Hoopa Unbound falls under the dual-type category in Pokémon Go. It is a Psychic and Dark Pokemon and its primary counters are Bug and Fairy moves. Hoopa possesses alternate forms, in its default form it is Hoopa Confined after using the Prison Bottle it turns into Hoopa Unbound. The Pokemon is light purple in color and it is bipedal with six arms.
Hoopa Unbound in Pokémon Go
This dual-type Pokmon is an Elite Raid Boss and is available only during Elite Raid weekends. Bug-type Pokemon and Fairy-type Pokemon are the best kinds to fight against Hoopa Unbound. While heading out into a fight it is recommended to have a group of five trainers with a set of perfect counter moves.
Hoopa Unbound Movesets
Hoopa Unbound’s best moves are Confusion and Psychic. This move combination has the best DPS rating. During attacking and defending, Hoopa Unbound’s Confusion move has 15 DPS and the Psychic move has 38.6 DPS.
Best counters for Hoopa Unbound in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters against Hoopa Unbound in Pokémon Go.
- Scizor (Mega): Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Beedrill (Mega): Bug Bite Bug/X-Scissor
- Pheromosa: Bug Bite Bug/Bug Buzz
- Vikavolt: Bug Bite Bug/X-Scissor
- Yanmega: Bug Bite Bug/Bug Buzz
- Genesect (Douse): Fury Cutter Bug/X-Scissor
- Genesect (Normal): Fury Cutter Bug/X-Scissor
- Genesect (Burn): Fury Cutter Bug/X-Scissor
- Absol (Mega): Snarl Dark/Megahorn
- Pinsir: Bug Bite/X-Scissor
- Scyther: Fury Cutter/Bug Buzz
- Accelgor: Infestation/Bug Buzz
- Scizor: Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Escavalier: Bug Bite/Megahorn
- Golisopod: Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Durant: Bug Bite/X-Scissor
- Galvantula: Fury Cutter/Bug Buzz
- Heracross: Struggle Bug/Megahorn
- Leavanny: Bug Bite/X-Scissor
- Scolipede: Bug Bite/Megahorn
- Charizard (Mega Y): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Kartana: Razor Leaf Grass/X-Scissor
- Venomoth: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Gengar (Mega): Lick/Shadow Ball
- Buzzwole: Poison Jab/Fell Stinger
- Alakazam (Mega): Counter/Dazzling Gleam
- Ninjask: Fury Cutter/Bug Buzz
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Crustle: Fury Cutter Bug/X-Scissor
- Samurott: Fury Cutter/Megahorn
- Xurkitree: Thunder Shock/Dazzling Gleam
- Butterfree: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Latios (Mega): Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw
- Altaria (Mega): Dragon Breath/Dazzling Gleam
- Mothim: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
Remember to use these moves effectively against Hoopa Unbound. Also, keep in mind that the Pokemon can surprise you with two ghost-type moves Astonish and Shadow Ball so be careful.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Hoopa Unbound counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!