In League of Legends: Wild Rift, Kha’Zix is a Void assassin champion played in the jungle, known for his strong burst on isolated targets, slipperiness, and mobility which works the best on uncoordinated enemy teams. His kit features a very unique mechanic which is his evolution. He is capable of evolving any of his four abilities every time he gets a point on his ultimate and if he wins an in-game event when he’s against his nemesis, Rengar. Reap your foes and let them embrace fear as you play Kha’Zix in the rift! In this guide, we will take a closer look at the best runes, spells, and builds, including his evolution setups, tips, and tricks to fight your way to victory with Kha’Zix in LoL: Wild Rift.
We also have previously discussed how to master playing with LoL Wild Rift heroes like Ammu, Master Yi, Jinx, Braum, Dr. Mundo, Akali, Yasuo, Singed, Jax, Darius, Ashe, Lulu, Miss Fortune, Blitzcrank, Teemo, Xayah, Rakan, Corki, Shyvana, Janna, Katarina, Leona, Pantheon, Diana, Galio, Fiora, Rammus, Sona, Kai’Sa, and Rengar. So make sure to check these hero guides as well. For now, let’s focus on Kha’Zix.
Kha’Zix is a champion with the common five skill sets of one passive and four actives. In this Kha’Zixguide, we are going to see how his abilities in LoL: Wild Rift work and when you should use which skill to be in the best shape in the current rank season.
Passive – Unseen Threat
Enhances next attack against enemy champions to deal an additional 14 magic damage (14 + 40 bonus AD) and slow by 25% for 2 seconds. Unseen Threat is refreshed when the enemy team loses sight of Kha’Zix.
- This ability is designed to work along with his ultimate. Every time Kha’Zix uses his ultimate, Unseen Threat can be used again.
- The slow secure Void Spike to hit.
Ability 1 – Taste Their Fear
Slashes with his claws, dealing 65 physical damage (65 + 130% bonus AD). If the target is isolated, the damage is increased by 110%. Evolve – Reaper Claws: Attacks and Taste Their Fear gain 50 range and 45% of Taste Their Fear’s cooldown is refunded against isolated targets.
- Units without allied units or structures nearby are isolated.
- With Mastermind, Taste Their Fear can burst an isolated objective (Dragon, Rift Herald, or Baron) from at least 1300 health.
- It can be used mid-air his Ability 3.
Ability 2 – Void Spike
Fires spikes that deal 80 physical damage (80 + 100 bonus AD). Heals himself for 55 (55 + 50% AP) if he is within the explosion. Evolve – Spike Racks: Fires two additional spikes and slows enemies by 60% for 2 seconds.
- The slow from Evolve- Spike Racks is very strong, especially since it can hit lots of enemies in one cast. Abuse it as a poke in team fights, and it can potentially set up other key abilities from allies so use it smartly.
- It can be used almost mid-air Ability 3, though it only works by the time Kha’Zix has almost landed.
Ability 3 – Leap
Leaps to a target area, dealing 65 physical damage (65 + 20% bonus AD). Evolve – Wings: Gains 250 range on Leap. Leap’s cooldown is reset on champion takedowns.
- When evolved, it is possible to leap again mid-air if the reset is procced. It’s mostly possible by using Ability 1 mid-air as mentioned before.
Ability 4 – Void Assault
Passive: Each rank in Void Assault allows Kha’Zix to evolve one of his abilities. Active: Becomes invisible and gains 40% Movement Speed for 1.25 seconds. Void Assault can be cast again within 10 seconds. Evolve- Adaptive Cloaking: Invisibility is increased to 2 seconds and can be cast up to three times.
- Kha’Zix invisibility works different from Evelyn and Teemo’s camouflage in a sense that coming close to enemy champions doesn’t reveal you, making jukes very possible.
- It can be used to move between brushes in order to confuse the enemy.
- As mentioned before, this ability synergizes well with his passive as well as the item, Duskblade of Draktharr which will be discussed further in the guide.
Skill Up Methods for Kha’Zix
In any given situation, you are supposed to max out Ability 1 first, it is your main damaging tool and it will be your main tool in clearing camps fast as well. Next, you either max Ability 2 or 3 depending on the situation, against many melee champions, max Ability 2 first since you can use the healing much more effectively while max Ability 3 second against many ranged champions since the gap closer will be needed more frequently. Take his Ability 4 when available which are expected on levels 5, 9, and 13.
We recommend evolving Ability 1 first on Kha’Zix for the strong dueling power spike at level 5. For Ability 2, we recommend evolving it second on Kha’Zix at level 9. For Ability 3, we recommend evolving it at level 13 or at level 9 if you are really fed in the early game (10+ kills). Evolving Ability 4 is only good in high elo where people understand how Kha’Zix isolation works, therefore we don´t recommend evolving Ability 4 unless you are high elo (Diamond 1+), if you are high elo you should evolve your Ability 4 at level 5.
Best Runes Setup and Spells for Kha’Zix in Wild Rift
- Electrocute – for Assassin Kha’Zix, this will be the main rune. It will help in bursting targets.
- Conqueror – when against tanks and fighters, Assassin Kha’Zix will not work, thus the Bruiser Kha’Zix. With this rune, you’ll get stronger the longer you fight enemies which will be the case against tanks and fighters.
- Brutal – standard domination rune for Kha’Zix and the most effective at most cases.
- Gathering Storm – take it if you are looking for more scaling and power in the late game. This will be the most viable option if you are against a hard matchup and expect to be very weak early.
- Hunter – Vampirism – works amazingly on Bruiser Kha’Zix. The healing it provides will give Kha’Zix more sustain to tank and soak damage in teamfights.
- Champion – good rune for Kha’Zix in general, though keep in mind that dying twice removes the rune’s effect completely. Take it if you’re confident.
- Hunter– Titan – synergizes well with Kha’Zix in whole. It is the most viable rune since you are looking forward to killing enemy champions as much as possible, though in case the tenacity it provides is not needed, you can opt to the other option.
- Spirit Walker – take it if Hunter-Titan is not needed.
- Mastermind – it’s a must have on junglers since it makes objectives much more rewarding, especially since junglers are expected to be all throughout the map. Also, it boost the damage on objectives when they are isolated making Ability 1 + Smite burst from at least 1300 health possible.
- Hunter-Genius – if you don’t like Mastermind in general, take this.
Best Summoner Spells
- Flash: It is the best rune for Kha’Zix and you would not want to replace it with anything else. Flash + Ability 2 makes he engages more deadly. Also, it provides him another escape option.
- Ignite: Gives Kha’Zix more kill pressure which he can use both in the laning phase and in roaming.
- Smite: It is a must-have when jungling.
Best Builds for Kha’Zix in Wild Rift
Here is the standard template item setup guide for Kha’Zix in Wild Rift, this build has everything Kha’Zix needs which are Attack Damage, Lethality or Armor Penetration, Ability Haste, and Health for Bruiser Kha’Zix. However, these items can be interchanged and even be replaced depending on the game and personal preference. Here’s the more detailed section of the guide comprising of the best builds for Kha’Zix in Wild Rift.
- Duskblade of Draktharr – this item will give Kha’Zix more damage in general. Also, its passive synergizes well with his passive and Ability 4 making it the most efficient item on Kha’Zix.
- Youmuu’s Ghostblade – it gives damage as well, though its passive provides a different purpose. Its passive gives a movement speed boost which can ramp up, and when ramped up fully, it makes the next basic attack deal bonus damage and give attack speed. It isn’t the most ideal item for Kha’Zix since he generally doesn’t need attack speed.
- Umbral Glaive – this item gives damage and utility at the same time. Its passive will make sure that you are out of vision, which makes assassination more possible and a lot easier.
- Mortal Reminder – an exceptional item on Kha’Zix, make sure to buy it no matter what though it is not a priority.
- Black Cleaver – an offensive item for Bruiser Kha’Zix. It shreds the armor of damaged enemy champions which other allied championed can benefit from as well. It provides the most important stats on Bruiser Kha’Zix, which are Health, Attack Damage and Ability Haste.
- Guardian Angel – a generally good item for Kha’Zix since he can be caught out of position when jumping into fights. Also, when resurrecting and a target you have participated on killing died, the Evolved-Leap will reset.
- Death’s Dance – a very good item for Bruiser Kha’Zix. It provides similar stats to Black Cleaver, though it is designed to be more of a defensive item. Its passive delays damage received giving more time to heal or get healed by teammates.
- Maw of Malmortius – a counter-item against strong AP champions. Also, it provides valuable stats and a strong AP shield as its passive.
- Randiun’s Omen – a counter-item against fed critical striking champions including Yasuo, Tryndamere and Marksmen champions in general.
- Sterak’s Gage – a viable defensive option that provides a balance of offense and defenses. However, it cannot be built alongside Maw of Malmortius since they don’t stack.
- Deadman’s Plate – another viable defensive option for Kha’Zix that provides Health, Armor and Movement Speed similar to Youmuu’s Ghostblade. However, make sure to not build it alongside Youmuu’s Ghostblade since they don’t stack.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity– it is the most standard boots for Kha’Zix.
- Mercury’s Treads – a more defensive option against AP champions and CC.
- Plated Steelcaps –another defensive option, though it is effective against AD and basic-attack reliant champions similar to the champions mentioned in Randiun’s Omen.
- Statis Enchantment – it is exceptional when paired with Guardian Angel. Moreover, it makes Kha’Zix harder to kill especially combined with his Ability 4 and mobility from Ability 3. Also, using Statis Enchant mid-air his Ability 3, will not cancel the ability. Moreover, using Statis Enchant while invisible with Ability 4 will not reveal you right away.
- Protobelt Enchantment – it provides another mobility option besides Ability 3, making him more slippery. Also, it can cancel Ability 3.
- Quicksilver Enchantment – it counters CC.
- Teleport Enchantment – take it if you are killed and you are needed the moment you respawn. This situation will be most common on team fights, and extended skirmishes before or after objective taking. Also, using this will not reveal you when invisible with Ability 4, making it even efficient when Ability 4 is evolved.
- Shadows Enchant – if you are fed and are looking to kill enemy champions, take this item again and again. It will lead you towards possible targets and slow them as well giving you time to catch them.
League of Legends: Wild Rift Kha’Zix Gameplay Tips
Let’s be real, Kha’Zix is not a very simple champion. Playing him effectively requires practice, good in-game knowledge, good itemization, and good in-game micro and macro skills in general. To help you play him even better, here are a couple of tips in our guide to help you play Kha’Zix at the highest level possible in Wild Rift
- Kha’Zix’ passive, Unseen Threat resets whenever you go into an unwarded bush.
- Whenever Kha’Zix uses his Ability 4, he ignores unit collision meaning he can walk through minions, champions, and monsters. and cannot be blocked.
- Your Ability 4 can cancel targeted abilities like Darius and Vi ultimate if timed correctly.
- Flashing mid-air your Ability 3 will cancel it.
- Use Ability 4 for engaging instead of Ability 3 unless it’s a secured kill and you have Ability 3 evolved.
- Be aware of the kit and summoner spells of the enemy champions, you can get heavily punished if you are expecting a kill but they turn out to have a source of heal, shield, and escape tool like Flash.
- In the active item enchantments, there are tips related to his abilities as well.
Pros and Cons of Kha’Zix
- Insane burst damage
- Carry potential
- Can easy one-shot enemy carries
- Good one champion to one trick
- Strong late game
- A very fun champion
- High mobility
- Can 1v9 if played well
- Doesn’t have that much hard matchups so far
Kha’Zix is proven weak against and if,
- Deployed against cc
- Against peel comp (Janna, Lulu, etc.)
- If behind
Matchups for Kha’Zix in Wild Rift
This section will be divided into 3 parts depending on their threat. Easy translate to match-ups where you will have the utmost advantage all throughout the game, Fair is a skill matchup and will generally depend on who’s better while Hard matchups are champions that beat you for some reason like countering your kit and out scaling you.
In playing Kha’Zix, it is very important to keep positioning in mind as well as making sure to punish mispositioned enemies. Practice how his abilities work, play him until you’re comfortable, study other undiscovered mechanics by yourself, and wreak havoc on the enemy team. To be a pro in Kha’Zix in Wild Rift, one needs to practice more and more with good knowledge of skills and their effects, so that the skill can be used with precision, and if stuck don’t hesitate to fall back to this guide for tips. Good luck on the rift!
That’s all for today’s League of Legends: Wild Rift Kha’Zix Guide. Do you prefer to use Kha’Zix in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.