Greedent is one of the many characters that can be played in the Pokémon Unite MOBA. Greedent is a melee defender, that specializes in utilizing their high mobility and health to make large macro plays around the map, and score as many goals as possible. Greedent is optimally played in the top lane with an attacker as a lane partner. In this guide, we will take a closer look at the best battle items, and abilities, including tips and tricks to play Greedent in Pokémon Unite.
Previously, we have discussed how to master playing with other Pokémon like Pikachu, Mamoswine, Eldegoss, Zeraora, Blissey, Charizard, Snorlax, Tsareena, Decidueye, Dragonite, Talonflame, Cinderace, Greninja, Gardevoir, Venusaur, Wigglytuff, Trevenant, Gengar, Lucario, Aegislash, Crustle, Hoopa Garchomp, Absol Alolan Ninetales, Duraludon, Cramorant, Blastoise, Slowbro, and Machamp, and Mr. Mime. Therefore, one must make sure to check those guides as well. For now, let’s focus on Greedent.
Greedent: In-game Cost
Greedent can either be purchased from the Unite Battle Committee. Greedent is one of the less expensive Pokémon available for purchase. It can be purchased for either 8000 Aeos coins or 475 Aeos gems from the in-game shop called the Unite Battle Committee. The shop consists of all the characters available from which players can view general info, stats, and abilities of the Pokémon before purchasing them.
Pokémon Unite Greedent Movesets
Greedent’s moveset provides Greedent with large amounts of healing, movement speed buffs, and damage. This moveset helps Greedent to roam around the map freely and score large amounts of goals while losing very little health or value in the process.
Passive – Cheek Pouch
When the Pokémon eats a berry, it also recovers HP, after receiving the original effects of the berry. At the same time, it stealthily stashes another Berry in its tail. Being hit by a single attack or combination of attacks will cause a berry to drop from the Pokémon tail.
It becomes a boosted attack with every third attack, dealing increased damage when it hits and causing one Berry to drop from the player’s tail.
Ability 1 – Tackle
The skill has the player leap to the designated area, damaging opposing Pokemon in the area of effect and decreasing their movement speed for a short time. If this move is used while Covet is active, no area can be designated for the player to leap to.
Instead, while the player is running, the damage is dealt in an area to the opposing Pokemon in front of it. If the player has any berries stashed in its tail at this time, it consumes all of them. The more Berries the player had stashed away, the more this move’s cooldown is reduced.
Ability choices at level 5
Ability 1 evolves into one of the two abilities at level 5.
|The skill has the player drop several berries, which can be eaten to recover HP. Any HP recovered that exceeds the player’s max HP will be converted to a shield effect. If the player catches sight of a Berry while using this move, its movement speed is increased for a short time.||Has the user run with all its might, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon it hits and throwing them. While running, the user drops Berries from their body. If the user eats a dropped Berry, its movement speed is increased for a short time. The more Berries the user eats, the more its movement speed is increased. In addition, Belch or Bullet Seed can also be used while the user is running.|
|Upgrade: The skill increases the number of Berries the user drops from its tail.||Upgrade: The skill increases damage dealt by this move and increases the frequency at which Berries drop.|
Ability 2 – Defense Curl
The skill grants the player a shield for a short time. In addition, a Berry will drop in front of the user.
Ability choices at level 7
Ability 2 evolves into one of the two abilities at level 7.
|The skill has the player spit Berry seeds in the designated direction, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon in the area of effect and decreasing their movement speed for a short time. The more Berries the user had stashed away, the more damage this move deals.||Deals damage to opposing Pokemon in the area of effect and decreases their movement speed for a short time. If the user has any Berries stashed in its tail at this time, it consumes all of them. The more Berries the user had stashed away, the more this move’s cooldown is reduced.|
|Upgrade: It increases the damage dealt.||Upgrade: It increases the damage dealt.|
Unite Move – Belly Berry Flop
The skill deals damage to the opposing Pokémon in the area of effect and decreases their movement speed for a short time. If the player has any Berries stashed in its tail at this time, it consumes all of them. The more Berries the user had stashed away, the more this move’s cooldown is reduced.
Best items for Greedent in Pokémon Unite
Further in this guide, we will discuss the best-held items for Greedent in Pokémon Unite, as well as its best battle item.
Best Held Items
|Item(s)||Why it’s useful|
|Score Shield||Score Shield is the most important item on Greedent. Greedent’s moveset offers a high amount of mobility and healing, both of which are great for scoring goals. Because Greedent has high base health, and can easily sneak past the enemy team and score a goal with a large score shield. Players can then use mobility and healing to leave the enemy goal safely, taking very little damage in the process.|
|Buddy Barrier||Buddy Barrier is an extremely versatile item that is used on Greedent to increase Greedent’s base health. Greedent’s UNITE move “Belly Berry Flop” is a great tool to engage in fights with. By using Buddy Barrier, players are granted more shields on top of their shield given from the UNITE move, meaning that they can run straight into the center of the enemy team in teamfights which allows them to soak up damage for the team, as well as increasing chances of landing abilities.|
|Focus Band||Greedent’s playstyle revolves around making highly aggressive plays and engaging in dangerous fights, as well as fighting at low health. Because of this, Focus Band is a great item to use on Greedent. In this way, Greedent can recover health and continue to fight at low HP.|
Best Battle Items
- Eject Button: Eject Button instantly Greedent a short distance of the choice, this item has a 70-second cooldown. The eject button is a universally powerful battle item that can let Greedent engage, disengage, or use as a combo tool.
- Slow Smoke: Slow Smoke greatly reduces the movement speed of opposing Pokémon for a short period of time. Slow Smoke is the best battle item on Greedent because Slow Smoke can be used to make aggressive plays and prevent the opposing Pokémon from escaping. It can be used to make hitting the abilities easier, as Greedent’s abilities such as Surf and Hurricane can be hard to land if the opponent has lots of mobility.
- Potion: Potion is a 30-second cooldown item that heals the player for 12.5% of their maximum health. The potion can be used to constantly stay in high health in fights.
Pokémon Unite Greedent Gameplay Tips
Our Pokémon Unite Greedent guide includes the perfect game plan for the early and late game during the Unite battles.
In the early game, the main goal of Greedent is to play aggressively and steal as many of the opposing teams’ wild Pokémon as possible. When the game starts, the best play is to get one of the starting Aipoms to level up, then run straight to the opposing team’s side of the lane.
If the opposing team comes to contest the wild Pokémon, players must wait till their wild Pokémon is at low health and use the tackle item to dash through the Aipom into the goal. By repeating this process consistently, Greedent should be able to get an early level lead from both scoring and taking wild Pokémon, as well as, taking the first top goal before Drednaw spawns.
During the early game, the partner in the lane is usually an attacker. Therefore, players must make sure to stay in front of the attacker to protect them from taking damage and allowing them to deal damage to the opposing Pokémon.
By the time Drednaw spawns, Greedent should be around level 6-7 and have both abilities ready. Because Greedent has great speed and healing Greedent should try to rotate to the bottom lane for Drednaw before it spawns.
By the late game, Greedent should have a level lead from making aggressive early-game plays, as well as depriving the enemy team of getting experience points. This level of lead should be utilized to carry the rest of your team ahead. Like with all other characters, securing Zapdos with the team is a necessity.
Once Zapdos spawns, Greedent should attempt to use their Unite move in the center of the enemy team to throw them. Since he is granted a large shield and unlimited berries, Greedent should then try to deal as much damage as possible while the Unite move is active.
Positioning of Greedent
Because Greedent is a defender, Greedent is primarily played in the top lane with an attacker. Unlike other defenders, Greedents’ playstyle revolves more around making solo plays and split pushing to get goals around the map.
Greedent with other Pokémon
Our Pokémon Unite Greedent guide also focuses on the relationship between Greedent and other Pokémon.
Best Synergies with Greedent
|Mr. Mime||Greedents’ Belch can be a difficult move to land. If Mr. Mime uses a barrier skill, then the opposing team will have less movement, making it easier to land Belch.|
|Eldegoss||Greedent needs to consistently play aggressively to deprive the opposing team of XP while gaining XP in the progress, therefore Eldegoss would pair well with Greedent because of the high amount of healing and Shielding Eldegoss provides, helping Greedent to stay at high health while going for aggressive plays.|
|Wigglytuff||Wigglytuff pairs well with Greedent because of the great crowd control offered by “Sing”, allowing Greedent to dive in and score a goal while the opposing Pokémon is asleep. Wigglytuff’s Unite move Starlight Recital goes especially well with Greedent as the large shield given allows Greedent to make aggressive plays and tank for teammates even more.|
Pokémon which are strong and weak against Greedent
|Strong against||Weak against|
Pokémon Unite Greedent: Tips, tricks and strategies
This guide will also discuss some tips and tricks for playing Greedent in Pokémon Unite.
- As Greedent, the objective should be to score as many goals as possible, Greedent is one of the few characters that have such high mobility and health/healing. They are able to go for objectives both in the top and bottom lane and score high amounts consistently.
- When a player uses Bullet Seed, one must make sure to pick up dropped berries, while, using the move. Bullet speed expends all of the stored berries, to deal increased damage and by picking up berries during the ability, it gets immediately expended, increasing the damage done.
- When using Covet, players must always useability 1 first. Covet will reset the cooldown of the first ability, allowing Greedent to use the same ability twice, in quick succession.
- Greedent is one of the best defenders to play in the ranked mode. Unlike other defenders, Greedent does not require a large amount of communication to play, as Greedent usually pushes single lanes on their own. Greedent can also make a large variety of plays that can benefit the team, depending on what is needed.
- Whirlpool can be used as both an offensive and defensive tool. Whirlpool can be used in the early game to steal opposing wild Pokémon, because the move hits multiple times, there is a high chance that the Whirlpool will get the last hit on the opposing Pokémon, thus stealing the XP. Whirlpool can also be used defensively to stop the opposing Pokémon from getting a goal, if the opposing Pokémon does not have a score shield then, their scoring will be interrupted every time whirlpool hits, which means that they will not be able to score large goals easily.
- When using Stuff Cheeks, players must try to face a wall. By doing this, the Berries are thrown against a wall, which throws them into the same area, making it easier to grab them.
- Like Crustle, Greedent has a great amount of mobility. When playing Greedent, it is best to score small 5-20 point goals at a time, instead of scoring large goals. By doing this, it ensures that Score Shield will last long enough to allow the goal to be scored, it grants Greedent a constant amount of XP. This forces the opposing team to target Greedent while the lane partner can play aggressively
- Players must save the Unite Move for Zapdos. This is an easily overlooked aspect of the game that can change the entire outcome of the game. Saving the Unite Move for Zapdos ensures that they can secure the objective and win the game. Players must try to move around the opposing team during the Zapdos fight and use the combo of the abilities and the UNITE move to wipe out the enemy team.
- One must make sure to check the map before Zapdos spawns. They must look around in the bushes surrounding Zapdos to ensure, there are no sneaky enemies waiting to steal it.
Greedent is a powerful Pokémon that when played correctly, can easily carry games through scoring hundreds of points every game while being immortal. We hope this guide gives some more insight into how to play this Pikachu-eating bird Pokémon!
That’s all for today’s Pokémon Unite Greedent Guide. Do you prefer to use Greedent in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!