PUBG Mobile‘s latest update, version 0.19.0 is finally coming on 7th July. This update is highly anticipated by players all around the globe, as it includes a new map Livik. There are also other updates like the ‘Spark the Flame’ and ‘The Ancient Secret’ themed mode in classic maps, new Arena etc. Let’s see what are the complete features and updates of the 0.19.0 update of PUBG Mobile.
- Features of the PUBG Mobile 0.19.0 update
- New Map: Livik
- ‘Spark the Flame’ themed gameplay
- ‘The Ancient Secret’ themed gameplay
- Season Warm-up Event: ‘Unranked Classic’ mode
- Changes in Mode availability times
- New Arena: Team Gun Game
- Other Arena related updates
- Main Gameplay improvements
- Settings Improvements
- Updates regarding Cheer Park
- New Team-up Lobby Features in PUBG Mobile 0.19.0 Update
- ‘Brothers in Arms’ Improvements
- Other updates & improvements in PUBG Mobile 0.19.0 Update
- PUBG Mobile Royale Pass Season 14: Spark the Flame
- Update Rewards
- Additional information regarding PUBG Mobile 0.19.0 Update
Features of the PUBG Mobile 0.19.0 update
New Map: Livik
PUBG Mobile is introducing a new Nordic-style map called Livik in the latest update. The map spans over an area of 2x2km, making it the smallest map in the game.
The game time in this map will be 15 minutes, so this is going to be like a quick-match in a new map with all new features. Well, Livik is a special map and it will have its own features:
- New weapons: P90 (SMG), MK12 (DMR)
- New vehicle: Monster truck
Tencent also has planned for a ‘super firearm training’ mode for Livik, which is scheduled to appear later in the game.
Livik super firearm training
In this event mode, Experimental Trial Weapon Crates containing a special weapon will appear on Livik. Special weapons look similar to normal weapons, but there are differences in the names, icons, etc. Experimental Trial Weapons have slightly better stats than normal weapons which we have been using so far in PUBG Mobile. You can also view your firing and hit stats with your Experimental Trial Weapon after leaving the match.
Our detailed Livik guide is coming very soon, so stay tuned!
‘Spark the Flame’ themed gameplay
This themed mode will be available in the classic mode for Erangel and Miramar maps, which are the oldest maps of PUBG. You have a chance to enter this mode after selecting these maps in classic mode. It seems as if this mode will be all about finding statues in-game.
- Small Statue: Small statues burn up after interaction with players. They drop supplies and event items after burning.
- Giant Statue: Giant statues have multiple construction stages that change as the themed event progresses. They burn in the final stage.
- Statue Camp: There are tents around the statue. You have to enter them to search for supplies.
‘The Ancient Secret’ themed gameplay
This themed mode is scheduled to appear later in the update. You can choose whether you want to participate in this mode or not, from settings on the Mode Selection screen. The features of this mode take us back to the old days:
- Ancient Temple: Ancient Temples are large, major buildings with a two-story structure. They initially sit on the ground but start to float in the air after a fixed period of time and move slowly with the play zone.
- Slate puzzle: These are interactive puzzles made up of ancient slates.
- Boss fight: You can fight the ‘boss’ of a temple after making it to the sealed room on the second floor of the Ancient Temple. If you defeat the boss, you earn many rewards.
- Small Ruins: These are randomly-appearing ruins with crates and puzzles, and small rewards inside.
Season Warm-up Event: ‘Unranked Classic’ mode
Royale Pass Season 14 is set to arrive on 14th July. Before the season update, a season warm-up event will be available for a limited time. After joining the event, players will be able to battle in squads in the ‘Unranked Classic Mode‘ and can complete missions to earn a small amount of Season 14 ranking points, which will be converted into Season 14 rating points after the season update.
Changes in Mode availability times
Some changes will be there in the availability of game modes, such as:
- Payload and RageGear modes will only be available during the weekend.
- Bluehole Mode will come to an end with the update.
New Arena: Team Gun Game
New Arena Gameplay – Team Gun Game will come on July 31st after the update. Players will be able to play it on Friday, Saturday, and Sundays only.
This arena in the 0.19.0 Update will bring PUBG Mobile’s first-ever indoor map, the Library.
Other Arena related updates
New Arena Attachment
PUBG Mobile 0.19.0 update will bring a new Loadout attachment, called the Barrel Extender. This is a muzzle attachment that can be used with the vast majority of Snipers, ARs, and SMGs. This attachment is going to be of great use since it increases the firearm’s effective range and reduces the damage reduction of bullets due to distance.
Arena Firearm Damage Reduction Adjustment
Damage reduction models of all weapons are now layered based on operational distance. The order of effective operational distances for various weapons is (from near to far): Shotguns>SMGs>Rifles>Sniper Rifles.
Main Gameplay improvements
Basic Gameplay Experience
- The screen lockup issue at “Loading” when entering the battle on an unstable network is now resolved.
- Good news for players with low-end devices as the rendering smoothness on low and mid-performing devices is now fixed.
- For high-end devices, battery usage time has now been improved, meaning the game will consume less battery percentage from now on.
- Lag which used to occur due to HDR settings on some devices is now reduced.
Pick Up Improvements
Players can now go to the Pick-Up tab in Settings to choose whether they pick up Quickdraw Mags or Extended Mags first. Previously there was no option like this, so now the players will have less confusion regarding this.
Combat Operation Settings
You can now switch on/off settings for Scope and Peek buttons to rotate the camera.
Prolonged Hit Effects
PUBG Mobile has provided more colour schemes for Hit Effects and Received Damage effects in the 0.19.0 update to give players more options for customization.
Improvement of Parachuting Gauge Display
Players can now see detailed altitude and speed gauge displays during parachuting.
Jump Following & Tips
You can now add tips to remind the leader to mark the landing zone on the mini-map.
When picking up supplies, the item name is highlighted in the pick-up tips to emphasize the information.
When the Backpack is full and you cannot pick up an item, the item’s position in the pick-up list will not change from now on.
When a flare gun fails to fire, it will now display a tip that clearly notifies the player that a failure has occurred. Previously players used to get confused regarding this.
- New players can now see a tutorial on sensitivities on the Sensitivity tab.
- An information page about camera control rules on the Control Settings screen is now added for players who need it.
- Also added is a switch for auto pick-up of scopes. When switched off, scopes will not be picked up automatically even if you stand near the scope supplies. When switched on, the original auto pick-up setting will be restored.
- You can now hide/disable some keys in the custom control panel.
- Dynamic holding switch is added in the FPP Mode. With the switch on, the weapon is held at a low height when not firing, thus increasing the field of view. With the switch off, the firearm will not be lowered and will appear at the same height as in Arena.
- The default pick-up amount for Frag Grenades and Smoke Grenades to 1 is adjusted.
- There’s an effect preview for energy boost items now added, which means you can see how much boost you’ll get.
Updates regarding Cheer Park
New Cheer Park and Quick Draw Features
- There’s a new trench in the Shooting Range area to prevent other players or vehicles from blocking the targets.
- You can now see a launcher and hot air balloon in the Cheer Park. Additionally, a barrier zone next to the Shooting Range area is added so that Quick Draw players can choose freely which to use.
New Firearm-Specific Quick Draws
- Firearm-specific Quick Draws are added with this update. For an AR Quick Draw, both players get the same (randomly chosen) assault rifle, which is the only weapon that can be used to deal damage during the Quick Draw.
- Quick Draw result screen is now improved as players can choose to join another match directly from the result screen and add friends or send gifts.
New Shooting Range Elite Challenge
Added Elite Challenge rounds after players get 100 points at the Shooting Range. This provides high-level players with a way to pursue extreme skills.
New Bubble Emotes
Players can use the new ‘vivid‘ emotes to communicate in the Cheer Park.
The volume of gunshots in the Cheer Park is now reduced, which seemed a bit irritating previously.
New Team-up Lobby Features in PUBG Mobile 0.19.0 Update
The Team-up Platform now has some new features to help players find suitable teammates quickly. Voice recruitment has also been provided according to the voice requirement.
Display richer messages
Display directly the player’s KD, Top 10 %, tactical style as well as recruitment information like the team’s strategy and objectives etc. while recruiting.
Find suitable teams
Idle players can view the currently recruiting teams based on conditions such as the selected mode, language, etc. This feature supports quick joining, fine-grained filtering, manual refreshes, and more to help you find the most suitable team.
Recruit suitable teammates
Teammate recruitment now supports fine-grained requirements. Players should focus on their team information page when creating or joining teams. You can also view and invite currently idle players in the lobby.
Voice recruitment feature
This is an interesting feature added for quick recruitment. Voice recruitment teams are only visible to players who have selected voice recruitment. After sending out voice invitation, the recipient is invited to converse in real-time with the host. If both players are satisfied, they become teammates. If a player selects voice recruitment, he/she must engage in a real-time voice conversation with the leader before joining the team.
‘Brothers in Arms’ Improvements
- For switching roles inside a squad, players now only need to tap on different tabs to switch roles. As Tencent says, “Find a Veteran to rank up or be a Veteran to earn rewards!”
- There’s a training preparation phase that is going to be useful during the first meeting between Veterans and Rookies.
- If you leave the Spawn Island during Brothers in Arms, you get a penalty from now on.
- Rookies and Veterans now have clear marks to make them more easily recognizable during the training and battle.
- Rookies can now quick-add friends and send Space gifts to other players.
- The overall gaming experience is now more improved, as there is now support for the display of previous invite results and filtering for the same Drop Tactic.
Read our complete Brother-in-Arms guide here.
Other updates & improvements in PUBG Mobile 0.19.0 Update
New Ace Badge Features
The Ace badge icon feature is available on the Profile and Mode selection screen which displays the number of times that a player has reached the Ace tier in total. You have to tap the Ace Badge icon to view a record of each season in which an Ace Badge was obtained.
The clan system is now classified by clan tags, investing in more growth objectives and rewards.
- Clan tag feature is targeted at gathering players with different playstyles and goals.
- Different Clans are given different tags, and each Clan has its own Energy corresponding to that tag.
- Clan Mission Objectives have been expanded, including new personal weekly objectives and Clan weekly/seasonal objectives.
- You can now earn more rewards by completing the Clan Mission Objectives and Rankings.
- The Clan recommendation/joining system is improved, which has a new filtering system to help you find players who play at similar times.
New Achievements & Rankings
PUBG has introduced new Achievement Points Rankings. Players can compete on the Achievements Leaderboard at a global level now. Also, some new achievements have been added:
- Panology Professor: Get this achievement when you kill 3/10/20/50 enemies with a Pan on the Library map in the new Arena.
- Legend of the Fjord: Unlock by winning 3/10/20/50 times in the new map Livik.
- Clan Elite: You need to complete the weekly personal Energy objective in a clan for 1/5/10/30 week(s) for unlocking this.
- With the 0.19.0 update, PUBG Mobile now supports downloading in-game video resources.
- You can also check your network speed while downloading.
Upgraded firearm attachment finish features
With this feature, after getting an upgraded gun, the players can use graffiti to unlock the corresponding attachment finish. After unlocking an attachment finish, the corresponding finish will be displayed when the attachment is equipped in battle.
- Cropping & swapping function for basic patterns have been added.
- If your basic pattern materials are insufficient, you can use UC to make up the difference.
- You can now use stickers on all Guncraft Firearms.
- Some features related to stickers like the enlarging/shrinking of patterns and the feeling of aim assist when rotating Stickers are now improved.
- Performance improvement: increased smoothness while editing.
- You can now see an improved information display in the Guncraft system interface.
- Problems like the confusion of Guncraft camera in Training Grounds and Cheer Park as well as the colour aberration problem have been resolved now.
- The visual effects of vouchers have been improved, and a notification to show the expiration of vouchers in Inventory is added.
- Players can now jump to the latest Lucky Spin directly by using Lucky Spin vouchers.
- A voucher expiry reminder has been added to the Shop entrance and display screen, as well as a new direct screen for vouchers in the Shop so that players don’t forget the voucher expiry dates.
- The visual appearance of Radio messages is improved.
- You can now use the radio to share gift messages when sending Space gifts.
- Radio messages are now available in the Cheer Park as well.
PUBG Mobile Royale Pass Season 14: Spark the Flame
The Royale Pass Season 14 is coming in the PUBG Mobile 0.19.0 Update on July 14th. The theme of this RP will be ‘Spark the Flame‘. The new RP includes all-new themes, better level rewards, and new multi-form outfits.
Features of Royale Pass Season 14
- PUBGM will celebrate the 2nd Anniversary of Royale Pass, as the famous Roaring Dragon and Dragon Hunter-themed rewards from Season 5 will make a comeback appearance in the game.
- An RP Prime subscription collaboration with Google is available. This includes both Prime and Prime Plus, players can subscribe to both simultaneously. You can take a monthly/quarterly/yearly subscription. Through this, you can collect 300 or 900 RP Vouchers every month, along with redemption discounts and Airplane Ranking display perks.
- You can now see a consolidated page for RP perks. In that page, you can instantly view consecutive purchase perks and preview other exclusive RP perks.
- An RP Crate Luck Event will be available in-game, through which you might get amazing rewards.
- Additionally, players now get an improved display of Airplane Ranking and other content in-battle.
If you update the game between July 7th – July 13th (UTC), you can get the following update rewards:
- 2,888 BP
- AG ×100
- Nightmare Helmet (3d)
Additional information regarding PUBG Mobile 0.19.0 Update
PUBG Mobile will be pushing out updates starting from July 7th. Even if it is a major update, the server will not be taken offline for this. This update requires approximately 1.84 GB of storage space on Android devices and 2.13 GB of storage space on iOS devices. Remember, players on different versions of the game can’t team up with each other, so make sure to update as soon as possible.
We hope Tencent brings us a lot of fun and exciting contents, as well as other gaming-experience improvements in-game with this new update. Good luck!
Are you excited for the PUBG Mobile 0.19.0 Update? Let us know in the comment section below.
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group or Discord server. Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter for quick updates.
Damn i will miss payload mode yaar. it always gets me a noob lobby and i can enjoy my game. Nooo. i play it everyday.
We get you completely, Ryan. But we can still play it on weekends, thank god they won’t abolish the mode like the Bluehole mode.