The newly-released Duraludon is one of the many characters that can be played in the Pokémon Unite MOBA. Duraludon is a ranged attacker, that specializes in taking down enemies from afar with high damage burst attacks. Because of this, Duraludon is optimally played in the top lane with a defender as a lane partner. In this guide, we will take a closer look at the best battle items, and abilities, including tips and tricks to play Duraludon in Pokémon Unite.
Previously, we have discussed how to master playing with other Pokémon like Pikachu, Mamoswine, Eldegoss, Zeraora, Blissey, Charizard, Snorlax, Tsareena, Decidueye, Dragonite, Talonflame, Cinderace, Greninja, Gardevoir, Venusaur, Wigglytuff, Trevenant, Gengar, Lucario, Aegislash, Crustle, Hoopa, Garchomp, Absol, and Alolan Ninetales. Therefore, one must make sure to check those guides as well. For now, let’s focus on Duraludon.
Duraludon: In-game cost
Duraludon can either be purchased from the Unite Battle Committee. It is one of the more expensive Pokémon available for purchase. It can be purchased for either 10000 Aeos coins or 475 Aeos Gems from the in-game shop called the Unite Battle Committee.
The shop consists of all the characters available from which players can view general info, stats, and abilities of the Pokémon, before purchasing them.
Pokémon Unite Duraludon Movesets
Duraludon’s moveset options are quite diverse. One option is to play as a high-burst damage build, with a lot of crowd control. The other option is to play as a high mobility attacker that uses dashes to dodge abilities and outplay opponents.
Passive – Heavy Metal
The skill prevents the Pokémon from being thrown or shoved once. This ability goes on cooldown after it’s triggered.
The skill shoots a fierce blast of light from the players’ mouths, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon it hits. The skill becomes a boosted attack with every third attack, shooting out a long beam deals a large amount of damage to all opposing Pokémon it hits.
Ability 1 – Laser Focus
The skill reduces the damage the player received for a short time. Afterward, the players’ basic attacks deal additional damage to opposing Pokémon they hit, up to 3 times in total.
Ability choices at level 5
Ability 1 evolves into one of the two abilities at level 5.
|Flash Cannon||Dragon Pulse|
|It has the player ruptured the ground in the designated direction, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the Area of Effect. It decreases their movement speed for a short time. For a short time afterward, when the player performs a basic or boosted attack, it will gather all of its light energy and release it all at once as a cannon of light. |
These cannon attacks have increased range and deal damage to all opposing Pokémon hit by the light. Boosted cannon attacks deal more damage than basic cannon attacks. It also decreases the movement speed of opposing Pokémon they hit for a short time.
|The skill charges power before dealing damage to the opposing Pokémon in the area of effect. The players’ movement speed is decreased while charging, but the longer power is charged, the wider the moves’ Area of Effect becomes and the more damage it deals. |
After the player learns this move, a damage marker will be attached to any opposing Pokémon the player damages. When Dragon Pulse hits a marked opposing Pokémon, it deals additional damage to that Pokémon for each damage marker attached to it, removing all the damage markers. In addition, if this move knocks out an opposing Pokémon, its’ cooldown is reduced. The players’ next three basic attacks will each deal additional damage and further reduce this move’s cooldown when they hit.
|Upgrade: Opposing Pokémon in the ruptured ground’s area of effect are also unable to act for a short time||Upgrade: The skill has also restored the players’ HP if this move knocks out a Pokémon from the opposing team.|
Ability 2 – Feather Dance
The skill dances, reducing the attack and movement speed of nearby opponents.
Ability choices at level 7
Ability 2 evolves into one of the two abilities at level 7.
|Dragon Tail||Stealth Rock|
|The skill has the player shove the opposing Pokémon and moves backward for a short distance. Afterward, the players’ next basic attack becomes a boosted attack. A maximum of two uses can be kept in reserve for this move||The skill has the player create a field of levitating stones, by hurling a stone at the designated area. The field deals damage over time to opposing Pokémon in the Area of Effect and decreases their movement speed for a short time.|
If the hurled stone hits an opposing Pokémon before reaching the designated area, the Area of Effect will instead be centered on where the stone hit that Pokémon.
If an opposing Pokémon takes damage from this move a certain number of times, that Pokémon becomes unable to move for a short time. After this move is used, the players’ next basic attack becomes a boosted attack. A maximum of two uses can be kept in reserve for this move.
|Upgrade: This move deals additional damage to opposing Pokémon when it hits||Upgrade: The skill increases the maximum number of uses that can be kept in reserve for this move.|
Unite Move – Revolving Ruin
It has the player spin, firing a beam of light at the ground in a sweeping circle around it. If this beam hits an opposing Pokémon, it deals damage to it, grants the player a shield, and increases the player’s attack for a short time.
Both the shielding effect and the attack increase strengthen the more opposing Pokémon are hit by the beam of light. Damage is dealt with opposing Pokémon in the Area of Effect after the beam of light is fired. A burning ring is left where the beam of light touched the ground and opposing Pokémon that touch this burning ring take damage and have their movement speed decreased for a short time.
Best items for Duraludon in Pokémon Unite
Further in this guide, we will discuss the best-held items for Duraludon in Pokémon Unite, as well as its best battle item.
Best Held Items
|Muscle Band||Duraludon has some of the highest damage per attack in the game. Muscle Band gives the Pokémon the ability to deal a percentage of the opponents’ max health as damage and increase their basic attack speed. Muscle Band is the best item for Duraludon because both abilities provided by this item greatly increase Duraludons’ damage output.|
|Buddy Barrier||Buddy Barrier is an extremely versatile item that is used on Duraludon to increase Duraludon’s base health and provides Duraludon with a large shield. Duraludon’s unite move “Revolving Ruin Missile” is a great tool to provide massive amounts of damage in teamfights.|
Therefore, Duraludon has low base health and is immobile for a short time, while using the Unite move, Buddy Barrier compensates for this, by giving Cramoant a large shield while the Unite move is used, meaning Duraludon becomes an unkillable, high DPS turret!
|Focus Band||Duraludon has very low base health and performs relatively well in elongated fights. To compensate for this, the Focus band can be used to allow Duraludon to stay alive long enough in a fight, to either outplay the opponent and knock them out or to escape safely.|
Best Battle Items
- Eject Button: Eject Button instantly lets Duraludon a short distance of the choice. This item has a 70-second cooldown. It is a universally powerful battle item, that can let Duraludon engage, disengage, or use as a combo tool. This is the best battle item on Duraludon, because, Duraludon is a very slow Pokémon and by using Eject Button, it ensures that Duraludon has an escape tool. It is also helpful on Duraludon, because it cannot move, while Flash Cannon is active, unless a dash is used. This means that both Eject Button and Dragon Claw can be used, while in the cannon form to reposition.
- Slow Smoke: Slow Smoke greatly reduces the movement speed of opposing Pokémon for a short period of time. The item can be used to make aggressive plays and preventing the opposing Pokémon from escaping. It can also be used to make hitting your attacks easier, as Duraludon lacks crowd control.
- Potion: Potion is a 30-second cooldown item, that heals the player for 12.5% of their maximum health. Potion can be used to constantly stay at high health in fights.
Pokemon Unite Duraludon Gameplay Tips
Our Pokémon Unite Duraludon guide includes the perfect game plan for the early and late game during the Unite battles.
In the early game, Duraludon lacks damage until level 5. When playing Duraludon, level five should attempt to be achieved, as soon as possible. Both Flash Cannon and Dragon Pulse could do high amounts of damage. Duraludon is relatively weak in the early game. Players must make sure to stay near the allied teams’ goal zone and farm as much as possible. In this way, Duraludon can level up quickly and reach high amounts of damage in the late game.
During the early game, the partner-in-lane is usually a defender. Players must make sure to stay behind the defender to protect Duraludon while dealing as much damage as possible. By the time Drednaw spawns, Duraludon should be around level 6-7 and have both abilities ready. Duraludon should try to rotate to the bottom lane for Drednaw before it spawns when possible
Duraludon scales really well into the late game. Duraludon can deal the greatest amount of damage. Like other characters, players must secure Zapdos with the team is a necessity.
Once Zapdos spawns, Duraludon should attempt to position behind the teammates and, use their Unite move, as well as attacks to deal, as much damage as possible without getting knocked out. This will deal massive amounts of burst damage and should win the team fight if done correctly.
Positioning of Duraludon
Because Duraludon is an attacker, it is primarily played in the top lane with a defender. However, Duraludon is currently seeing the most play in the center lane, due to being able to level up quickly. Reaching a level five power spike from the first jungle, players must clear and obtain great benefits from the red and blue buffs. In teamfights, players must make sure to stay behind the rest of the team. As an attacker, the goal is to deal as much damage as possible, while minimizing the amount done to the attacker.
Duraludon with other Pokémon
Our Pokémon Unite Duraludon guide also focuses upon the relationship between Duraludon and other Pokémon.
Best Synergies with Duraludon
|Snorlax||Snorlax has great synergy with Duraludon because Snorlax can stun opponents for a short period of time, allowing Duraludon to land attacks easier. Snorlax also has a high health amount and can protect Duraludon from taking damage|
|Mamoswine||Mamoswine has a great synergy with Duraludon for the same reasons as Snorlax, it helps make landing attacks easier and protects Duraludon|
|Wigglytuff||Wigglytuff goes well with Duraludon for the same reasons as Snorlax and Mamoswine, Wigglytuffs crowd control helps Duraludon attack and protects in fights.|
Pokémon which are strong and weak against Duraludon
|Strong against||Weak against|
Pokémon Unite Duraludon: Tips, tricks and strategies
This guide will also discuss some tips and tricks for playing Duraludon in Pokémon Unite.
- Duraludon has one of the best Unite moves in the game, if used correctly. When using the UNITE move, players must make sure to position it in a spot, where the enemy is within the range but cannot damage the player. It is especially helpful, if teammates are nearby to tank damage for Duraludon.
- When using Flash Cannon, Dragon Claw can be used, while Flash Cannon is active. Flash Cannon makes Duraludon immobile while being active. Therefore, by using the Dragon Claw skill, it allows Duraludon to have some movement, while in cannon form.
- Players must always try to use Dragon Pulse when the opponent is guaranteed to be knocked out by it. This lowers the cooldown of the move and heals Duraludon, meaning Duraludon can go back to fighting other Pokemon more quickly
- Duraludon key weakness is the lack of mobility, if Duraludon is mispositioned then Duraludon is prone to dying easily.
- When versing a Duraludon, Wigglytuff is a great option. Duraludons passive “Heavy Metal” prevents Duraludon from being thrown or shoved, whether Wigglytuffs “sing” puts the opponent to sleep. This means that Duraludon is not immune to Wigglytuffs crowd control, allowing Wigglytuff to render Duraludon unable to act and get knocked out easily due to the fact that Duraludon has a low base health amount
- Save the Unite Move for Zapdos. This is an easily overlooked aspect of the game that can change the entire outcome of the game, by saving your Unite Move for Zapdos, it ensures that they can secure the objective and win the game. Try to move around the opposing team during the Zapdos fight and use the combo of your abilities and your UNITE move to wipe out the enemy team.
- One must make sure to check the map before Zapdos spawns. They must look around in the bushes surrounding Zapdos to ensure there are no sneaky enemies waiting to steal it.
Duraludon is currently one of the most powerful Pokémon in the meta. If Duraludon is played correctly, teamfights become much easier, as Duraludon is able to burst down enemies, through the massive damage output provided from both abilities and attacks. We hope this guide gives some more insight into how to play this metal tower Pokémon!
That’s all for today’s Pokémon Unite Duraludon Guide. Do you prefer to use Duraludon in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!