The successor of Scizor in the team of all-rounders is now a Legendary Pokémon. The bipedal Legendary Pokémon is first in its Kubfu form and has both its Rapid Strike and Single Strike forms available in the game. Both forms would necessarily be Fighting types. The legendary Pokémon from Generation VIII also is a Water or Dark type secondarily, based upon its form. In this Pokémon Unite Urshifu guide, we have entirely discussed how to play with Urshifu the all-rounder, from start to end. One must make sure to read till the end.
Also, previously, we have discussed how to master playing with other Pokémon like Pikachu, Mamoswine, Eldegoss, Zeraora, Blissey, Charizard, Snorlax, Tsareena, Decidueye, Dragonite, Talonflame, Cinderace, Greninja, Gardevoir, Venusaur, Wigglytuff, Trevenant, Gengar, Lucario, Aegislash, Crustle, Hoopa, Garchomp, Absol, Alolan Ninetales, Duraludon, Cramorant, Blastoise, Slowbro, Machamp, Mr. Mime, Greedent, Azumarill, Sylveon, Espeon, Delphox, Glaceon, Buzzwole, Tyranitar, Mew, Dodrio, Scizor, Clefable, Zoroark and Sableye. Therefore, one must make sure to check those guides as well. For now, let’s focus on Urshifu.
Urshifu: In-game Cost
Urshifu is available in the Pokémon Unite Committee for 575 Aeos gems. The exchange for coins would only be possible after 1 week from its release, for 12000 or 14000 Aeos coins. It also has a Holiday Style skin available in the shop. The shop consists of all the characters available from which players can view general info, stats, and abilities of the Pokémon before purchasing them.
Pokémon Unite Urshifu Guide: Urshifu and its movesets
As expected, Urshifu has a combination of Fighting, Water and Dark-type moves based on its form. Here are the details of these movesets in Pokémon Unite.
- Kubfu: The skill becomes a boosted attack with every third attack, dealing increased damage.
- Urshifu: When in Rapid Strike Style, it becomes a boosted attack with every third attack, dealing increased damage with two consecutive blows and reducing the user’s move cooldowns.
- When in Single Strike Style, it becomes a boosted attack with every third attack, dealing increased damage and granting the user a shield when it hits.
- Kubfu (Inner Focus): The skill reduces the duration of hindrance effects applied to the Pokemon.
- Urshifu (Unseen Fist): When Pokémon deals damage to an opposing Pokémon with a shield effect, it pierces part of the shield and deals damage.
Ability 1- Rock Smash
- CD– 6s
- The skill charges power before punching in the designated direction, dealing damage to opposing pokemon. The longer the power is charged, the more damage this move deals. The user receives reduced damage while charging.
Single Strike Urshifu upgrade- Wicked Blow
- CD– 6s
- The skill charges power before striking in the designated direction with a fierce blow. The user’s next basic attack after using this move becomes boosted.
- While the user is charging, its movement speed is decreased, but it receives reduced damage and becomes immune to hindrances.
- If the user charges power for a set amount of time or longer before striking, it deals damage to opposing Pokémon in an area of effect. The lower the opposing Pokémon’s remaining HP is, the more damage is dealt. The opposing Pokémon in the centre of the area of effect receive a critical hit and are shoved.
- If the user doesn’t charge power for that set amount of time, it deals damage to opposing pokemon in an area of effect, decreasing their movement speed, and this move’s cooldown is reduced.
- Upgrade: The skill further reduces the damage the user receives while charging.
- The opposing Pokémon in the centre of the area of effect are also left unable to act.
Rapid Strike Urshifu upgrade – Surging Strikes (13 s)
- The skill makes the user dash in the designated direction and strikes with a flowing motion, dealing damage to the opposing Pokémon it hits. This move can be used in additional two times, and the third time it is used, any hits are always critical hits, and it throws opposing Pokémon.
- The user’s next basic attack after using this move becomes boosted, and if the increased attack hits, it restores the user’s HP.
- Upgrade: Also, when using this move, the user receives reduced damage.
Ability 2- Headbutt
- CD– 9s
- The skill has the user charge in the designated direction, dealing damage to opposing pokemon it hits and leaving them unable to act for a short time.
Single Strike Urshifu upgrade – Throat Chop
- CD– 9s
- The skill has the user dash in the designated direction, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon it hits and leaving them unable to act. The user’s next basic attack after using this move becomes a boosted attack.
Upgrade: The skill also reduces this move’s cooldown when Wicked Blow hits.
Rapid Strike Urshifu upgrade – Liquidation
- The skill has the user deal damage to and decreases the Defense of opposing Pokemon in the area around it. When this move hits, the user is granted a shield whose strength is based on the number of opposing Pokemon hits.
Upgrade: The skill reduces this move’s cooldown
Single Strike Urshifu – Ebon Fist
- The skill has the user dash at the designated opposing Pokemon.
- Then, if the user designates a direction, it deals damage to the opposing Pokémon and shoves it in that direction. The shoved Pokémon then also deals damage to and throws other opposing Pokémon it hits.
- But if the user does not designate a direction, it instead damages the opposing Pokémon and throws it, leaving it unable to act when it lands.
- Using this move will reset Wicked Blow’s cooldown.
Rapid Strike Urshifu -Flowing Fists
- The skill has the user deal damage to opposing Pokémon in the area of effect and shoved them. The user’s movement speed is increased for a short time, and all of the user’s move cooldowns are reduced.
- If this move is used again, the user unleashes 5 consecutive blows upon the designated opposing pokemon, dealing damage and shoving it.
- In the time between activating this move and activating the follow-up attack, every three times the user deals damage to opposing Pokémon, the number of consecutive blows the follow-up attack will deal is increased by one, up to 10 times maximum.
- While dealing consecutive blows, the user receives reduced damage and becomes immune to hindrances. After the consecutive blows have finished, the user deals damage and shoves opposing Pokemon in an area of effect in front of itself.
Best items for Urshifu in Pokémon Unite
Further in this guide, we will discuss the best-held items for Urshifu in Pokémon Unite, as well as their best battle items.
Best Held Items
|Item(s)||Why it’s useful|
|Red Scarf||To increase Basic Attack speed.|
|Attack Weight||This item increases the Attack, with every goal scored.|
|Muscle Band||To replenish HP when at low HP.|
Besides the above-suggested builds, the Urshifu player may also use the following item builds:
- Weakness Policy, Muscle Band, Scope Lens.
- Attack Weight, Score Shield, Red Scarf.
- Attack Weight, Score Shield, Focus Band.
- Attack Weight, Razor Claw, Weakness Policy.
Best Battle Items
- Potion: It helps to Enhance a much tankier Urshifu.
- X-Speed: It might help Urshifu to retreat or chase a Pokemon with low remaining HP.
Pokémon Unite Urshifu Gameplay Tips
Our Pokémon Unite guide also contains the perfect gameplay strategy for Urshifu. Hence, do read till the end.
The game starts in the Kubfu form. One must prioritise farming to level up and avoid solo fights at any cost. The effects of Inner Focus also help Kubfu secure Wild Pokémon faster. Utilize Headbutt for mobility and damage and prioritize taking Indeedees for more exp. Once players reach level 5, they will be able to pick a style to play for the rest of the game. One must pick Single Strike Style if they’d like Urshifu to be a pure brawler that’s built to initiate team fights. Otherwise, one must pick Rapid Strike Style, if they wish to provide utility and help the team by bursting down single targets.
While Urshifu may be rendered unstoppable with Wicked Blow’s charge effect, it is still very vulnerable to stuns and disables, especially enemies that inflict slow. Players must avoid fighting with Pokémon that can stun and burst Urshifu from afar, and only give chase when the enemies are retreating or isolated. They must choose the preferable style, according to their playing style.
They must continue hunting targets, securing objectives, and pushing lanes. Players must reach atleast level 13, before or when Rayquaza spawns for a fully-upgraded moveset and high stats. One must help allies win a team fight and secure Rayquaza. When in Single Strike Style during a clash, players use the Unite Move Ebon Fist and shove targets towards allies for a quick takedown. Otherwise, use Rapid Strike Style’s Unite Move Flowing Fists to focus down on enemies and disrupt them from damaging Rayquaza.
Positioning of Urshifu
The priority should be the middle or bottom lane. If playing in the Theia Sky Ruins map, go for the bottom lane. However, the Middle jungle also suits it, if nobody else takes it and evolve yourself to the earliest.
Urshifu with other Pokémon
Our Pokémon Unite Urshifu guide would also talk about the relationship between Urshifu and other Pokémon.
Best synergies with Urshifu
These Pokémon would be the perfect synergy for Urshifu, especially in the game earlier.
|Blissey||The healing moves of this supporter would keep Urshifu in the battle as much as possible. Especially in the early game.|
|Wigglytuff||A Pokemon which evolves early can help Urshifu in the bottom lane with moves like Sing to stun opponents.|
|Mamoswine||The freezing moves and tanky Defender can be a decent partner for the Pokemon.|
Pokémon which are strong and weak against Urshifu
|Pokémon that Urshifu counters||Pokémon that counters Urshifu|
Pokémon Unite Urshifu Guide: Tips, tricks and strategies
Our Pokémon Unite Urshifu guide includes the perfect game plan for the early and late games during the Unite battles.
- Urshifu’s Unite Move, Flowing Fists, is best used when you plan to take down an enemy that won’t back out of a 1v1 fight. It’s also a stylish combo finisher! Surging Strikes and Liquidation mesh well with this Unite Move, letting Urshifu unleash a chain of combos on its enemies.
- Try out several combos in the Practice and Offline modes.
- X Speed adds more mobility to Urshifu on top of Surging Strikes. It also ensures that Urshifu is able to stay on top of its targets as it performs its combos.
- Urshifu’s passive ability, Unseen Fist, ignores enemies that have shields or barriers activated. This is the perfect counter for Supporter enemies, as most of them provide barriers or shields to their teammates.
- While Urshifu may be rendered unstoppable with Wicked Blow’s charge effect, it is still very vulnerable to stuns and disables, especially enemies that inflict slow. Avoid fighting with Pokemon that can stun and burst Urshifu from afar, and only give chase when enemies retreat or are isolated.
- One of Urshifu’s strengths is that it is able to dominate in any lane it chooses, and this style benefits greatly from it. Choosing this style means that Urshifu is positioned at the front lines during team fights, taking and delivering hits without problems.
- Lastly, players must avoid using it much in Ranked Matches until they master its moves and playing style. They should use offline mode or Standard Battles as their Practice Arena.
Once mastered, it would indeed be fun to play with Pokemon. Do keep the tips and tricks in mind, to play with Urshifu and master it in no time. Also, don’t forget to check our latest updates on the upcoming Pokemon for December month.
What are your thoughts on the Urshifu guide in Pokémon Unite? Let us know in the comment section below!