The mobile-exclusive legend is here and players can’t wait to master him already! Fade is the new addition to Apex Legends Mobile. He is packed with some extraordinary features to amaze his users. His real name is Ignacio Huamani, a 26-year-old Phasing Punisher from Solace. They have been at the receiving end of a remarkable amount of hype, with some leaks which have revealed the gameplay of Fade. In this guide, we shall cover everything you need to know about Fade in Apex Legends Mobile, which covers his history, perks, tips, and recommended squads to get along with him well. Although be aware, he is rude.
We have previously discussed how to master playing with other Apex Legends characters like Lifeline, Bloodhound, Octane, Wraith, Mirage, Pathfinder, Gibraltar, Bangalore, and Caustic. Therefore, players must make sure to check the past character guides as well. For now, let’s focus on Fade.
About Fade in Apex Legends Mobile
Ignacio always let his temper get the better of him. His family lived by hunting high-tech legacies. After years of searching, they found a forsaken bunker, where Ignacio found a mysterious simulacrum suit. However, as he wore the suit, his family was attacked by a bunch of mercs, who took advantage of the family’s treasure hunting skills and tried to rob them of what they found.
Ignacio turned on the suit and was teleported away by the Phase tech, but his family died in the hands of the mercs. Ignacio swore to avenge his family. Despite being afraid of the Phase tech, he knows that he needs it to join the Apex Games. Therefore, he mastered the suit and is now in the Apex World, luring enemies, and making them pay with flesh and blood.
Fade consists of abilities that have given them the advantage to him, as an individual and the team as a whole. The purpose of each of his abilities has been listed in detail.
Passive Ability – Slipstream
The Slipstream ability lets a player move at a slightly faster pace soon after a slide is performed. This minor movement boost can greatly improve the overall movement of the player, and it could get harder for opponents to land their shots properly. These benefits Fade from getting downed easily.
Tactical Ability – Flash Back
The FlashBack ability flashes players back to where they were a few seconds ago, with the use of the Void. This means that if they were in motion, they would move back by 3-4 seconds on activating this ability. This greatly contributes to an escape plan, or for players to confuse their enemies on the go.
Ultimate Ability – Phase Chamber
This ability releases a phase cage that sends all Legends into the Void. In clearer terms, when a player activates the Phase Chamber, an eerie breeze comes upon a small radius and turns anyone, who is within the radius, invisible. If an opponent is within the radius, he will turn invisible. But, players will be able to see his location. At the same time, if a player’s teammate is within the radius, he will benefit from the ability, as he will turn invisible and opponents will not be able to scout his location.
Perks and Finishers of Fade in Apex Legends Mobile
After the global release of Apex Legends Mobile, players can view a new set of perks for every Legend. It is completely different from what we had witnessed during the soft launch of the game. These perks are now split into three categories, which shall be discussed.
1. Renewed Purpose: Exiting Phase space triggers Surge.
2. Lingering Shadow: Surge leaves behind after-images that teammates can touch to obtain a speed boost.
3. Punisher’s Remorse: Flashback when knocked down.
- Battle Adaptation: Using a Finisher, one must add 100 points to one’s EVO Shield.
- Tactical Advantage: Using a Finisher recharges one’s Tactical Ability.
- Mag Subscription: Using a Finisher refills the ammo of the in-hand weapon and provides a weapon reload speed increase for 8 seconds.
- Pact of the Suit: During Flash Back, players will receive a short restoration of Shields.
- Phase Echo: Flash Back leaves behind after-images that teammates can touch for a speed boost.
- Lost in the Void: Players can stay inside a Phase Chamber for a longer time, but enemies inside the same won’t be scanned.
Recommended Teammates for Fade in Apex Legends Mobile
Fade is a semi-versatile Legend, where he can pair up with most of the Legends and is pretty user-friendly to use as well. In this Apex Legends Mobile guide, we have listed down two combinations with Fade included, that can be tried by players to have the perfect team to grind their games.
- Fade, Pathfinder, Bloodhound: This is a strategic combination overall, where each of the Legends covers almost every department, except defense. Fade can be the trump card to any and every escape plan. Hence, he can be used to run away from any situation. Pathfinder can be used for long rotations and his highly advantageous skill of locating the upcoming circles. Whereas, Bloodhound can be used for Intel and aggressiveness.
- Fade, Bangalore, Octane: The Bangalore-Fade combo could prove to be deadly. With further research into their abilities, players might have found that one can enable Bangalore’s Ultimate Ability right when Fade enables his Ultimate. This way, opponents would be under severe pressure and players can captivate the momentum and easily eliminate the targets. While Octane can chill out like he always does, he too plays a major role in team rotations. The speedster can also scout open areas and give the team a heads-up.
Apex Legends Mobile Fade Gameplay Tips
In this section of the guide, we will look at some tips and tricks to play with Fade in Apex Legends Mobile. Fade requires accurate use of abilities, which would be helpful for the team.
- Players should try to bring opponents to a small radius. When a player successfully brings his opponents together, regardless of the number, one can make use of Fade’s Phase Chamber and pull a lot of advantage to the side, by being able to view the enemy’s location, eventually finishing them off.
- Adding onto the above tip, players can run a Bangalore along with Fade, if there are many opponents to take care of. With her Ultimate Ability, the opponents within the radius will be damaged, and players still being able to view their location despite being invisible. It will become easier to take down a majority of them.
- Fade is easy to use, but hard to master. When it comes to his Ultimate ability, it becomes even harder. Therefore, they must try to play Fade in every game and get used to the Legend. After a point in time, players will learn to make use of their abilities at the right time.
Fade has proved to be a note-worthy legend for various reasons, but mainly due to the fact that he is mobile-exclusive. With the versatility that he has, it makes it easy for every level of players to get used to him. However, his Ultimate Ability needs to be focused on, as it requires precise timing. Overall, he is a legend with many beneficial perks, that help with the survival of both his team and himself.
That’s all for today’s Fade guide in Apex Legends Mobile. Do you prefer to use Fade in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!