Genshin Impact has just released the 2.7 Update and the update is about to change the meta. After the introduction of Kuki Shinobu and Yelan, the number of characters is going to reach 50. With such a big pool of units, it can be quite difficult to select the best. With the onset of the 2.7 Update, our Genshin Impact tier list, ranking them from best to worst based on overall aspects and power.
It is to be noted that Kuki Shinobu and Yelan will be added to the Tier list at a later date after we have played and tested them in the game.
Genshin Impact 2.7 Update: Present condition of the game
Currently, the hardest content in the game is Spiral Abyss, which can be cleared by nearly all the characters, depending upon the investment and time spent on farming artifacts. However, a top-tier unit like Ayaka will be suitable for the Main DPS role and will require less investment, as compared to a competitive Razor DPS. While Razor is also a good unit and can dish out a significant amount of damage, to reach the damage numbers of top units like Ayaka, likes of Hu Tao requires a lot of investment and synergy.
Aside from investment which comes from the raw power of said units, characters like Ayaka, Ganyu have very high base stats, which is compared to a lot of units. They have high-skill multipliers. All of these factors were considered when making this tier list.
Genshin Impact 2.7 Tier List
Characters fulfill roles in a team and fall into one or more of the three categories, which are Main DPS, Sub DPS, and Support. Some characters are potent in all roles like the Electro Archon, and Raiden Shogun is a SS tier in all the categories, because of her well-rounded kit.
It is to be noted that a high tier means that the character is better than lower-placed characters, in terms of damage, versatility at the same amount of investment, and performs at a higher level regardless of teammates. A lower-tier character doesn’t necessarily mean that the character is bad, but is an indicator of the character working in niche teams/situations or better alternatives are available in the game. Lastly, the characters are not ranked within their own tier.
|Overpowered (SS)||Hu Tao||Ayato||Raiden Shogun||–||Ayaka, Ganyu||Itto|
|Strong (S)||Diluc, Klee, Yoimiya||Childe||Razor, Keqing, Yae Miko||Xiao||Shenhe, Eula||Ningguang|
|Good (A)||Xiangling||Kokomi, Mona||Fischl, Beidou||Kazuha||Kaeya||Zhongli, Traveller, Noelle, Albedo|
|Average (B)||Thoma, Yanfei||–||Lisa, Traveller||Traveller, Jean, Venti||Chongyun, Rosaria||Gorou, Yun Jin|
|Weak (C)||Amber, Xinyan, Bennett||Xingqiu, Barbara||Kujou Sara||Sayu, Sucrose||Aloy, Qiqi, Diona||–|
- Hu Tao: Hu Tao is a high single target, which is dealing DPS and due to her being a pyro character, she has access to vaporize and melt reactions, which gives her insane damage potential. Paired with her high damage normal, her high damage elemental burst makes her an unstoppable force in various situations.
- Ayaka: A high damaging attack, impressive elemental burst, and high utility with elemental skill. Not only, she does have a high damage ceiling but her simple playstyle and highly flexible team compositions make her one of the most sought-after characters in the game.
- Raiden Shogun: The electro archon at her release seemed underwhelming, due to electro being one of the weakest elements in the game. But her well-rounded kit, absurd energy recharge abilities, and incredible damage with both elemental skills and burst make her one of the best characters in all situations.
|Overpowered (SS)||Xiangling||Xingqiu||Raiden Shogun||Kazuha|
|Strong (S)||Bennett, Hu Tao||Mona, Childe||Beidou, Yae Miko, Fischl||Venti||Snehe, Rosaria||Zhongli, Albedo|
|Good (A)||Kokomi||Kujou Sara||Jean||Chongyun, Kaeya||Traveller|
|Average (B)||Xinyan, Thoma||Lisa||Aloy, Diona|
- Xingqiu: A top-tier sub DPS since his introduction to the game, the boy from Liyue is the best friend of various DPS. He has a continuous hydro application offield. He also deals a decent amount of damage with elemental burst making him a character who cannot be ignored.
- Xiangling: Hu Tao is one of the best damage dealers in the game, who is suffering from the fact that her damage is a single target. Xiangling outdoes her by dealing damage to multiple enemies and also has offield damage capabilities with both elemental skills and damage. She is one of the mainstays of various Spiral abyss teams, especially, the famous National team. Paired with hydro characters like Xingqiu and Childe, she can do reverse vapes that deal a lot of damage. Being a base 4 star, getting her constellations is easier in comparison to other characters making her a top pick.
- Kazuha: The sword-wielding character from Inazuma character is one of the best support characters in the game, along with Venti. But, his damage multipliers make him a top-tier sub-DPS character. His elemental burst allows for a good amount of overtime, on top of the Viridescent Venerer bonus.
|Overpowered (SS)||Bennett||Xingqiu||Raiden Shogun||Kazuha, Venti||–||Zhongli|
|Strong (S)||–||Kokomi||Kujou Sara||Jean||Diona, Snehe||Yun Jin, Gorou|
|Good (A)||Thoma||–||Traveller||Sucrose, Sayu||–||Traveller, Noelle|
- Bennett: A four-star who is always regarded as a pseudo-five-star, Bennett is the best support character hands down. He fills the multiple roles as a support, providing damage boost, healing, elemental reactions, and dealing damage when required.
- Venti: Venti, the Anemo archon is a very strong character that is easy to build. He provides crowd control, shreds enemy resistance, and is easy to use.
- Zhongli: Another Archon on the list, Zhongli has the strongest shield in the game, and paired with Geo abilities and the Geo elemental resonance he has high damage output. Moreover, his Jade Shield ability shreds resistance which increases the damage potential of party members.
As stated earlier, most of the characters are viable in Genshin Impact. The purpose of this tier list is to make the lives of the readers easier. The decision of building characters lies solely in the hand of the players. Genshin Impact is a game, where players take try things at their own pace. It is important to have fun since a lot of content in the game is not hard. Therefore, players can feel free to build characters, as long as it fits their playstyle.
That’s all for today’s guide about Genshin Impact 2.7 Tier List for June 2022! Let us know your opinions in the comment section below!