: Effects adjusted
No wonder Hoopa is still very overpowered even after a couple of nerfs and now it got another nerf with Pokémon UNITE April 28 2022 update.
- Trick: Area of effect decreased. Cooldown increased.
- Trick + : HP restoration decreased.
- Shadow Ball: Effects on opposing Pokemon decreased
- Phantom Force: Cooldown reduced. Effects on opposing Pokemon strengthened.
- Extreme Speed: Damage dealt to opposing Pokemon decreased.
Talonflame is still one of the most used Pokemons for both starters and pro players. And now the bird is getting a slight nerf.
- Brave Bird
- Damage dealt to opposing Pokemon decreased.
- Area of effect decreased.
- Flame Sweep: Damage dealt to opposing Pokemon decreased.
While Azumarill is mostly adjusted, it also got a slight buff to make it move viable in the aeos island.
- Bubble: Bug Fixed on the decreased movement speed effect.
- Whirlpool: Bug Fixed on the damage.
- Aqua Tail
- Faster Normal Attacks
- Wider Range
- Furthest Range Hit Increases Damage and Heals HP
- Changed move description to: Increases the speed and area of effect of the user’s next three basic attacks. If these basic attacks hit from a distance, they also deal increased damage and restore the user’s HP.
Blissey is getting a much-needed adjustment to make her viable in the meta.
- Move text changed to: Throws an egg to an ally Pokemon, restoring its HP as well as the users. A maximum of two uses can be kept in reserve for this move. If the user also learns Egg Bomb, the maximum number of uses that can be kept in reserve increases to four. In that case, this move and Egg Bomb share the same pool of uses kept in reserve
- Can now carry up to 4 charges if Egg Bomb is the other move. Shares charges with Egg Bomb
- Soft-Boiled +: Upgrade now learned at level 10 (Previously level 12)
- Egg Bomb
- Move text changed to: Hurls an egg at the designated location. The egg then explodes, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon in the area of effect and throwing them. A maximum of two uses can be kept in reserve for this move. If the user also learns Soft-Boiled, the maximum number of uses that can be kept in reserve increases to five. In that case, this move and Soft-Boiled share the same pool of uses kept in reserve.
- Can now carry up to 2 charges. Goes up to 4 charges if Soft-Boiled is your other move. Shares charges with Soft-Boiled
- Egg Bomb +: Upgrade now learned at level 12 (Previously level 10)
- Safeguard +: Upgrade now learned at level 10 (Previously level 12)
- Helping Hand +: Upgrade now learned at level 12 (Previously level 10)
- Covet: Move text changed to Has the user run with all its might, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon it hits and throwing them. The user then becomes resistant to hindrances for a short time. While running, the user drops Berries from his body. If the user eats a dropped Berry, its movement speed is increased for a short time. The more Berries the user eats, the more its movement speed is increased. In addition, Tackle, Belch, or Bullet Seed can also be used while the user is running. Using this move will reset the cooldown of Tackle or Belch.
Alolan Ninetails (Adjusted)
- Increased the duration of the effect on opposing Pokemon.
- Area of effect increased.
- Aurora Veil
- Healing effect of Boosted Attack is reduced.
- Increased movement speed effect reduced.
Pokémon UNITE April 28, 2022 update (184.108.40.206) patch notes: Held Item Changes
Two of the most used items are getting a nerf with this latest patch. Check our Held Items guide to know more.
- Buddy Barrier: Effect weakened
- Score Shield: Cooldown lengthened
Pokémon UNITE April 28, 2022 update (220.127.116.11) patch notes: Other features
Pokémon UNITE Ranked Season 4
The New ranked season will kick off with this new patch update. And the reward for reaching the Master League will be an exclusive Mamoswine skin along with the regular Trainer skin, Snapshot Background, Snapshot Border, and a Snapshot Sticker. Read our guide on how to push rank effectively.
Pokémon UNITE Battle Pass Season 7 – Pokebuki
A new battle pass season is also kicking off with this new update. This new battle pass is bringing Asian-themed exclusive holowears for Blastoise and Charizard, and of course for the trainers.
Pokémon UNITE Membership
A subscription system is also being introduced in Pokémon UNITE with this latest 18.104.22.168 patch update. This is a type of subscription system where the players will be able to use special Holowear, unite license trials, discounts on Trainer Fashion, and other exclusive rewards for a monthly fee.