Xavier, the Defier of Light, is finally making his debut in the Land of Dawn. On a secret mission of the church to eliminate all signs of heresy, Xavier ran into an injured Yin and Melissa who were protecting a kid by the road while being chased by demons, and later joined them as the third member of the Forsaken Light. We have previously made a detailed hero analysis of Xavier as he made his appearance on the MLBB advanced server. In this Mobile Legends guide, we will take a look at the best emblem, spell, build, including tips and tricks to dominate every game with Xavier.
We have previously discussed how to master playing with other Mobile Legends heroes like Miya, Ling, Wanwan, Pharsa, Carmilla, Silvanna, Hayabusa, Atlas, Luo Yi, Yu Zhong, Aurora, Khaleed, Freya, Khufra, X.Borg, Lesley, Tigreal, Hylos, Valir, Cecilion, Lylia, Uranus, Barats, Odette, Angela, Vale, Rafaela, Hanzo, Esmeralda, Brody, Lapu-Lapu, Nana, Benedetta, Hilda, Mathilda, Selena, Jawhead, Chou, Paquito, Thamuz, Lunox, Yi Sun-Shin, Yve, Gatotkaca, Karrie, Ruby, Beatrix, Gloo, Argus, Baxia, Granger, Phoveus, Hanabi, Alpha, Harley, Karina, Eudora, Natan, Dyrroth, Balmond, Aulus, Guinevere, Sun, Belerick, Floryn, Aamon, Valentina, Kagura, Saber, Leomord, Bruno Akai, Bane, Edith, Martis, Alucard, Gusion, Chang’e, Yin, Clint, Alice, Grock, Kadita, Popol and Kupa, Zilong, Minotaur, Helcurt, Cyclops, Lancelot, Kaja, Claude, Lolita, Melissa, Layla, Moskov, Irithel, Kimmy, Harith, Estes, and Roger. So make sure to check these hero guides as well. For now, let’s focus on Xavier.
Xavier has three active skills and a passive skill like most other heroes in-game. In this Mobile Legends guide, we will also talk about the skills to use in certain scenarios as well as skill combos to be able to play Xavier to his maximum potential.
Passive – Transcendence (Buff)
Xavier enhances his subsequent skills each time his skill hits an enemy hero.
- Skill I: Skill damage increased to 120%.
- Skill II: Skill damage increased to 125%, width greatly increased.
- Ultimate: Skill damage is increased to 130%, cooldown reduced by 4 seconds (12 seconds for the Ultimate. The state lasts 5 seconds (Xavier can extend the duration by hitting enemies with his skills).
Skill 1 – Infinite Extension (AoE/Slow)
CD – 6.5
Mana – 75/90/105/120/135/150
Xavier fires a Mystic Bullet that deals 300–500 (+120% Total Magic Power) Magic Damage to enemies it passes through. The Bullet’s flying distance increases each time it hits an enemy or the Mystic Barrier.
Skill 2 – Mystic Field (AoE)
CD – 14.0/13.6/13.2/12.8/12.4/12.0
Mana – 100/110/120/130/140/150
Xavier conjures a Mystic Barrier that lasts 5 seconds. Enemies that come into contact with the Barrier will take 100-150 and be slowed by 50%, while allies will gain extra Movement Speed that decays over 1.2 seconds. When hit by Xavier’s other skills, the Barrier will expand into a forbidden field for 3 seconds, dealing 200–400 (+100% Total Magic Power) Magic Damage to enemies within and immobilizing them for 1.5 seconds.
Skill 3 – Dawning Light (Burst/Buff)
CD – 44.0/40.0/36.0
Mana – 150/200/250
Xavier unleashes a beam of Mystic magic that deals 700-100 (+150% Total Magic Power) Magic Damage to all enemies in a line on the map. Xavier also directly enters Transcendence Stage III.
Skill-up method for Xavier
Unlock Skill 1 Infinite Extension followed by Skill 2 Mystic Field. Unlock Ultimate Skill Dawning Light at level 4. Prioritize upgrading the Skill 1 to max first as it is his main spammable skill for damage followed by Skill 2 and upgrade his Ultimate whenever available. Skill 1 > > Ultimate >> Skill 2.
Best Emblem set and Spells for Xavier in Mobile Legends
Custom Mage Emblem
Use the Custom Mage Emblem on Xavier. Use Talent Points in Mastery in Tier 1 which gives +1.50%/+3.00%/+5.00% cooldown reduction and Observation in Tier 2 which gives +2.00/4.00/6.00 magic penetration.
Players can either take Mystery Shop Talent in Tier 3 which reduces item cost by 10% or Impure Rage Talent which lets skills deal extra Magic Damage equal to 4% of the target’s current HP and restores 3% mana with a 5 seconds cooldown.
Flameshot fires a flame shot in a designated direction dealing 160(+60% Total Magic Power)-640(+180% Total Magic Power) Magic Damage and slowing the target by 30% for 0.5 seconds. This versatile spell comes in very handy. It scales on distance so it can be used to finish fleeing enemies if aimed correctly. Moreover, this spell can knock back enemies which counts as a cc to cancel many enemy skills.
Moves a certain distance in a designated direction. Then gains 6 (+1×Hero Level) Physical and Magic Defense for 1 second. Flicker is an extremely good mobility skill that can be used as an evasive maneuver or can be used offensively as well.
Immediately removes all negative effects. In the next 1.2 seconds, gain control immunity and 15% Movement Speed. It comes in handy to counter a heavy-CC line-up dedicated to shutting you down. Watch out for heroes that have incredible speeds to catch you and have CCs and displacement skills to lock and isolate you.
Best Builds for Xavier in Mobile Legends
One can try many builds on Xavier. All which one needs to do is to just follow the enemy’s pick and then decide the role on the battlefield. We have set out our template build in our guide to try out with Xavier on the Mobile Legends battlefield.
- Start off the match by buying Magic Shoes for the 10% cooldown reduction inabilities. Players can also buy Arcane boots to increase the magic penetration by +10.
- Next Players need to buy the core items of the build. Cloak of Destiny can be bought after the boots. It adds 25 HP and 4 magic power every 20 seconds for up to 12 times. Reaching max time, the hero receives extra 5% magic power and 300 mana. A fully stacked Clock of Destiny grants 115.5 Magic Power, 900 Mana, and 915 HP by itself.
- This should be followed by buying the Lightning Truncheon which echoes the next skill after every 6 seconds dealing 20-1000 Magic Damage up to 3 Times. This scales with the hero’s max mana. Lightning Truncheon’s Resonate damage scale with the Max Mana and Clock of Destiny‘s extra Magic Power is enhanced with Holy Crystal‘s Mystery giving a plenty amount of Magic Power in the process.
- Players can build the Holy Crystal after Lighting truncheon which increases Magic Power by 21-35% scaling with level.
- Divine Glaive should be bought during the mid-end game of the match when opponents will have some sort of magic defense in their build. Divine Glaive has a unique passive Spellbreaker which for every point of the enemy’s Magic defense increases magic penetration by 0.1% when dealing damage capped at 20%.
- For the final item, players can build either Immortality or Winter Truncheon based on whichever’s passive is available. Immortality provides defense stats as well as its passive Immortal resurrects the hero 2.5s upon death and gives 16% Max HP and 220-1200 shield that lasts for 3s. This effect has a CD of 210s. Winter Truncheon though is not a defensive item has a very good passive Frozen which freezes the hero upon using. The hero can’t do anything but will be immune to all DMG and debuff which last for 2s and has a 100s cooldown.
Mobile Legends Xavier Gameplay Tips
Xavier was a glorious member of the Knights of Light-a force that rivaled the Light’s Order of the Moniyan Empire, however, Xavier saw through the injustice in Lumina City and no longer believed in the Church’s propaganda.
A player must need a good understanding of the map to bring the best out of any hero. According to his gameplay, we can break it down into three phases. Our Mobile Legends Xavier guide includes the perfect game plan for the early, mid, and late game.
At level 1, unlock Skill 1 Infinite Extension and use it to clear the lane and also poke enemies. Xavier is really good at poking enemies however do not try to be very aggressive as he doesn’t have any mobility skills.
His Skill 2 Mystic Field is a good CC skill that not only slows enemies but when hit by Xavier’s other skills, the Barrier will expand into a forbidden field that can immobilize enemies for 1.5 seconds. His Ultimate is similar to Moskov’s Ultimate which travels throughout the map and also enters Xavier in Transcendence Stage III.
Players should keep a mix of both aggressive and cautious mindsets as they play in this phase. Always have an eye on the map and rotate to help your teammates in securing objectives like killing the turtle, stealing enemy buff, or creeps after clearing lane minions.
The reason why mages take the mid lane is that it’s easier for them to rotate to other lanes to provide backup hence always rotate to other lanes with the roam to help out. During teamfights, look for the right opportunity to engage and don’t feel shy to Cast his Ultimate to snipe fleeing enemies. With his good burst potential and CC abilities, he plays a big role in small-scale teamfights in mid-game.
This is the point of the game where players need to be aware of their positioning and timing. After getting their hands on a few of his core equipment Xavier can deal insane amounts of damage to the enemies.
He can absolutely destroy the enemies from the backline. Xavier can also steal Lord with an exceptionally timed use of his Ultimate which travels the whole map just like Moskov’s Ultimate.
|Heroes that counter Xavier||Heroes Xavier can counter|
Xavier is the newest mage added to the game and is pretty strong as he is right now. His early game is decent however he truly shines from the mid-game when he has got one or two of his core items while in the end game, he is very strong. Xavier’s Ultimate ability is pretty good as it is basically a whole map-wide snipe skill.
His Skill 2 also provides lots of CC by not only slowing enemies but immobilizing them as well when another Skill is used through it. He is definitely going to be one of the meta-mage heroes. These tips will surely help you to guide easy wins with Xavier in Mobile Legends. You can also refer to our latest tier list to know more about the revamped meta heroes in this current season.
That’s all for today’s Mobile Legends Xavier Guide. Do you prefer to use Xavier in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!