Nunu the boy, and Willump, his friendly and magical beast yeti, have arrived at Wild Rift. Nunu always wanted to prove that he was a hero by slaying a terrifying monster, but in his quest to do so, he found out that the yeti merely needed a friend. Bound by the shared love of snowballs, Nunu and Willump, a tank jungler, now raids the lanes of Wild Rift. His kit includes rooting, slowing, and knocking up enemies making him an amazing jungler and teamfight initiator.
In this guide, we will take a closer look at the best build, runes, spells, and tips and tricks to help you out in dominating with Nunu and Willump in League of Legends: Wild Rift.
We also have previously discussed how to master playing with LoL Wild Rift champions like Ammu, Master Yi, Jinx, Braum, Dr. Mundo, Akali, Yasuo, Singed, Jax, Darius, Ashe, Lulu, Varus, Tristana, Kennen, Miss Fortune, Blitzcrank, Teemo, Xayah, Rakan, Corki, Shyvana, Janna, Katarina, Leona, Pantheon, Diana, Galio, Fiora, Rammus, Sona, Kai’Sa, Rengar, Kha’Zix, Nasus, Renekton, Irelia, Riven, Nami, Soraka, Graves, Senna, Lucian, Akshan, Thresh, Seraphine, Vayne, Ezreal, Ahri, Draven, and Brand. So make sure to check these hero guides as well. For now, let’s focus on this guide of Nunu and Willump. We had also done a basic overview on Nunu and Willump earlier as he took his first footsteps in the Rift.
Like every other champion, the duo also possesses the common five skill sets of one passive and four actives. In this Nunu and Willump guide, we are going to see in-depth how the abilities work in Wild Rift and how you can master this champion in no time.
Passive – Call of the Freljord
Gains 30% Attack Speed and 10% Movement Speed for 4 seconds upon damaging an enemy champion, large monster, or structure. A nearby allied champion with the fastest Attack Speed gains half this bonus.
Ability 1 – Consume
- Cooldown: 11s
- Mana cost: 60
Takes a bite out of the enemy, dealing 55 magic damage (55 + 50%) and healing for 60 (60 + 60%). The healing is increased by 50% when Nunu and Willump are below 50% Maximum Health. Deals 350 true damage against minions and monsters instead.
Ability 2 – Biggest Snowball Ever!
- Cooldown: 12s
- Mana cost: 55
Willump begins rolling a snowball that increases in size and speed over 12 seconds. The snowball explodes upon colliding with enemy champions, large monsters, or terrain, dealing 35 ~ 175 magic damage (35 + 30% ~ 175 + 150%) to enemies knocking them airborne for 0.5 ~ 1.25 seconds, increasing with the size of the snowball.
Ability 3 – Snowball barrage Ability 3
- Cooldown: 12s
- Mana cost: 55
Channels for up to 2.5 seconds, throwing snowballs that deal 7 magic damage (7 + 3%) and slow by 20% for 0.5 seconds. When the channel ends, Willump deals magic damage equal to 3% ~ 15% of the enemies max Health (3 + 0.8% ~ 15 + 4%) and roots them for 0.5 ~ 1.5 seconds. Damage and root duration scale with the number of snowball hits on the target. Deals max 150 damage vs. monsters.
Ultimate – Absolute Zero
- Cooldown: 90s
- Mana cost: 100
Gains a shield that absorbs 65 damage (65 + 150% + 30% bonus of health) and begins channeling for up to 3 seconds. Nearby enemies are slowed by 50%, increasing to 95% over the duration. When the channel ends, nearby enemies take 125 ~ 625 magic damage (125 + 50% ~ 625 + 2505), increased with channel duration.
Skill Up Methods for Nunu and Willump
- Level up the ultimate whenever available.
- Unlock 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
- Max 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
Best Runes Setup and Spells for Nunu and Willump in Wild Rift
- Aftershock: This rune is absolute stunner on Nunu and Willump as it makes you tankier by increasing AR and MR after stunning the enemy.
- Brutal: As a jungler, this rune should always be taken as it increase AD and armor penetration.
- Hunter – Titan: This is the best rune for him as it gives bonus health and tenacity.
- Mastermind: If you really want to secure objectives, you should go for this rune. Nunu deals a lot of true damage with its 1st ability and this rune gives 10% bonus true damage which is insane.
- Flash: Flash is crucial for every champion. Flash should always be built to escape tricky situations.
- Smite: Smite is crucial for junglers to clear jungle camps and taking objectives. So always go for smite.
Best Builds for Nunu and Willump in League of Legends: Wild Rift
Our Nunu and Willump guide in League of Legends: Wild Rift contains the best Tank builds in both the Baron and the Dragon Lane.
- Dead Man’s Plate
- Sunfire Aegis
- Plated Steelcaps built into Stoneplate
- Spirit Visage
- Randuin’s Omen
The build starts with a Dead Man’s Plate on Nunu because of the 2nd ability. This item will give an incredible amount of movement speed, and with that 2nd ability, you can catch up to any opponent with ease. This gives a lot of ganking potential. You can also build Sunfire Aegis first if you want to deal more early game damage and clear the jungle camps faster.
Then you build the basic boots into Plated Steelcaps to give you bonus armor into Stoneplate which makes you even more tankier. The last three items are situational. If the enemy has a lot of healing, you should go for Thornmail first, if they have a lot of critical damage, go for Randuin’s Omen, and if they have a lot of magic damage, build Spirit Visage first.
League of Legends: Wild Rift Nunu and Willump Gameplay Tips
Nunu and Willump are typically played in the jungle and have some of the highest clear speed and jungle execution. Always remember that the Wild Rift’s Map is a mirror so make sure you understand the map side before starting to lane. According to their gameplay, we can break it down into three phases. Our League of Legends: Wild Rift Nunu and Willump guide include the perfect game plan for the early, mid, and late game.
Nunu and Willump have a very fast jungle camp clearing capability. The 1st ability which deals true damage to jungle monsters and buffs combined with smite will help Nunu clear the jungle camps much faster and level up earlier than the opponent jungler. It also heals Nunu which is a plus as his health would barely deplete with the combination of smite and Consume.
The midgame is when Nunu starts getting really powerful. The 1st ability would deal around 700 to 800 damage around this point in the game. This means you can easily out-smite anyone. Using the 2nd ability removes all kinds of slows which means Nunu can easily go in and out of a fight without much damage being dealt with him.
In teamfights, even if Nunu’s health is low, he can go in with the 2nd ability and instead of going in himself, he can release the snowball, knock the enemies up, and run away. This would be destructive with a Yasuo in the team. This is the ultimate ganking ability and you can really change the fate of the game with smart ganks and feeding your allies.
Nunu and Willump is an absolute monster in late-game teamfights. Starting with the 2nd ability by building up a huge snowball and ganking into a teamfight, using your Ultimate to slow down enemies, using the 3rd ability to deal damage, and rooting them will win your team almost all of the teamfights.
Combos to be used for Nunu and Willump in Wild Rift
- 2nd ability + AA + 1st ability + AA + 3rd ability
- 2nd ability + 1st ability + 3rd ability + AA
- 3rd ability + Ultimate + AA + 2nd ability + AA
- 2nd ability (early release) + 3rd ability + Ultimate + AA
Tips and tricks
This Nunu and Willump guide will also discuss some tips and tricks for playing the tank duo in Wild Rift.
- The 1st ability of Nunu deals insane amount of true damage to jungle monsters. Think of it as more of a second smite. It deals 980 true damage when the first ability is fully upgraded. Combo first ability with the smite and you will never lose an objective.
- When you gank the lanes with your 2nd ability, after knocking up the enemies, you can use the 2nd ability to constantly fire snowballs and root the enemies. The more the duration of your hits, the longer the enemies will be rooted for. Also, this ability will root every champion it hits.
- When trying to escape a tricky situation, use the 2nd ability to knock up the enemies by releasing the snowball instead of leading it to them, and then quickly running away. You can also use Flash when needed.
Nunu and Willump, being a tank jungler, with the ability to root, knock up and slow down his enemies, has a lot of potentials. This combo makes him move in on the enemies with force and come out victorious. Nunu hunts you down even in the jungle and there’s a little chance you can escape him. He aids heavily in teamfights and can turn the tide of the game. Nunu, and his personal yeti beast Willump, wreaks havoc as he himself says, “ Let’s get in there and thwack some stuff! ”
That’s all for today’s League of Legends: Wild Rift Nunu and Willump Guide. Do you prefer to use Nunu and Willump in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!