Slowpoke is a dual type Tier 1 raid boss which is completely pink in colour. It stands on four legs and using its tail like a fishing pole along with a month which is pale brown in colour. It is extremely easy to defeat this Pokémon and even new players are capable of defeating if they use the right counters. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Slowpoke very quickly and easily.
Slowpoke in Pokémon Go
Slowpoke is a dual type Water and Psychic Pokémon with a maximum CP of only 1226. It is vunlerable towards various types of counters such as Bug, Ghost, Grass, Electric and Dark because of its dual nature. This provides the trainers with a wide variety of options for fighting against Slowpoke and id one of the reasons why it is so easy to defeat.
The best moves from the moveset of Slowpoke include Confusion and Psychic with the combined DPS of 53.6. It is so the best combination which can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Some other decent attacks from it’s moveset are Water Gun, Psyshock and Water Pulse.
Best counters against Slowpoke in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Slowpoke and guarantee a win for themselves.
- Xurkitree: Thunder Shock/Thunder
- Pheromosa: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Gengar: Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Exeggutor: Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Exeggutor (Alola): Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Roserade: Bullet Seed/Solar
- Leafeon: Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Tapu Bulu: Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Porygon-Z: Charge Beam/Solar Beam
- Zapdos: Thunder Shock/Zap Cannon
- Hydreigon: Bite/Brutal Swing
- Groudon: Mud Shot/Solar Beam
- Sceptile: Fury Cutter/Frenzy Plant
- Tyranitar: Bite/Crunch
- Electivire: Thunder Shock/Wild Charge
- Breloom: Bullet Seed/Grass Knot
- Thundurus (Therian): Volt Switch/Thunderbolt
- Regigigas: Hidden Power/Giga Impact
- Haunter: Lick/Shadow Ball
- Luxray: Snarl/Wild Charge
- Zekrom: Charge Beam/Wild Charge
- Deoxys (Attack): Poison Jab/Dark Pulse
- Jolteon: Volt Switch/Thunderbolt
- Raikou: Thunder Shock/Thunderbolt
- Venusaur: Vine Whip/Solar Beam
- Sawsbuck: Feint Attack/Solar Beam
- Swasbuck (Winter): Feint Attack/ Solar Beam
- Zacian (Hero): Snarl/Wild Charge
- Deoxys (Normal): Charge Beam/Thunderbolt
- Houndoom: Snarl/Foul Play
- Vikavolt: Bug Bite/Discharge
- Manectric: Thunder Fang/Wild Charge
- Sirfetch’d: Fury Cutter/Leaf Blade
- Tangela: Vine Whip/Solar Beam
- Celebi: Magical Leaf/Leaf Storm
Slowpoke is such a Pokémon which is easily soloable by any player regardless of their experience. All they need to do is keep the right type of counters in their team even if they don’t exactly have the Pokémons stated above.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Slowpoke counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!