Jarro lightfeather, commonly known as Ezreal, The Prodigal Explorer, has become a part of Wild Rift. A marksman gifted in the magical arts, he raids lanes with his mystical Shuriman gauntlet using it to unleash devastating arcane blasts and overcomes seemingly impossible odds with ease. Primarily played in the duo lane alongside support, he can also play in the Middle lane but it is tricky to do so as he has to go against mages and assassins with high burst damage. In this guide, we will take a closer look at the best runes, spells, and builds, including the tips and tricks to make your way to victory with Ezreal in League of Legends: Wild Rift.
We also have previously discussed how to master playing with LoL Wild Rift champions like Ammu, Master Yi, Jinx, Braum, Dr. Mundo, Akali, Yasuo, Singed, Jax, Darius, Ashe, Lulu, Varus, Tristana, Kennen, Miss Fortune, Blitzcrank, Teemo, Xayah, Rakan, Corki, Shyvana, Janna, Katarina, Leona, Pantheon, Diana, Galio, Fiora, Rammus, Sona, Kai’Sa, Rengar, Kha’Zix, Nasus, Renekton, Irelia, Riven, Nami, Soraka, Graves, Senna, Lucian, Akshan, Thresh, Seraphine, and Vayne. Armed with a crossbow and a heart full of vengeance, let’s get into the ruthless hunter’s abilities.
In this Ezreal guide, we are going to see in-depth how his abilities work in Wild Rift and how you can master him in no time and be in the best shape in the current rank season.
Passive – Rising Spell Force
Gains 10% Attack Speed for 8 seconds when hitting abilities stacking up to 4 times. There are three bars on Ezreal. The top one is HP, then Mana, and the bottom bar is for the passive. Each time Ezreal hits an enemy champion with an ability, a point fills in the bar out of 4 total. Once the bar is filled, the passive is then activated rendering the bar full which depletes over 8 seconds. During these 8 seconds, Ezreal gains 10% bonus Attack Speed.
Ability 1 – Mystic Shot
- Cooldown: 5.3s
- Mana cost: 30
Fires a bolt, dealing 84 physical damage (20 + 110% + 30%)
Ability 2 – Essence Flux
- Cooldown: 12s
- Mana cost: 50
Fires an orb that sticks to a champion, epic monster, or structure for 4 seconds. Hitting the target with an attack or ability detonates the orb, dealing 80 magic damage (80 + 60% bonus + 75%) and refunding 60 Mana.
Ability 3 – Arcane Shift
- Cooldown: 28s
- Mana cost: 90
Blinks to a target location and fires a bolt, dealing 80 magic damage (80 + 50% bonus + 75%). Prioritizes enemies hit by Essence Flux, then the nearest enemy
Ultimate – Trueshot Barrage
- Cooldown: 80s
- Mana cost: 100
Fires an energy wave, dealing 350 magic damage (350 + 100% bonus + 90%). Deals 50% reduced damage to minions and non-epic monsters.
Skill Up Methods for Ezreal
- Level up the ultimate whenever available.
- Unlock 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Max 1st, 3rd and 2nd.
Best Runes Setup and Spells for Ezreal in Wild Rift
- Conqueror: Conqueror is always the go-to on Ezreal as it gives him the ability to deal bonus AD and keeps stacking it. The damage increases as the game proceeds.
- Gathering storm: This rune is particularly useful for Ezreal’s late game because it increases AD every 3 minutes.
- Hunter – Titan: Ezreal’s survivability with this rune is increased vastly especially playing in the Dragon lane because with every kill or assist he gets, it increases his maximum health and tenacity.
- Manaflow Band: Ezreal’s abilities eat up a lot of mana and this rune works perfectly to tackle that
- Flash – Flash is crucial for every champion. Even though Ezreal’s blink is one of the best abilities to save him from tricky situations, it is always wise to have this spell at your disposal.
- Heal or Barrier – Heal is good in the early game especially since it gives Ezreal more survivability. However, if the support alongside him already has a lot of healing in their kit, it’s better to go for Barrier to go on the offensive and get a chance to score an early kill.
Best Builds for Ezreal in League of Legends: Wild Rift
Our Ezreal guide in League of Legends: Wild Rift contains the best builds for the marksman in both the Baron and the Dragon Lane.
- Trinity Force
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity built into Stasis
- Guardian Angel
- Blade of the Ruined King
- Mortal Reminder
Manamune should always be built as the first item to give Ezreal extra HP, boost initial Mana, increase Attack Speed, and ability haste to reduce cooldown. Trinity force is a crucial second item. The third item being Ionic boots of lucidity for cooldown reduction into stasis to get out of tricky plays. Guardian Angel should be built only if you have secured earlier kills, otherwise go for Blade of the Ruined King and then Mortal Reminder until you feel confident enough to build Guardian Angel.
League of Legends: Wild Rift Ezreal Gameplay Tips
Ezreal is a good champion for starters due to his attacking and escaping capabilities and sniping with his ultimate is a game-changer. It needs to be remembered that the Wild Rift’s Map is a mirror so one needs to understand the map side before starting to lane. According to her gameplay, we can break it down into three phases. Our League of Legends: Wild Rift Ezreal guide includes the perfect game plan for the early, mid, and late game.
Ezreal has a lot of potential during the laning phase as his initial damage is higher compared to a lot of ADC. You start off with unlocking the 1st ability and keep poking the opponent with it as it deals a good amount of damage from range.
Moving on to his 2nd ability Essence Flux, it throws an orb on the champion which when hit with an auto-attack, deals quite an amount of damage, and if you combo it with Mystic Shot, the damage dealt is insane. In case the duo lane gets ganked by the enemy jungler or other laner, his blink ability Arcane shift can be used to escape easily and also deal damage while doing so.
Ezreal, if gets early kills, is unstoppable. After dominating his lane, he can gank other lanes and help teammates secure kills and win their lane and assist the jungler to take objectives. At this point, doing a 2v1 is a child’s play for him. With a little support from the team, the tide of the game is already in our favor.
Late game is when Ezreal’s damage blows out of proportion. He is literally one shot at this point. He can easily hunt down and take his opponents with his combos. It is important to stay with the team and that is what he should do.
Doing solo other than 1v1 situations will only get him killed late game no matter how strong he is. The key is to stay with the team and help them win teamfights by spamming the abilities from a distance.
Combos to be used for Ezreal in Wild Rift
- 1st ability + 3rd ability + 2nd ability + AA
- 3rd ability + 2nd ability + 1st ability + AA
- 1st ability + 2nd ability + 3rd ability + AA
- 2nd ability + 1st ability + 3rd ability + AA + Ultimate
Tips and tricks
This Ezreal guide will also discuss some tips and tricks for playing the Night Hunter in Wild Rift.
- If Ezreal is low on health and close to dying, use his 3rd ability to blink away from the champion alongwith Flash to ensure your safety.
- If the enemy champion tries to escape, you can always snipe them with Trueshot Barrage which goes to the opposite end of the map from where it’s launched and can be used to finish them off.
- Always try to use abilities in a combo where you use the 1st ability twice and the 2nd and 3rd ability so you can proc the passive to increase his movement speed which can both aid in chasing the opponent to secure a kill or escaping quickly when trying to get to safety.
|Champs that counter Ezreal||Champs that Ezreal counters|
As discussed above, Ezreal is mostly weak against champions that deal initial high damage. On the other well, she blends well with supports such as Braum, Blitzcrank, Lux, Leona, Sona, Seraphine, and Thresh.
Ezreal, even though he is not a strong Adc like Draven, Jinx, and Tristana early game, he still has a lot of potentials to dive in head-on and escape tricky situations. His insane combos paired with the increased attack speed from the passive makes him move in and out of fights real quick.
Even when you think you are safe, Ezreal hunts you down with his ultimate Trueshot Barrage and leaves you helpless. You always have a chance of turning the game around as long as you have the prodigal explorer on your team. As he says himself, “I’m at my best when the world’s at the brink of annihilation”, in this case, his own teammates cough cough. But fret not, like he says, “World, Peril, Save it. I got it, I got it”, Ezreal has definitely got it.
That’s all for today’s League of Legends: Wild Rift Ezreal Guide. Do you prefer to use Ezreal in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!