In League of Legends: Wild Rift, Pantheon is a flexible fighter capable of taking all roles (including Baron Lane, Mid Lane, Jungler, and Support) except the ADC role since of course, he can’t be ranged. His strengths revolve around his simple kit that has the potential to contribute greatly in all stages of the game; he has a targeted stun, a global teleport ultimate ability just like Twisted Fate, deals decent damage, and can soak lots of damage despite not building many defensive items. In this guide, we will take a closer look at the best runes, spells, and builds, including tips and tricks to fight your way to victory with Pantheon in League of Legends: Wild Rift
We also have previously discussed how to master playing with LoL Wild Rift heroes like Ammu, Master Yi, Jinx, Braum, Dr. Mundo, Akali, Yasuo, Singed, Jax, Darius, Ashe, Lulu, Miss Fortune, Blitzcrank, Teemo, Xayah, Rakan, Corki, Shyvana, Janna, Katarina, and Leona. So make sure to check these hero guides as well. For now, let’s focus on this guide of Pantheon.
Pantheon is a champion with the common five skill sets of one passive and four actives. In this Pantheon guide, we are going to see how his abilities in LoL Wild Rift work and when you should use which skill to be in the best shape in the current rank season.
Passive – Mortal Will
After 5 attacks or abilities, Pantheon’s next basic ability is enhanced.
- This affects Pantheon greatly. Using the right enhanced ability in the right situation is very vital in using him effectively.
Skill 1- Comet Spear
Tap Cast: Stabs forward, dealing 55 physical damage (55+100% bonus AD). Refunds 50% of Comet’s Spear’s cooldown.
Charged Cast: Hurls the spear, dealing the same damage to the first enemy hit and 50% less to subsequent targets. Enemies below 35% Health are critically hit for 110 physical damage (110 % 150% bonus AD) instead.
Mortal Will: Deals an additional 20 physical damage (20+100% bonus AD) and slows by 30% for 1.5 seconds. Damage to minions reduced by 20%
- This ability is Pantheon’s main damage source. It is used in last-hitting minions efficiently, poking the enemy, and constantly used in fights. Remember, it deals high damage when an enemy is low health, including champions and strong monsters like Dragon and Baron.
- Doing a Smite then Ability 1 deals big damage which can win smite fights on objectives. Moreover, the order of Smite + Ability 1 is very important. Using Ability 1 first will not process the critical and will mess up the burst. Also, estimate if the damage of the burst is exact to secure the objective. But remember to always use Smite first!
Skill 2 – Shield Vault
Dash to an enemy, stunning for 1 second and dealing 65 physical damage (65 + 100% AP). Mortal Will: Follows up with an attack that strikes 3 times, dealing a total of 79 physical damage (135% AD).
- Empowered Ability 2 resets Pantheon’s basic attack timer.
- The ability can be dodged if the target moves 800 units away.
- Pantheon will attempt to basic attack the target at the end of the leap.
- Remember that using this ability will secure an Ability 1 hit if tapped.
- Also, this ability is a great setup tool for bigger skillshots or abilities. The 1 second is enough for a Blitzcrank hook for example, to land.
Skill 3 – Aegis Assault
Block all incoming damage from a direction for 1.5 seconds and deal 58 physical damage (100% AD) to nearby enemies. In the end slam, forward, and deal 60 physical damage (60 +150% bonus AD).
Mortal Will: Block for 2.5 seconds and deal 87 physical damage (167% AD) over the duration instead.
- A very important ability that can be used to waste big enemy abilities and even block turret shots for turret dives.
Skill 4 – Grand Starfall
Gather strength to leap high into the air, crashing down at the target area for a few seconds later. Deals up to 300 magic damage (300 + 100%) to enemies in a line. Grand Starfall instantly readies Mortal Will. Damage is decreased by up to 50% at the edges of the landing area.
- A very good global ability which is effective in roams. It synergizes exceptionally well Camille ult and Twisted Fate ult as well.
- Remember that you using this ability successfully will give you a Full-stacked passive.
- Also, you can get stunned or knocked-up while casting your ult, canceling your ult, and putting it to a lower cooldown.
Skill Up Methods for Pantheon
Skill up the Ultimate whenever it is available. Regarding other skills, upgrade the 1st skill, then the 3rd skill, and lastly the 2nd skill.
Best Runes Setup and Spells for Pantheon in Wild Rift
This is the standard guide Runes Setup that should be for Pantheon in Wild Rift. However, some runes can also be considered and swapped in some situation:
- Electrocute– this rune will be used on Assassin Pantheon for more burst. Moreover, it synergizes well with Pantheon since he can easily process it with his abilities.
- Aftershock– can be used for Support Pantheon for stronger engages.
- Gathering Storm– ideal for very bad matchups so you can somehow scale.
- Hunter-Vampirisim– also viable especially on easy matchups where you can get many kills and stacks.
- Triumph– if you like it, it can also be used.
- Weakness– viable for Support Pantheon if you’re looking for more utility
- Backbone– more early game bulkiness, viable if you’re looking to end the game asap.
- Conditioning– ideal for very bad matchups for the same reason as Gathering Storm.
- Loyalty- good for Support Pantheon.
- Regeneration– good against Ranged matchups like Kennen or Mages.
- Pathfinder– can be good for Support Pantheon.
- Sweet Tooth- viable if you like the rune.
- Pack Hunter- can be good for Support Pantheon especially if you like roaming.
- Manaflow Band- also viable if you like the mana it gives, also it helps you stay in lane for longer on easy matchups since mana will be your only issue.
It is very important since Pantheon’s only reliable mobility tool is his Ability 2 which is targeted and can’t really be used when running away unless there’s a minion or a monster nearby.
Since Pantheon is supposed to be an early game champion. You have to do everything you can to kill your opponent and Ignite adds kill pressure.
Take when you’re jungling. It deals true damage to the target large or medium monster, enemy minion, or pet and heals you when cast against large monsters.
Best Builds for Pantheon in Wild Rift
The below set of items can be set as a guide template build for Pantheon in Wild Rift Besides the standard items, here are some of the items that should be considered as well.
- Youmuu’s Ghosblade – Very good offensive option since it synergizes well with your kit especially your Ability 2.
- Duskblade of Draktharr– Good item for Assassin Pantheon for more burst.
- Mortal Reminder– Provides anti-healing and lets you pierce enemy champions that are building Armor.
- Black Cleaver – Provides a good utility that both you and your team can use. Good standalone item as well and provides decent bulk. Moreover, it provides a Cooldown reduction. Perfect item for Pantheon.
- Maw of Malmortius – Counters Magic damage while providing decent damage.
- Death’s Dance – Gives you decent bulk and the passive is good for soaking damage. Also gives Cooldown reduction and decent damage.
- Umbral Glaive -Vital for Jungle and Support Pantheon due to its passive. Also provides good damage.
- Executioner’s Calling – Can be bought early for the anti-heal.
- Guardian Angel – The resurrects passive lets you soak a decent amount of damage and make big engages with dying.
- Streak’s Gage – Gives decent bulk and offensive stats.
- Randuin’s Omen – Gives strong resistance to physical damage. Also, it counters Critical damage from champions like Yasuo, Tryndamere, and ADCs.
- Thornmail – Gives decent resistance to physical damage. The passive is also nice considering the damaged return and the anti-heal.
- Deadman’s Plate – Gives you decent resistances to physical damage and the movement speed passive synergizes well with your Ability 2.
- Zeke’s Convergence – Good support item.
Any boots is good depending on the situation. However, Boots of Ludicity is best if no defenses should prioritized.
Any enchantment can work but Righteous Glory, Teleport, and Zhonya enchantment suit his kit best. Locket and Redemption enchantment is also good for Support Pantheon.
League of Legends: Wild Rift Pantheon Gameplay Tips
Pantheon is an Attack Damage fighter that relies heavily on his abilities to deal damage, soak damage and disable the foe. The strength of his kit simply revolves around hitting them and using them in the right situations. Pantheon’s priority stats are: Attack Damage>Armor Pen>CD Reduction. So select your items with these stats, so he will show his full potential.
Pantheon can have different playstyles depending on the enemy composition. The runes and the build setup will be charged accordingly to the playstyle of Pantheon, however little information about itemization and runes is in this section so do check the other parts of this Wild Rift guide. Our League of Legends: Wild Rift Pantheon guide includes the perfect game plan to play according to your suitable playstyle, and utilizing Pantheon’s gameplay at the same time.
With this setup, you should be getting the Conqueror rune and prioritize Attack Damage, Health, and Cooldown Reduction items since you will be needing it. The job of Bruiser Pantheon is simple, deal damage at the same time, soak damage. Also, you should use your Ability 3 smartly in order to soak damage, or else you will be missing out on a lot.
If you can anticipate huge abilities incoming like Ezreal Ult or Seraphine Ult, you can block it for your team. Don’t be afraid to lead your team into team fights and casting Ability 2 into the middle of the fight as long as it’s a valuable target and pick. Additionally, casting your Ult into the middle of the fight is also possible, you can hit a lot of people and it will disorganize the enemy positioning. Also, you can Ability 2 the moment you land.
With this setup, you will ideally get the Electrocute rune and stack Lethality which is very effective against squishies. Instead of going to the fight head-on, Assassin Pantheon’s job is to clean-up the fights. Moreover, good positioning to pick-off ideal targets like ADCs and Mages is a must.
In using this setup, you must never go first into the fight unless you have a Zhonya enchanment or a Guardian Angel, or else let your teammates tank and soak damage for you and go when there’s a possible pick.
With this setup, you will still build damage. It might sound odd but it has been a thing in League of Legends PC for years. However, your build is will be slightly different since you will need to provide utility for your team. Your main rune will still be Conqueror, however, your first two items must be Umbral Glaive and Black Cleaver. Also, you will need to smartly select the targets you Ability 2 since it is most likely that your team will follow-up when you do so.
Most of the time, you should also be aware of using your Ult to respond to your teammates since you’re supporting them. This is a thing with Pantheon in general, but in Support Pantheon, responding to your teammates in need is very vital. Finally, protecting your team’s carry(s) is also very important to use your Ability 3 or just body block if it’s in cooldown.
As a jungler, you will be looking into 2 important jobs: securing objectives and helping your team via ganks, helping on managing their waves, or responding in fights. Your build can be really flexible and will just depend on what your team needs. Take note of Smite + Ability 1 combo which is very important.
Pros and Cons of Pantheon
- Targetable Stun
- High Map Pressure
- Good 1v1 potential
- Lane Bully at an early stage
- Few Real Counters
- Long Range Execute
- Weak at 5v5 Fight
- Weak if behind
- Mana Hungry at an early stage
- May struggle against Tanks
- Must Win the lane
Matchups for Pantheon in Wild Rift
This section will be divided into 3 parts depending on their threat. Tiny translates to very easy match-ups, Even is a skill matchup while Major threats are champions that beat you for some reason like countering your kit and out scaling you. You can find the champion easily by using the Word search function (Ctrl + F in PC). We will suggest you the best matchup combo guides for Pantheon in Wild Rift.
Mages are known for their range and zoning capabilities. However, Pantheon can skip through this stuff using his Ability 1 to farm. Also, he can easily gap close mages like Aurelion Sol and Orianna with his Ability 2 and disengage using his Ability 3 resulting in a free poke. Farm and trade safely, and when you have your Ult, roam using your Ult.
Abuse Garen and kill him early game even if it means turret diving him. Getting help from your jungler is big as well. However, consider Garen’s ability 2 since it gives him extreme bulk for a few seconds and shortens your Ability 2 stun. A good play on the laning phase is baiting his Ability 2 out then engaging him again since it has a very long cooldown. Don’t forget to roam when you have the chance. Finally, remember that you can block his Ult with your Ability 3.
Yasuo is a very easy match-up. Abuse him and kill him early and poke him until he’s low enough for an all-in. Be aware of his Ability 2 though since it can block your Ability 1 even if it’s just tapped. You can easily destroy his passive with your Ability 1. You can fight him in any phase of the game if you know what you’re doing. Use
Teemo is a very easy match-up since you can block his Ability 1 and all-in him no matter what situation. Poke him with your Ability 1 and kill him when you have the chance. Buying the Lens trinket is important once Teemo hits level 5 since it will make his traps useless.
Jax is stronger than you after Level 5, so abuse it. Also baiting his Ability 3 out is key to outrading him. Both your Ability 3’s can block damage but Jax can only block basic attacks while yours can block anything, however, take note that Jax ability 3 lasts for a while but has a long cooldown. Once Jax hits level 5, it will be a hassle to 1 v 1 him so instead kill his teammates and roam with your Ult.
You can block lots of Katarina damage with your Ability 3 and you can poke her to death in the laning phase with your Ability 1. Once she hits level 5, she’s still no threat since you can easily cancel her ult with your Ability 2. Also, be there when she resorts to roaming to shut her down entirely.
Olaf used to be strong early, but now he cannot beat you anymore. Poke him with Ability 1 and block his damage with your Ability 3. When he uses his Ult, use your Ability 3 to make him look stupid. Building Executioner’s Calling can be good as well.
Don’t get caught Singed on his Ability 1 and you’ll do fine. Poke him safely and engage anytime, you will steal the win. Consider buying Hexdrinker to shut his threat entirely. As long as you don’t mess up your early game, you will win.
Outpoke Wukong before engaging him with your Ability 2. Make sure to not waste any ability or ignite to his clones. Also, he can cancel your Ability 2 with his Ult. Block his abilities with your Ability 3 smartly and he will not beat you.
Zone Kennen hard from his farm and pretty much force him to scavenge for last hits with his max range Q. Destroy Kennen with your Ability 2 when gets close since his Ability 3 does nothing against a targeted stun gap closer.
Outpoke her by dodging Camille Ability 2 and hitting your Ability 1 successfully. If she casts her Ult on you, waste some of her damage by casting your Ability 3. Also, dodging her Ability 3 is huge. Moreover, be aware that getting close to her will let her use her passive so be careful. She can be a problem since she can split push your turrets fast when you roam. Use smart judgment when fighting her.
Consider buying Darius‘s Executioner’s Calling and Ninja Tabi. Outspoken him since your range gives you an advantage. Don’t let him get last hits and get in range with you. Moreover, you can block his Ult with your Ability 3.
Don’t get poked by Akali‘s Ability 1 and dodge her Ability 3 unless you’re baiting her for a gank. When she successfully hits Ability 3 however and decides to engage you, you can hit Ability 2 to her to stun her mid-air. Use your best judgment on what ability you will dodge especially since saving Ability 3 for her Ult can be smart too. Your roaming potential is your advantage against her, use it.
Gragas can cancel your Ability 2 with his Ability 3 so be careful. Also, dodging his Ability 3 is huge since it gets a long cooldown when it misses. Moreover, his Ability 2 can deny some of your damage and has good sustain with his Passive. Another important tip is that when his Ability 1 and Ability 3 reach some of their AoE behind you when you are casting Ability 3, it will still deal damage so be careful.
You own Zed pre-level 5 so abuse it. Deny him last hits, poke him and kill him when he’s low enough. After level 5, it can be a problem since it requires some outplaying like dodging his Ability 1 to win 1 v 1. Also, be careful when engaging him when he has Ult since he can easily dodge your Ability 2.
You own Nasus the early game but after that, it’s over. Use this short advantage and make most of it by denying him last hits and roaming when you have the chance to punish him for hugging his turret. Unfortunately, he has built-in sustain so you can’t poke him that much effect. Moreover, he out scales you hard so make sure not to fight him 1 v 1 in the later stages of the game.
Tryndamere has the same situation with Nasus but he can kill you early if you play bad.
You can poke Malphite since he has a shield that almost has the same cooldown with your Ability 1 early. Also, he has natural Armor from his Ability 2 which messes up your damage output against him. However, you can block most of his damage with your Ability 3. He can farm safely, but he will outscore you. Terrible matchup.
Jarvan IV, the champion generally counters your engage since he can punish you on your bad engages but he isn’t a champ that will beat you up in the lane.
One of his worst matchups is Fiora since she can outscale you and at the same time beat your early game. In other words, she own you. Never pick Pantheon into Fiora unless you like punishing yourself or giving yourself handicap. However, if you end up facing her, make sure to not use your Ability 2 blindly and always acknowledge her Ability 2. Moreover, don’t let her hit her Passives on you for free. You can reset the angle of her passive by getting away from her for a few seconds. Try to survive early game and find opportunities in other lanes.
Also one of his worst matchups, Vayne for the same reason as Fiora. Be careful since she can cancel your Ability 2 with her Ability 3. She can easily dodge your Ability 1, with her Ability 1. Overall just a bad matchup. Try to survive the early game and find opportunities in other lanes.
As Pantheon, you must capitalize on your strengths to get stronger as the game progresses. Moreover, he doesn’t do well against multiple enemy champions at a time as he does in one on one matchups. Also, when facing more than one enemy trying to gang up on you, head back since he’s susceptible to crowd control and can easily be taken out when least expected. However, as a final measure do remember these tips:
- Pantheon isn’t great in team fights. Look for picks and try to skirmish as much as you can. Limit 5v5 team fights.
- Don’t waste your Ability 3 randomly.
- At Level 3, his full rotation deals tons of damage. He can 100 – 0, especially with Ignite.
- Never Start with Ability 2 unless you can secure a First Blood via invading.
To be a pro in Pantheon in Wild Rift, one needs to practice more and more with good knowledge of skills and their effects, so that the skill can be used with precision, and if stuck don’t hesitate to fall back to this guide for tips.
That’s all for today’s League of Legends: Wild Rift Pantheon Guide. Do you prefer to use Pantheon in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.