In League of Legends: Wild Rift, Diana is a melee mage, commonly found in the mid lane. Diana, Scorn of the moon is an A-tier pick, who will mostly do magic damage. With an amazing team fight, ultimate Diana will dominate team fights, allowing her to be a menace in the mid and late game. Based on playing style, Diana is considered easy to play. In this guide, we will take a closer look at the best runes, spells, and builds including tips and tricks to fight your way to victory with Diana in League of Legends: Wild Rift.
We have previously discussed how to master playing with LoL Wild Rift heroes like Ammu, Master Yi, Jinx, Braum, Dr. Mundo, Akali, Yasuo, Singed, Jax, Darius, Ashe, Lulu, Miss Fortune, Blitzcrank, Teemo, Xayah, Rakan, Corki, Shyvana, Janna, Katarina, Leona, and Pantheon. So make sure to check these hero guides as well. For now, let’s focus on Diana.
Diana is a champion with the common five skill sets of one passive and four actives. In this Diana guide, we are going to see how her abilities in LoL Wild Rift work and when you should use which skill to be in the best shape in the current rank season.
Passive – Moonsilver blade
Diana’s auto attacks provide a stack for 3 and a half seconds, after gaining two stacks the next auto attack will cleave the next enemy and deal bonus magic damage. All current stacks are then consumed.
Skill 1 – Crescent strike
CD – 10 Mana – 55
- Diana launches a bolt of lunar energy in an arc that deals magic damage in a target location. All enemies inflicted by the crescent strike will be marked with moonlight lasting 3 seconds, revealing their location for 3 seconds.
- This poke and engage ability allows Diana to poke and trade from long distances. We will talk about this ability paired with her third ability (Lunar Rush) later on in the guide.
Skill 2 – Pale Cascade
CD – 14 Mana –70
- When this skill is cast Diana will shield herself for 5 seconds, three spheres will appear that rotate around her. These spheres will explode upon impact if they come into contact with any champion minion or monster.
- The shield is reapplied if all 3 spheres are detonated the new shield will add to the original shield. This allows all three spheres to detonate will give you the most value out of this ability.
Skill 3 – Lunar rush
CD – 22 Mana – 20
- Diana jumps to an enemy champion dealing magic damage. If champions marked will moonlight from her Crescent strike are dashed to the cooldown on her Lunar rush is reset and all moonlight on that enemy consumed. This allows Diana to be incredibly nimble and effective in team fights.
- For the next three attacks, Diana gains 45% attack speed for four seconds. This ability should be used to engage and disengage when paired with her crescent strike.
Skill 4 – Moonfall
CD – 80 Mana – 100
- Moonfall, a channelling AOE devastating ultimate. The longer this ability is held the greater the area of effect, Enemies in this ultimate are pulled towards the centre on release as the ultimate expands, dealing massive magic damage.
- This ability can change a team fight and is amazing for assassinations. This ability slows and applies moonlight making Diana extremely nimble after cast allowing her to dash between enemies with her Lunar Rush dealing even more magic damage.
Skill Up Methods for Diana
Prioritise your ultimate, unlock your first ability first (Crescent strike) then level it up until max. Next your second ability (Pale Cascade) and finally your third ability (Lunar Rush).
Best Runes Setup and Spells for Diana in League of Legends: Wild Rift
This is the standard guide Runes Setup that should be for Diana in Wild Rift. However, some runes can also be considered and swapped in some situation.
- Electrocute: Hitting a champion with three separate attacks or abilities deals bonus adaptive damage (30-184 + 40% bonus). This rune can be easily cast due to Diana’s large array of abilities which can be the case in quick succession (for example the three spheres on her Pale Cascade) this allows Diana to have an additional poke in the lane.
- Brutal: This rune grants 7 bonus attack damage and 2% armour. Penetration or 14% Ability power and 2% bonus magic penetration. This gives Diana an effective early game however Hunter Vampirism allows Diana to scale a lot better providing more value after a couple of takedowns if you are confident with Diana take Hunter Vampirism otherwise Brutal is always a safe rune to play.
- Hunter Titan: Provides 20 additional health, unique champion takedowns provide 20 max health and 4% tenacity. This rune is amazing for late-game if Diana can get many takedowns in her early game, she will scale into an unstoppable assassin.
- Sweet tooth: Increases honey fruit healing by 25% and each fruit gives 20 gold. Diana lacks sustain in lane hence this rune is essential for her providing her with additional healing and a slight bit of extra gold.
- Teleports a short distance in a chosen direction, this can be used as an engage or disengage tool for Diana pairing well with her ultimate.
- Flash into unsuspecting enemies from an unawarded bush or fog of war and activate her ultimate pairing this with her abilities will allow her to get easy kills on low health enemies.
- This also makes up for Diana’s lack of disengage. These summoner spells can be cast over walls hence making it great for escaping.
Like Diana, one needs to do everything one can to kill the opponent and Ignite adds kill pressure.
Best Builds for Diana in Wild Rift
The below set of items can be set as a guide template build for Diana in Wild Rift. Besides the standard items, here are some of the items that should be considered as well.
Rod of Ages
- One of the best scaling items for Diana providing 250 max health, 60 ability power and 300 maximum mana. This item provides 6 Magic damage 10 mana and 20 health over time.
- This stacks ten times for once every one minute and thirty seconds making it amazing for scaling into the late game.
A solid item providing 50% attack speed, 70 ability power and 25 ability haste, making Diana quick and nimble while able to dish out large amounts of damage in short amounts of time. This item paired with her 3rd ability lunar rush allows Diana to attack incredibly fast.
- This is a great boot for Diana providing her with 8% physical vamp and 8% Magic damage providing good sustain which Dianna lacks in her abilities.
- Stasis works very well with Diana’s ultimate allowing her to deal massive damage, slow and pull enemies into her and then go invulnerable while her team finishes of enemies who have been sucked into her ultimate making it great for team-fights.
It provides 300 base health and 70 ability power, also gives Diana 15% magic penetration and applies Grievous Wounds which makes this item exceptionally good against champions like Soraka Sona and Mundo, who have large amounts of healing.
It provides 130 ability power and increases ability power by 40%. This allows Diana to do insane amounts of damage and assassinate any low health champions on the enemy team almost instantly. Considering the item is ahead in gold, one should purchase this item before Morellonomicon.
Provides 70 Ability power and 40% Magic penetration, this is an amazing late-game item that allows Diana to penetrate through any magic defence the enemy has built.
League of Legends: Wild Rift Diana Gameplay tips
Diana is an assassin with high amounts of magic damage the best lane for Diana is the mid lane however can be played in the jungle and Baron Lane. We can break down Diana’s gameplay into two major components, her Matchups and Roaming.
You need to take the right runes for your corresponding matchups, for example, taking a brutal against a difficult lane matchup whereas taking Vamp against an easy lane matchup. Diana’s worst champions to face are Ahri, Akali, Annie, and Corki. Against these champions, one must play incredibly safe and just farm minions. Taking risky trades or engage without your jungle should be avoided. All of these champs except Annie, have significant meta dominance, which will result in a loss if you were to engage.
On the other hand, Zed and Lux both have a hard time dealing with Dianna. One should remember to take the Vamp rune and play aggressively. Zoning them away from as many minions as possible and out-trade them using the ranged abilities of Diana. Her skill matchups consist of Yasuo and Orianna. Both are being dependant on the skill of the player and its enemy, when laning against these champions, play to the best of the ability of the champion.
It is necessary to keep a check the map. As a mid lane champion, it is a responsibility to gank lanes throughout the game, which Diana is perfect for. Once level 5, check the map and look at your two lanes.
The Ultimate is amazing for ganks. One could use the first and 3rd abilities to jump onto unsuspecting support and ADC or Baron Laner.
Decimating them with your ultimate is the way to go, but one should remember to ping your lane that you are on your way. Doing this throughout the match will put the player lanes ahead of the enemy and will also develop the Vamp and Hunter Titan Rune, making Diana amazing in the late game.
Diana is an easy-to-play mobile assassin who can provide huge amounts of magic damage and change the tide of team fights. Make sure to constantly gank lanes with your first, third, and ultimate abilities to get Diana lanes ahead of the game, which is invaluable in the long run allowing one’s team to win team fights and take objectives.
Diana has the potential to dominate team fights at dragon and snowball throughout the game becoming an unstoppable force. When playing Diana, you should make sure to follow the tips and tricks in this guide, to scale and become as strong as possible.
That’s all for today’s League of Legends: Wild Rift Diana Guide. Do you prefer to use Diana in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!