Samira is one of the most unique champions to ever be added to Wild Rift. She is both a melee and ranged champion, like Jayce, but her kit is more flashy and polished. She is mainly played in the Bot Lane, in the role of an Attack Damage Carry (ADC). One of her specialties is she can block projectiles just like Yasuo, but instead of being a melee fighter, she is an ADC. In this guide, we will look at how new players can pilot Samira in the bot lane, how to use her abilities in Wild Rift, and what her best runes and builds are. Let us get into it.
We also have previously discussed how to master playing with LoL Wild Rift champions like Ammu, Master Yi, Jinx, Braum, Dr. Mundo, Akali, Yasuo, Singed, Jax, Darius, Ashe, Lulu, Varus, Tristana, Kennen, Miss Fortune, Blitzcrank, Teemo, Xayah, Rakan, Corki, Shyvana, Janna, Katarina, Leona, Pantheon, Diana, Galio, Fiora, Rammus, Sona, Kai’Sa, Rengar, Kha’Zix, Nasus, Renekton, Irelia, Riven, Nami, Soraka, Graves, Senna, Lucian, Akshan, Thresh, Seraphine, Vayne, Ezreal, Ahri, Draven, Brand, Nunu and Willump, Lux, Veigar, Caitlyn, Morgana, Kayle, Sett, Yuumi, Alistar, Shen, Karma, Orianna, Gragas, Olaf, Ekko, Pyke, Annie, Nautilus and Kassadin. Players must make sure to check these champion guides as well. For now, let’s focus on this guide on Samira in Wild Rift.
Samira, as stated before, is a hybrid ADC. She can do well as a ranged champion, as well as at melee range against other ADCs. In this section, we will discuss what her abilities are and how they work. She has a unique mechanic named Style which accumulates from E rank at the bottom, to S rank at the top (6 ranks in total), and getting to S rank allows her to use her ultimate. These are some interesting skills, so, without any further delay, let’s see what her skills exactly are.
Passive – Daredevil Impulse
Samira has built a combo by dealing damage with attacks or abilities against enemy champions unique from the previous one. Each one increases her style from “E” to “S” grade (6 total). Samira gains 3.5% Movement Speed per grade.
Samira’s attacks and abilities in the melee range, deal an additional 5 magic damage (2 + 3.5% Attack Damage) increased to 9 magic damage (4 + 7% Attack Damage), based on the target’s missing health. Samira’s attacks against enemies affected by immobilizing effects will dash her to her attack range. If the enemy is Knocked Up, she also keeps them Knocked Up for at least 0.5 seconds.
Ability 1 – Flair
Samira fires a shot, dealing 53 physical damage (5 + 75% Attack Damage) to the first enemy hit. If the ability is cast towards an enemy in melee range, Samira will instead slash with her blade in a cone instead, dealing the same damage to all enemies within.
Ability 2 – Blade Whirl
Samira slashes around her for 0.75 seconds, damaging enemies twice for 20 physical damage (20 + 80% bonus Attack Damage) each, and destroys any enemy missiles that enter the area.
Ability 3 – Wild Rush
Samira dashes through an enemy (including structures) slashing enemies she passes through dealing 45 magic damage (45 + 20% bonus Attack Damage) and gaining 25% Attack Speed for 3 seconds. If Samira scores a takedown, Wild Rush’s cooldown is reset. Tapping this ability mid-dash will cast Flair.
Ultimate Ability – Inferno Trigger
Samira can only use this ability if her current Style rating is “S”. Samira unleashes a torrent of shots from her weapons, reducing her Movement Speed by 30% while wildly shooting up to 5 enemies around her 10 times over 2.23 seconds, each shot dealing 37 physical damage (5 + 30% Attack Damage). Each shot can critically strike. This ability deals only 25% damage to minions.
Skill-Up Methods for Samira
Samira’s Skill level-up order is as follows:
- 1st Ability (Flair): Level 1, 4, 6, 7.
- 2nd Ability (Blade Whirl): Level 3, 12, 14, 15.
- 3rd Ability (Wild Rush): Level 2, 8, 10, 11.
- Ultimate Ability (Inferno Trigger): Level 5, 9, 13.
Best Rune Setups and Spells for Samira in Wild Rift
Samira is a hybrid ADC. Her ultimate is one of the most unique abilities in the game, and the cooldown is also very low, at just 8 seconds at the start. Since Samira specializes in dealing with damage, it is also able to survive some damage. Her runes are set up accordingly, in order to provide her with the best chances of survival, along with optimal damage.
The following Runes work best for Samira in the Bot lane.
Keystone Rune: Conqueror
Conqueror stacks damage, along with healing. Consecutive attacks on an enemy champion stack 6 times, and then Samira can deal adaptive (AD or AP) damage to enemies. When fully stacked, Conqueror also provides 8% physical vamp for melee and 5% physical vamp for ranged champions, making it a great choice for Samira.
Since Samira is an ADC, she has the highest potential damage in the game and can score a lot of takedowns. Hunter Vampirism grants its user an increase in vampirism with each takedown, hence it is the best Domination rune for Samira.
Nullifying Orb grants its user a shield when they take damage that puts them below 35% health. This is great for Samira as she will be the enemies’ primary target in every team fight. Since its shield lasts for a bit, she can also use this to her advantage when both she and the enemy are at low health, and she gets the shield, while the enemy doesn’t, helping her to score a takedown.
Hunter Genius is similar to Hunter Vampirism, as it gives its user some nice bonuses when they score a takedown. In the case of Hunter Genius, the user gets bonus Ability Haste, instead of Vampirism. So, when Samira scores unique takedowns (takedowns on each enemy champion once), she will gain a total of 18 Ability Haste, reducing her abilities’ cooldowns significantly.
Pretty self-explanatory. Flash teleports its user a short distance in the desired direction. Samira can use this to either escape a bad situation or score a takedown on a fleeing enemy.
Now, this is an interesting choice. A lot of ADCs consider Barrier to be the best spell for them, but Samira is different. She makes great use of Exhaust due to her being able to output a whole lot of damage while also surviving the enemies’ damage. Exhaust slows down a targeted enemy, along with slowing down their attack speed, and lowering their damage considerably. Because of this, her team fights are better compared to other ADCs, as Exhaust is useful for the entire game.
Best Build for Samira in League of Legends: Wild Rift
In this section of the guide, we will discuss the best item build for Samira in League Of Legends: Wild Rift.
- Bloodthirster: Bloodthirster is a core item for Samira. Because she is an ADC, she has a lower health bar, and in team fights, because she can output the most damage potentially, she is the enemies’ primary target. Bloodthirster helps in this situation, as it provides Samira with healing, and when the healing effects go past her HP bar, she gets a shield. This part of Bloodthirster is known as “overhealing“. In addition to the healing, Samira gets 50 Attack Damage and a 25% Critical Strike Chance.
- Infinity Edge: Infinity Edge provides Samira with 55 Attack Damage, and a 25% Critical Strike Chance. Also, this item has a unique effect known as “Infinity“, where critical strikes deal 230% more damage to enemies instead of 200%.
- Gluttonous Greaves (Stasis Enchant): Gluttonous Greaves are the best boots for Samira, as they provide her with an additional vamp. The best enchantment is without a doubt, the Stasis Enchant, because Stasis will help her to buy time for her teammates in dangerous situations, and protect her in case she is about to die from any burn effects like ignite.
- Mortal Reminder: This item grants Samira 45 Attack Damage. The main benefit of the Mortal Reminder though is its Grievous Wounds and armor penetration. Executioner’s Calling is the component that grants the user the power to inflict Grievous Wounds (healing reduction) on an enemy when they attack them. The armor pen part is the courtesy of Last Whisper, which grants the user 16-30% armor penetration, based on the champion level.
- Phantom Dancer: Phantom Dancer grants Samira 35% Attack Speed and 25% Critical Strike Chance, thus adding to her crit damage. It also grants her a unique passive, Lifeline, that grants her a shield at 35% health, it absorbs 240 to 590 damage based on Samira’s level, for 5 seconds.
- Guardian Angel: A self-explanatory item. Grants Samira 40 Armor and 40 Attack Damage. Its Unique effect “Resurrect“, resurrects Samira for 1 time when she is slain.
League Of Legends: Wild Rift Samira Gameplay Tips
In this section of the Wild Rift guide, we will discuss how to best play Samira in the early, mid, and late game.
The early game with Samira is all about farming. Being an ADC, she needs items to make an impact on the match. In the laning phase, Samira stays in the back, farming up minions, while her support protects her from engages and heals her up as and when needed.
In the mid-game, as she will have built her 2 core items in Bloodthirster and Infinity Edge, Samira can start participating in fights. In teamfights around the dragon and Baron pits, she can be a big asset, as she can maneuver around enemies better than other ADCs.
The late game is the stage where Samira becomes very powerful. When she is at full build, she can shred quite a bit of the ADC roster, while also being harder to kill because of her insane kit. If she has support like Yuumi peeling for her, she can become a 1v5 killing machine.
But, she is still an ADC, so players must make sure they are in the back line, and not in direct sight of any assassins, as they are the ones who can one-shot her even at full build.
|Champions that counter Samira||Champions that Samira counters|
Overall, Samira is a very powerful ADC, but for beginners, she can prove to be difficult to pilot. She is definitely a beast, once mastered. These days, players have started to play Yasuo in the bottom lane in the ADC role, and Samira is a perfect counter to that due to her being melee as well. So, it is worth learning her for that trait. Players should just make sure to properly learn when to use which ability in what range, and they can get a great win rate with her.
That’s all for today’s League of Legends: Wild Rift Samira Guide. Do you prefer to use/build him in any other, different way? Let us know in the comment section below!