In Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, Hanabi is a marksman-type hero who is equipped with cool skills ranging from Crowd-Control(CC) to ricocheting basic attacks, AOE damage skills, and a built-in lifesteal skill. He is very useful in poking enemy heroes and largely devastating them with her mass immobilization skills. Despite being a weak pick due to a weaker early game, she easily makes up for it with one of the most insane late-game Glo-ups among all the carry heroes. With the proper build and support, a well-farmed Hanabi is almost impossible to kill in-game. In this guide, we will cover how to build and play Hanabi in Mobile Legends, starting from her skills, to emblems and spell recommendations, and finally to items and gameplay tips.
We have previously discussed how to master playing with other Mobile Legends heroes like Miya, Ling, Wanwan, Pharsa, Carmilla, Silvanna, Hayabusa, Atlas, Luo Yi, Yu Zhong, Aurora, Khaleed, Freya, Khufra, X.Borg, Lesley, Tigreal, Hylos, Valir, Cecilion, Lylia, Uranus, Barats, Odette, Angela, Vale, Rafaela, Hanzo, Esmeralda, Brody, Lapu-Lapu, Nana, Benedetta, Hilda, Mathilda, Selena, Miya, Jawhead, Chou, Paquito, Thamuz, Lunox, Yi Sun-Shin, Yve, Gatotkaca, Karrie, Ruby, Beatrix, Gloo, Argus, Baxia, Granger and Phoveus. So make sure to check these hero guides as well. For now, let’s focus on Hanabi.
Hanabi is a hero with the common four skill sets of one passive and three actives. In this Hanabi guide, let’s see her abilities in Mobile Legends, and when you can use which skill to get the best out of her.
Passive – Ninjutsu: Equinox
When Hanabi is at full HP, 60% of incoming HP granted from lifesteal is converted into a shield for up to 25% of her max HP. When the shield is active, Hanabi is immune to all controls and her movement speed is increased by 30.
Hanabi’s passive is all about maximizing the lifesteal she gains from her attacks. The shield she gets along with the additional movement speed and immunity to CC will further prolong her survivability, making her even deadlier.
Skill 1 – Ninjutsu: Petal Barrage (BUFF/AOE)
- Passive: Hanabi permanently gains 8/10/12/14/16/18% physical lifesteal.
- Active: While active, for each basic attack hit, Hanabi generates a new Petal blade that bounces between nearby enemies capped up to 5 times. Damage has been reduced by 25% after each bounce.
Although this skill consumes 15 mana each time it is used, it is very useful in poking enemies with your multiple hits, while gaining HP from its lifesteal passive.
Skill 2 – Ninjutsu: Soul Scroll (BUFF/CC)
Hanabi fires an energy scroll in the targeted direction dealing 400/430/460/490/520/550 + (80% Total Physical ATK) amount of physical damage to enemies hit along the way and slowing them by 50% for 2secs. With each target being hit, Hanabi regenerates an amount of 140/160/180/200/220/240 Mana. If multiple enemies are hit, the mana restored from the subsequent enemies will decay.
Skill 3 – Forbidden Jatsu: Higanbana (CC)
Hanabi throws Higanbana in the targeted direction. The Higanbana will fully bloom upon hitting a target, inflicting 400/500/600 + (100% Total Physical ATK) amount of Physical damage and immobilizing it for 2 seconds. This effect will spread to enemies nearby and each enemy nearby will only be affected once. If the enemy remains within the range of Higanbana, another Higanbana will bloom, causing the same amount of damage and immobilization effect again.
This skill can be used as both an offensive skill and defensive skill due to the mass immobilizing effect. This skill is also very useful against enemy ganks because of how easily Higanbana blooms when there are many enemies around that area. The immobilizing effect of this skill would grant you more time to finish them off with your Petal Barrage (Skill 1).
Skill-up method for Hanabi
As for Hanabi’s skill upgrade, prioritize Skill 1. This is because it has a no Cooldown and it’s also her main source of lifesteal even without pieces of equipment. Upgrade Skill 2 accordingly, and Ultimate whenever available.
Best Emblem Set and Spells for Hanabi in Mobile Legends
- Custom Marksman Emblem Set is the best emblem that can be used for Hanabi. In the first tier, players should choose Greed, which grants us additional lifesteal capped at 5% at most.
- In the second tier, one should choose Swift, since it increases her attack speed, making her deadlier.
- Finally, in the last tier (Tier 3), players are advised to choose Weakness Finder. It grants one a 20% chance of reducing enemies’ movement speed by 90% and Attack Speed of enemies by 50%, thereby increasing your chance of finishing up your enemies with your skills.
- Flicker: In spite of her amazing skills and prowess, Hanabi lacks a blink or dash skill that can either help catch up with fleeing enemies or escape from the dangerous ambush. Hence, Flicker will be a useful tool for that.
- Inspire: This battle spell is useful in greatly enhancing the damage and attack speed of Hanabi making her, even more, deadlier against enemy ganks.
- Retribution: When playing in the Jungle lane, this spell is very useful in killing creeps and monsters. If well-timed, one can also use it to steal an enemy’s Turtle or Lord kill. Additionally, the slowing effect of retribution when used on enemy heroes can be useful in slowing down fast-moving enemies giving you more time to finish them off.
- Purify: One can opt for Purify if enemies have lots of CC skills. If well-timed, this Battle spell can be a lifesaver.
Best Builds for Hanabi in Mobile Legends
- The first item, Haas’s Claw, which provides lifesteal, when combined with Hanabi’s own lifesteal of her Skill 1 allows her to build up the shield gained from her passive more easily.
- The second item is Swift boots which provides an increase in attack speed as well as movement speed. If more worried about her mana Regen, her Skill 1 really consumes much mana in the early and mid-game, Demon shoes are advised.
- The third item, Demon Hunters Sword provides both damage and extra HP regeneration through lifesteal.
- After this, one must go for Windtalker and Berserker fury. Windtalker has great synergy with Hanabi’s active Skill 1 ability. It can also help her to quickly clear minion waves and deal high AOE damage during teamfights.
- Berserker’s Fury: This allows Hanabi to deal greater single target damage.
- Last of all, one must choose the Blade of Despair to further increase her damage output. When this build is completed, it provides both excellent sustainability and damage which is extremely needed for the late gameplay.
Mobile Legends Hanabi Gameplay Tips
Hanabi is one of the strongest late-game marksmen. However, a player must need a good understanding of the map to bring the best out of any hero. According to her gameplay, we can break it down into three phases. Our Mobile Legends Hanabi guide includes the perfect game plan for the early, mid, and late game.
If using retribution, start your match by taking the red buff. This will give you the initial damage boost in the early game. After taking the red buff, proceed to take purple buff. Post that, go help the teammates in the top lane by clearing minion waves and killing the gold crab. Request assistance from your teammates to help you take down the turtle. If you don’t have retribution, it is advisable to go to the Gold lane because of the extra gold one gets. It is to be noted that in the early game, only turn on Skill 1. This is because one wants to poke enemy heroes with the ricocheting attacks. Also do not waste on minions because of the relatively high mana consumption of the skill at that moment. One might be forced to recall which ain’t good for an early game start.
With Hanabi having a very decent early game start, she must be played within the safety of your turrets or under the protection of tanks. This is because she is a bit too squishy for early game domination.
Skill 3 + Skill 1 + Basic Attack (several times) + Skill 2
In the mid-game, one must try to play a bit aggressive. One must poke enemies with Skill 1. One must try to maximize your lifesteal by keeping the shield up and only engage when it is necessary. If enemies are ganking up, deploy Higanbana (Skill 3) and use it to immobilize them while securing multiple hits on target with your Skill 1. This should cause great pain and damage to enemies within seconds. In case he was well backed-up, this should result in a wiped out scenario for your enemies. Do note that in the mid-game, Hanabi might just be the main target for your enemies, so don’t overplay your offence if you are going solo or pushing turrets alone.
Hanabi is much deadlier in the late game. This is because of her high unmatched Lifesteal and damage output. In this phase, she can easily push turrets even when going solo thanks to Berserker’s Fury’s effects. She also poses a major threat to enemy ganks even when enemy tanks are present. This combination should help you kill enemy tanks in less than 5 secs.
Skill 2 + Skill 3 + Skill 1 + Basic Attack (several times)
|Heroes countered by Hanabi||Heroes that counter Hanabi|
With the endless array of skins being on sale in Mobile Legends every week, Hanabi has also got a new special skin with the codename ‘Field Op’. With great practice, one can actually dominate even right from the mid-game. These tips will only help you to guide easy wins with Hanabi in Mobile Legends. Her annoyingly poking AOE and CC skills should be a thrilling experience for players who choose this amazing hero.
That’s all for today’s Mobile Legends Hanabi Guide. Do you prefer to use Hanabi in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!