The 3.2 update for Genshin Impact has been released together with the new playable characters of Nahida and Layla in Sumeru. With a total of 57 characters to choose from, some characters have moved tiers in terms of strength, synergies, and overall viability in the meta. This tier list will look into which characters are the most viable and the strongest in the latest 3.2 Update of Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact 3.2 Tier List: Present condition of the game
Characters fulfil the roles in a team and fall into one or more of the three categories, which are Main DPS, Sub DPS, and Support. Some characters are potent in all roles like the Electro Archon, and Raiden Shogun is a SS tier in all the categories, because of her well-rounded kit.
The hardest content in the game right now is Spiral Abyss, which almost all characters can complete, depending on how much time and effort they put into farming artifacts. In contrast to a competitive Razor DPS, a top-tier unit like Ayaka will be appropriate for the Main DPS role and requires less commitment. Although Razor is a good unit and can deal a lot of damage, Hu Tao and other top units like Ayaka require a lot of effort and synergy to match their damage output.
It is to be noted that a high tier means that the character is better than lower-placed characters, in terms of damage, and versatility at the same amount of investment, and performs at a higher level regardless of teammates. A lower-tier character doesn’t necessarily mean that the character is bad, but is an indicator of the character working in niche teams/situations or better alternatives are available in the game. Lastly, the characters are not ranked within their own tier.
Genshin Impact 3.2 Tier List: Ranking the characters across 3 roles
|Overpowered (SS)||Hu Tao||Ayato||Raiden Shogun||–||Ayaka Ganyu||Itto||–|
|Strong (S)||Diluc Yoimiya||Childe||Razor Keqing Yae Miko Cyno||Xiao||Shenhe Eula||Zhongli||Tighnari|
|Good (A)||Xiangling Yanfei|
|Kokomi Mona||Fischl Beidou||Kazuha Heizou||Kaeya||Traveller Noelle Albedo||Nahida|
|Average (B)||Thoma Xinyan Bennett||Candace Xingqiu||Lisa Traveller||Traveller|
|Chongyun Rosaria |
|Weak (C)||Amber||Barbara||Kujou Sara||Sucrose Sayu||Qiqi||Yun Jin|
- Ganyu: Has unrivaled dominance in terms of DPS scalings in terms of charge attacks. She is a 5-star Cryo bow user who, like Hu Tao when paired with a hydro character, can exceed the majority of DPS characters in terms of damage output.
- Ayaka: A highly damaging attack, impressive elemental burst, and high utility with elemental skill. Not only, she does have a high damage ceiling, but her simple playstyle and highly flexible team compositions make her one of the most sought-after characters in the game.
- Raiden Shogun: The electro archon at her release seemed underwhelming, due to electro being one of the weakest elements in the game. But her well-rounded kit, absurd energy recharge abilities, and incredible damage with both elemental skills and burst make her one of the best characters in all situations.
|Overpowered (SS)||Xiangling||Xingqiu Yelan||Raiden Shogun||Kazuha|
|Strong (S)||Bennett Hu Tao||Mona Childe||Beidou|
Yae Miko Shinobu
|Venti||Rosaria Shenhe Ayaka||Zhongli Albedo|
|Good (A)||Kokomi Ayato||Kujou Sara||Jean Sucrose||Kaeya|
|Average (B)||Xinyan Thoma||Candace||Lisa||Heizou||Aloy|
- Raiden Shogun: Raiden is one of the exceptions in Genshin Impact. She is a true all-rounder, as evidenced by her being overpowered in the three roles covered in this tier list. Her versatile skill set is sure to fit any team that the players can think of.
- Xiangling: She is one of the most famous chefs in Liyue Harbor. She is a 4-star pyro polearm user, and she is considered one of the strongest Sub-DPS in the game with her consistent pyro damage with her elemental skill and elemental bursts. She tops the rankings as a pyro support/sub-DPS, due to the new artifact set, as well as the new polearm is obtainable through Quests.
- Kazuha: One of the best-supporting characters in the game, along with Venti, he is the sword-wielding Inazuma character. Being a top-tier sub-DPS character, it is all thanks to his damage multipliers. His elemental burst, in addition to the Viridescent Venerer advantage, allows for a good deal of overtime.
|Overpowered (SS)||Bennett||Xingqiu Mona Kokomi||Raiden Shogun||Kazuha||Shenhe||Zhongli||Nahida|
|Strong (S)||–||Candace||Kujou Sara|
Yun Jin Gorou
|Good (A)||Thoma||–||Traveller||Sucrose Sayu||Qiqi||Traveller Noelle||Collei Traveller|
- Venti: The Anemo archon from Monstadt, although demoted, is still a very overpowered character that can still be usable even, if one does not build decent artifacts, due to the powerful crowd control that his elemental burst can provide.
- Bennett: Despite being a 4-star pyro character, Bennett provides the best possible utility when it comes to a support character. His elemental burst is what players think as to the reason, why his kit is overpowered. This skill provides an area that provides healing and boosts the attack of the team based on Bennett’s attack damage. Once people get the first constellation on him, his limitations on the attack damage boost and healing will be gone. This is what makes him the best pyro support.
- Zhongli: As usual, the Geo Archon on Liyue is the most overpowered support character that provides insane amounts of damage, while providing the utility of shields for your team. Depending on how players build Zhongli, he can either provide Geo Damage in a big area or have enough health that his shield (scales with his health), preventing any kind of damage dealt to the player.
- Nahida: The newly playable character in the game, has topped the charts for being the Support character in terms of the Dendro Element. Along with serving the purpose of Main-DPS, players believe that she is the strongest of all the Archons introduced in the game till now.
Although this tier list exists solely for making the lives of the readers much easier when playing this game, players can decide whether they would want to follow it or not. They can feel free to build the characters as long as it fits the playstyle to where they enjoy playing the game.
Genshin Impact is a game where players take their time and try things at their own pace. Future updates will most likely bombard us with many things to do, so it is understandable that we may like to rush everything and finish the events. No matter what players do with the game, one must always remember to have fun.