Mobile Legend’s Layla is one of the earliest marksmen to arrive in the heroes roster of Mobile Legends. She is a very unique Marksman hero who is good at gunning down enemies at long-range distances. The to her larger range of attacks, she can be a big problem to melee or close-ranged heroes. In the recent patch and through “Project Next” Layla’s skill got some changes to make her more useful in the rank or classic matches. Now she is able to stun multiple enemies with her skill. In this Mobile Legends guide, we will take a look at the best emblem, spell, and build, including tips and tricks to dominate every game with Layla.
We have previously discussed how to master playing with other Mobile Legends heroes like Miya, Ling, Wanwan, Pharsa, Carmilla, Silvanna, Hayabusa, Atlas, Luo Yi, Yu Zhong, Aurora, Khaleed, Freya, Khufra, X.Borg, Lesley, Tigreal, Hylos, Valir, Cecilion, Lylia, Uranus, Barats, Odette, Angela, Vale, Rafaela, Hanzo, Esmeralda, Brody, Lapu-Lapu, Nana, Benedetta, Hilda, Mathilda, Selena, Jawhead, Chou, Paquito, Thamuz, Lunox, Yi Sun-Shin, Yve, Gatotkaca, Karrie, Ruby, Beatrix, Gloo, Argus, Baxia, Granger, Phoveus, Hanabi, Alpha, Harley, Karina, Eudora, Natan, Dyrroth, Balmond, Aulus, Guinevere, Sun, Belerick, Floryn, Aamon, Valentina, Kagura, Saber, Leomord, Bruno Akai, Bane, Edith, Martis, Alucard, Gusion, Chang’e, Yin, Clint, Alice, Grock, Kadita, Popol and Kupa, Zilong, Minotaur, Helcurt, Cyclops, Lancelot, Kaja, Claude, Lolita, Melissa, Layla, Moskov, Irithel, Kimmy, Harith, Estes, Roger, Xavier, Gord, Franco, Minsitthar, Terizla, Masha, Johnson, Zhask, Fanny, Aldous, Diggie, Julian, Faramis, Vexana, Natalia, Fredrinn, Joy, Arlott, Ixia and Novaria. So make sure to check these hero guides as well. For now, let’s focus on Ixia.
Layla has three active skills and a passive skill like all the other heroes in-game. In this Mobile Legends guide, we will also talk about the skills to use in certain scenarios as well as skill combos to be able to play Layla to her utmost potential.
Passive – Malefic Gun (Buff)
Layla deals increased damage to enemies farther away from her (starting at 100% and increasing to 130% at 6 units away). This does not include Turrets.
Skill 1 – Malefic Bomb (Burst, Buff)
Layla fires a Malefic Bomb in the target direction, dealing 200–400 (+80% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to the first enemy hit ( can be critically strike). Upon hitting an enemy, Layla’s Basic Attacks and Void Projectile Void Projectile gain extra range[amount unknown] for 3 seconds, and she gains 60% Movement Speed that decays over 1.2 seconds. The duration of the Movement Speed boost is doubled (or 2.4 seconds) if an enemy hero is hit.
Skill 2 – Void Projectile (AoE, Slow)
Layla fires an orb of Malefic Energy that explodes on hit, dealing 170–320 (+65% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to targets in the area and applying Magic Mark on them for 3 seconds. When Layla hits an enemy with a Magic Mark, she deals 100–200 (+35% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to nearby enemies and stuns them for 0.25 seconds.
Ultimate – Destruction Rush (Burst, Buff)
- Layla fires a blast of Malefic Energy in the target direction, dealing 500–800 (+150% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to enemies in a line.
- Passive: The range of Layla’s Void Projectile Void Projectile and Basic Attacks is increased by 0.6–1.8 units. Her sight range is also slightly increased, each time this skill is upgraded.
Skill-up method for Layla
It is advisable to first unlock Skill 1, her first skill is her main damage source. Then unlock Skill 2 on attaining level, after recent changes, Layla is able to Stun enemies with her second skill. Prioritize and upgrade Skill 3 accordingly.
Best Emblem set and Spells for Layla in Mobile Legends
In this guide, we will find out the best Emblem set and spells to be used for Layla in Mobile Legends.
To effectively Layla in the Gold lane, players are expected to use the Custom Marksman Emblem alongside whichever Talent best suits such player’s gameplay. However, we’ve brought up some of the best Emblem/Talent Set-up that is advisable to be used for Layla:
The Custom Marksman Emblem ever since its Revamp, provides players with access to 3 different talents. Hence, for Layla Emblem Set-up, the following setup is expected of players:
- In the First Talent, we choose Agility as it provides extra attack Movement speed mostly useful for the Early game, Layla doesn’t have Blink or Dash and extra movement speed will help her to survive during the early game.
- In the Second Tier Talent, players can pick Bargain Hunter for a reduction in the price of equipment, hence making it easier to purchase equipment and start dominating easily on the battlefield. Instead of this, players could also use the Pull Yourself Together Talent as it reduces the cooldown of battle spells and equipment active skills by 15%, so spells like Inspire or equipment like Wind of Nature would have an even lower CD.
- In the Third Tier Talent, players can pick Weakness Finder as it provides a high chance to reduce enemies’ movement and attack speed, making it very useful against high attack speed enemies. Instead of this, Players could pick Quantum Charge as it provides a movement speed boost and Regen on dealing damage with Basic attacks within a short period of time, this could further increase Layla’s Regen from her basic attack.
- As a Marksman Hero with a high Burst Damage and Regen Potential, players are advised to use Battle Spells like Inspire as it greatly enhances the next few Basic attacks while also providing extra basic attack Regen whilst the spell lasts.
- Another Spell that Players could use is Flicker as it allows Layla to reposition herself as she doesn’t have any dash or blink skill, Flicker will help her to survive more and make some outplays.
Best Builds for Layla in Mobile Legends
Layla is a marksman who relies on fast attack speed to burst down enemies so one of the most advised builds to use for her is the Attack Speed which consists of Windtalker, Berserker’s Fury, and Haas’ Claws. We have set out the following template in our guide to try out with Layla on the Mobile Legends battlefield.
- Swift Boots increases movement speed: This is important for Layla, as she is a ranged hero with low mobility. It will help her in the early game to clear the minion faster and later it will help her to boost her damage output.
- Windtalker Increases attack speed and movement speed: as she needs to be able to attack quickly and move around the map quickly. Attack speed is Layla’s main source of damage, so increasing her attack speed allows her to deal more damage to enemies. Movement speed is also important for Layla, as it allows her to reposition herself in fights and escape from danger.
- Berserker’s Fury increases the critical chance and physical attack: This gives Layla the ability to deal massive damage with her critical hits. Critical hits are a major source of damage for Layla, so increasing her critical chance and physical attack allows her to deal even more damage to enemies.
- Blade of Despair increases physical attack and critical damage: This further increases Layla’s burst damage. Burst damage is the ability to deal a large amount of damage in a short period of time. This is very useful for Layla, as it allows her to quickly take down enemies before they can react.
- Wind of Nature Provides immunity to basic attacks for 2 seconds: This is a lifesaver for Layla, as it allows her to escape from danger or survive burst damage. Basic attacks are Layla’s main source of damage, so being immune to basic attacks for 2 seconds can give her a chance to escape from danger or survive a burst combo from an enemy hero.
- Malefic Roar Increases physical penetration: This allows Layla to deal more damage to enemies with high physical defence. Physical defence is a stat that reduces the amount of physical damage that a hero takes. Malefic Roar allows Layla to ignore some of this physical defence, which allows her to deal more damage to tanky enemies.
- Immortality provides a second life: This can be very useful for Layla, as it allows her to stay in the fight longer and deal more damage. Being able to revive after death can be a game-changer, especially in team fights. Haas’ Claws Provides lifesteal: This can help Layla sustain herself in the fight. Lifesteal is a stat that allows a hero to heal themselves based on the amount of damage they deal. This can be very useful for Layla, as it allows her to stay in the fight longer and deal more damage.
- Demon Hunter Sword can be useful against tanky enemies. Tanky enemies have high physical defence, so Demon Hunter Sword can help Layla deal more damage to them.
Mobile Legends Layla Gameplay Tips
Layla is one of the most powerful marksmen with high DPS in the late but. But to get the best out of her, it is very important to farm nicely from the early game. Sometimes it becomes very hard due to her skill set in the early game and lack of mobility. However, a player must need a good understanding of the map to bring the best out of any hero. According to her gameplay, we can break it down into three phases. Our Mobile Legends guide includes the perfect game plan for the early, mid, and late gameplay of Layla.
In the Early game, it is advisable to go to the Gold Lane as it would enable Layla to farm easily due to the extra Gold gained there. Whilst in the Gold lane, players can unlock the First Skill and use it to deal damage to enemies in a straight line. The First Skill greatly helps in clearing minion waves. Her first skill will also give some extra movement speed which will help her to harass her lane opponent.
On unlocking her second skill, players can use it to deal damage to enemies and to stun them. Players can perform the following skill to gain an upper hand on the battlefield.
Skill 1 + Skill 2 + Basic Attacks
On farming well and getting the first equals Windtalker. Layla would be able to deal high damage as her attack speed is quite high thanks to the large attack speed buff offered by the item. Layla’s Ultimate ability on being unlocked should be used mainly when your opponent has low HP, the Ultimate will be useful to secure some kills in the early game.
Players should keep in mind not to go too deep into enemies’ territory/lanes/jungle as Layla might just still be an easy target if rotating lanes without a support/tank. You can perform the following skill combos once you attain level 4:
Skill 1 +Basic Attack+ Skill 2 + Basic Attack+ Skill 3
Layla shines mostly in this stage of the game since she has completed her core equipment builds. Since teamfights are very common experiences in this stage of the game, one should try to maximize this to Layla’s advantage as her high attack range makes it easy to target enemies from afar, while they are busy attacking your teammates. Do not also forget to keep in mind to always target enemies’ main damage dealers first, as they might just want to lock on to you first while on the battlefield.
Skill 1 +Basic Attack+ Skill 2 + Basic Attack+ Skill 3
Try not to pass through any bushes in the late game, as you are the most valuable damage dealer in the late game, enemies will try to take you down first. So make sure your Tank or Fighter has checked the bushes before taking a fight.
|Heroes that counter Layla
|Heroes Layla can counter
Layla is a ranged marksman hero in Mobile Legends who is known for her long-range basic attacks and high damage output. She is a relatively easy hero to play, but she can be difficult to master. Layla’s strengths include her long range, high damage output, and ability to clear minions quickly. She can also be very effective in team fights, as she can deal a lot of damage to enemies from a safe distance. However, Layla also has some weaknesses. She is very squishy and has low mobility, making her vulnerable to assassins and other mobile heroes. She also has a relatively long cooldown on her skills, which can make her vulnerable in the early game. Overall, Layla is a good hero for players who are looking for a marksman hero who is easy to play but can also be very effective in the late game. However, players need to be careful about her weaknesses, such as her low mobility and squishyness.
These tips will surely help you to guide easy wins with Ixia in Mobile Legends. You can also refer to our latest tier list to know more about the revamped meta heroes in this current season.
That’s all for today’s Mobile Legends Layla Guide. Do you prefer to use Layla in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!